Page 103 of 116 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 3474

Thread: OT: waaaaaaay OT....

I have been in some Irish bands. These days, I just play solo. My regular set is a lot of Byrds and 60s and 80s Merseybeat. A few REM and some other odds and ends. All jangly stuff on an electric 12-string.
    Had an awesome time playing in Ireland, though.
    "Play de blues, boy".
    "From anywhere, but, we will be in Greece, day after tomorrow."

i feel badly about causing a bit of a firestorm w healthcare poll

so heres my fave "the Bartender hates you" for some levity

harkens back to my own secret wishes whilst bartending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSOkG2ppgIQ
    "If I were kidding I'd be dressed like you."

HA HA I love it!
    Expert in particular carvers with special needs

Funny stuff, missus.
    Why feel badly? It'sthe Healthcare bill itself that's causing a firestorm.

oh i feel badly because it wouldn't have been a topic on here if i didn't start it

trying to add some levity... as i do with most serious situations

Still worthy of discussion, though. The issue affects us all, and strong opinions are hardly surprising.

But I'd rather be riding.

Mayday! Mayday! OT: waaaay OT dropped to 2nd page!

OK, decided I would rescue this venerable thread from page 2 obscurity.

And to address both the subject of this thread and the contentious health discussion, I thought I would share a couple pics of the mudflap boy that now graces my dreamy Coiler Schtubbette! A fine figure of an American - he made his debut in Whitefish last weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    'It's not every day that's a blessing. Every breath is a blessing.' - Jimmy Zell

HAHAHA! I love it.

I know this is off topic for the off topic thread because its not off topic (how many times can I say off topic in one sentence?)...but how long is your schtubette?

I LOVE the 160 Bruce has as a demo, but I decided to go with a VSR to purchase instead. I think a schtubette is in the future anyway though

It was about time this thread got pulled from the depths of healthcare, trolling idiots, and other miscellany
    --------
    aka: PinkPanster.
    Disclaimer: married to Jim Callen.
    Don't hold me responsible for anything he posts.

NICE!! the mudflap guy is only missing a silhouette of a beer in hand

My little metal Schtubbette is 160cm x 18.2cm x 12m SCR. Very flexy - I can bend her to a 7m turn if I'm motivated enough. Seems to handle a wide variety of conditions with ease, and she looks great with all my one piece suits!

Trying to decide what to have Bruce build me next - he suggested a VSR, but I'm thinking maybe a Montucky Race Carve (aka Classic.)
    'It's not every day that's a blessing. Every breath is a blessing.' - Jimmy Zell

Quote Originally Posted by two_ravens View Post
    OK, decided I would rescue this venerable thread from page 2 obscurity.

And to address both the subject of this thread and the contentious health discussion, I thought I would share a couple pics of the mudflap boy that now graces my dreamy Coiler Schtubbette! A fine figure of an American - he made his debut in Whitefish last weekend.
    Hey it's me. Those weren't supposed to be released, I didn't sign the waiver.

Where is my beer?
    Quote Originally Posted by eajracing View Post
    ....just dont let it intimidate you..... long boards with big scr's smell fear and will hand you your ass if you let them.

two_ravens that is the best! I love it! I'm also thinking of a custom top sheet for my new Coiler... but yours has mine beat!

I Wanna Big, Fat Daddy!!

I thought I would share a couple pics of the mudflap boy that now graces my dreamy Coiler Schtubbette! A fine figure of an American - he made his debut in Whitefish last weekend.
    Surely you've heard this jazz/blues classic sung by a female African American whose name I can't quite place. (Surprisingly, initial Google search hasn't turned up a relevant lead. One result was something by Glen Miller!!!??)

Anyway, a classic song. One to be cherished by any red-blooded American... ! Often plays on WSHA's "The Blues is the Blues is the Blues."

BB
    Last edited by boarderboy; April 8th, 2010 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
    Hey it's me. Those weren't supposed to be released, I didn't sign the waiver.

Where is my beer?
    Oops - forgot the waiver. But you had an awesome time at Big Mountain last weekend! (However, Allee drank all your beer - darn these sneaky carving chics anyway!)

Hey Tow Ravens,
    Just had to say I love the mud flap design on the Coiler! It is fabulous.

On a side note, I recently received a 161 VSR Colier and I had it out last weekend. And I love it! I went from riding short old alpine boards (17 years old lol) to a Colier. Its like going from a Ford Pinto to a Ferrari!

I am in trouble now...........I want more Coliers

Just to be clear - mudflap boy is just a stick-on car plaque from Northernsun.com. He can come off if I ever get tired of him staring at my... tight... heelside!

SnowNBeach - yes you do have a problem now! And there's no 12 step program for it.... Just keep sending Bruce money!

And BB - no, I haven't heard the Big Fat Daddy song... I'll have to look it up. But we have to be careful - it could end up as the sound track of dredman's next video!!! (Last time out, I mentioned rodeo bronc riding and how I felt like I was just hanging on for my 8 second ride in difficult conditions - the song I got was from Skunkweed - about 8 second rides... but I don't think they're singing about rodeos!)

And BB - no, I haven't heard the Big Fat Daddy song... I'll have to look it up. But we have to be careful - it could end up as the sound track of dredman's next video!!! (Last time out, I mentioned rodeo bronc riding and how I felt like I was just hanging on for my 8 second ride in difficult conditions - the song I got was from Skunkweed - about 8 second rides... but I don't think they're singing about rodeos!)
    Skunkweed is hilarious! I have had the pleasure of listening to them...entertaining for sure!

i love this!

Trying to decide what to have Bruce build me next - he suggested a VSR, but I'm thinking maybe a Montucky Race Carve (aka Classic.)
    My current Coiler is a classic. LOVE it...although, when looking at all three: schtubette, VSR, classic...the schubette and classic are more similar. The VSR will do all kinds of fun things but also requires a little more agression, which is why I chose to take it first over the Schtubette!
    --------

Skunkweed!! The Band!!

If you are interested in Skunkweed's music. It can be purchased thru their website www.skunkweed.com.

They are lyrical geniuses and quite great muscians also.

I would love to get to TX and watch one of their shows!

Ah yes lyrical genuises for sure! you have to hear it to believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by SnowNBeachAddict View Post
    On a side note, I recently received a 161 VSR Colier and I had it out last weekend. And I love it! I went from riding short old alpine boards (17 years old lol) to a Colier. Its like going from a Ford Pinto to a Ferrari!

I am in trouble now...........I want more Coliers
    Welcome to my world. Soon you'll also be known as "Coiler girl" by Bruce . If I had more money, I'd have more Coilers!

I'm a total Coiler PUSHER!

I"m not going to comment on 8 second rides........................
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by dredman View Post

They are lyrical geniuses and quite great muscians also.

!
    Some people also think Flight of the Conchords are lyrical geniuses. All in the eye of the beholder....?????

DREDMAN...I'm gonna steel all your fudge rounds!
    Last edited by Angie; April 8th, 2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: I really just wanted to bring Flight of the Conchords into this completely random and on topic/off topic discussion :)
    --------

No WAY Angie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    DREDMAN...I'm steeling your fudge rounds!
    You will never take mine!! The world is full of Little Debbies snacks!! Get your own!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Some people also think Flight of the Conchords are lyrical geniuses. All in the eye of the beholder....?????
    They are! Hey, it's business time!

Quote Originally Posted by Angie
    DREDMAN...I'm steeling your fudge rounds!
    Last edited by Michelle; April 8th, 2010 at 12:39 PM.

Hey Ya'll
    Yes I now work for Bruce..............paycheck gets deposited.............check gets written to Bruce . I already sent an email to place a second order. I am in serious trouble. Arggggg I don't think a 12 step program will cure me.........if we weren't riding out here til July that might help a bit

Now I am just trying to plot what I want for my next board.........VSR with a diff nose, more side cut...........not sure of the length yet..........decisions.............decisions...... .....

I hope everyone has a great spring! Come out to Cali where we will be riding til July!!

I'd dearly love another RC1 180 with the new materials. It'll have to wait, though. Need to upgrade the PA system a wee bit first.

Montucky RaceCarve

Quote Originally Posted by murphy12 View Post
    I'd dearly love another RC1 180 with the new materials.
    That would be the Montucky RaceCarve, the New and Improved version of the fiberglass RaceCarve!!

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulleti...ad.php?t=29503

I thought I would share a couple pics of the mudflap boy that now graces my dreamy Coiler Schtubbette! A fine figure of an American - he made his debut in Whitefish last weekend.
    Funnily enough, I have his twin on my roof box. One of my workmates was admiring his svelte profile just this morning.
    Last edited by Allee; April 12th, 2010 at 06:18 PM.
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    two_ravens that is the best! I love it! I'm also thinking of a custom top sheet for my new Coiler... but yours has mine beat!
    michelle...

sorry we missed you this year at nationals. thought of you when we were having dinner at Farleys!

custom topsheet = steve fleck!
    give me a shout if you need contact info...
    I challenge every BOL member to get out to at least one race this season...

Thread Information