Thread: Real or Satire?

Real or Satire?

I'm trying to decide....

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=45427

the references to "True Christian" with a trademark are making me think it's satire...

the whole forum is here....

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/?
    Come to the darkside, we have cookies

that's terrifying.

No one in their right mind would take the time to post all that nonsense just for satire's sake. I hope I never run into any of those imbeciles...
    Bring on the snow!!

You want to hear something really scary? They have 40,604 members....we have 4,491 members. I am so in the wrong business
    Fin

==============================
    Bomber Industries, Inc
    Email: fin@bomberonline.com
    129 W. 10th St. Unit A
    P.O. Box 1667, Silverthorne, CO, 80498
    970/513-7733 Fax: 970/513-7833
    www.bomberonline.com
    ==============================

Those people are idiots. Pure and simple. And they reproduce. Frightening.
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Satire, according to Wikipedia. Thank God (heh).

People have a lot of time on their hands!
    ----------------------------------------
    "Is that more fun than snowboarding?"

I Thought About Trying the Experiments, but

then decided my time would be better spent having a drink. (see SBS previous.)

BB

I wish I could say this one was satire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MptHixZ9ve0

Name:  HolyFacepalm.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  30.7 KB

Dave
    "At one point I was seeing my bootfitter so much my wife was begining to think I was having an affair with him."

Quote Originally Posted by Puddy Tat View Post
    I wish I could say this one was satire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MptHixZ9ve0

Name:  HolyFacepalm.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  30.7 KB

Dave
    This speaks to my greatest fear for America. The blindness that allows people to suspend reality if it contradicts what they want to believe is the greatest threat facing us.
    Last edited by BobD; May 1st, 2012 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    This speaks to my greatest fear for America. The blindness that allows people to suspend reality if it contradicts what they want to believe is the greatest threat facing us.
    As an outsider looking in, carrying a big spoon and moving it in a circular direction.....
    Does this blindness also affect the US Chambers of Commerce and the Republican Party for their disbelief in climate change? the NRA in their opposition to effective gun control?? ...........

There are many bigger, and far more threats to America's (and the world's) health than this lunatic fringe "Christian" sect (if indeed the site is not satire).
    Christianity is a large and very diverse grouping, including organisations like the Salvation Army who do real good, in many countries, for the poor and disadvantaged.

SunSurfer
    Alan McKenzie (a.k.a. SunSurfer)

Quote Originally Posted by SunSurfer View Post

There are many bigger, and far more threats to America's (and the world's) health than this lunatic fringe "Christian" sect (if indeed the site is not satire).
    Maybe, but when over seventy percent of Americans were led to believe that Iraq was was involved in 9/11 despite all the evidence contradicting that view, it showed how serious turning a blind eye to reality can be.

Many Christians are able to reconcile their faith with the reality of the modern science. It is those who are teaching that it's OK to ignore the real world if it doesn't fit with your views, that are creating a dangerous mindset.

38,000 different Christian denominations

and many believe that the "other" is a cult or not truly Christian...as a species we seem to do all we can to separate ourselves from each other...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._denominations
    but of course, I use the Pseudomorph Style of Snowboarding

Quote Originally Posted by boarderboy View Post
    then decided my time would be better spent having a drink. (see SBS previous.)

BB
    Me, too, but then I started worrying about our Kiwi and Aussie friends falling off, unless, of course, our northo-centric chauvinism is wrong and we are the ones upside down...

Those are the greatest trolls in the history of the internet. The entire Creation Science forum is a goldmine, thanks for the link

Cool Elaborate Satire,but...

Maybe I can be allowed some empathy for my 'kooky' liberal views when I say that I have several relatives that believe the Earth is only 10,000 years old and the human species even younger.Nothing divides families and countries like religion.

[QUOTE=BobD;377421]Maybe, but when over seventy percent of Americans were led to believe that Iraq was was involved in 9/11 despite all the evidence contradicting that view, it showed how serious turning a blind eye to reality can be.

the "coalition of the willing" provided ample evidence that group think on the subject that you reference was not exclusive to Americans. the same faulty intelligence relating to WMD, Iraqi involvement in 9/11 or whatever else was, presumably, what Tony Blair based his decision on. subsequently, and with the benefit of hindsight, voters kept Blair on Downing St. religious zealots are not in short supply outside of the US either.
    Davekempmeister

Lightbulb Case for Hope and Reassurance

Quote Originally Posted by skatha View Post
    Me, too, but then I started worrying about our Kiwi and Aussie friends falling off, unless, of course, our northo-centric chauvinism is wrong and we are the ones upside down...
    I share your concerns, but SunSurfer's recent response gives evidence that, at least a week ago, those "down under" had not yet been flung asunder on the day of anti-Copernican reckoning. And back in Right Side Up Land, based on yesterday's Constitutional Amendment vote, nearly 40% of the Possum Pouch electorate still have their feet planted, at least tenuously, on the ground.

Let there be Enlightenment ...

BB
    Last edited by boarderboy; May 9th, 2012 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davekempmeister View Post

the "coalition of the willing" provided ample evidence that group think on the subject that you reference was not exclusive to Americans. the same faulty intelligence relating to WMD, Iraqi involvement in 9/11 or whatever else was, presumably, what Tony Blair based his decision on. subsequently, and with the benefit of hindsight, voters kept Blair on Downing St. religious zealots are not in short supply outside of the US either.

http://www.ipsos-mori.com/newsevents...n-The-War.aspx

thanks for the source Bob. it's interesting and new to me. many different perceptions could come from that piece.
    Davekempmeister

Quote Originally Posted by davekempmeister View Post
    thanks for the source Bob. it's interesting and new to me. many different perceptions could come from that piece.

You're welcome. Yes, it is interesting. There might be many reasons for this. In respect of my above comment, the British public are generally more skeptical than here in the US, and although most would identify themselves as Christians, I think most people take the Bible with a pinch of salt. There would certainly be no serious debate over evolution. A very aggressive news media and leaks from inside the Cabinet soon cast doubts over the reasons for going to war. Also (another generalization) people in the UK are generally better informed on International affairs (thanks BBC) and with their long experience with terrorism were concerned at the possible repercussions even at that time. Although anti Americanism is often cited in the press here, at that time most people were on principle ready to stand shoulder to shoulder with an ally that had always helped them. Sadly I think that is not quite so much the case these days.

I think most people take the Bible with a pinch of salt.
    you're going to hell brother bob.

repent!
    "Did you not plan for this contingency?
    I mean the Starship Enterprise had a self-destruct button.
    ... I'm just saying.
    "

-Saul Goodman, ESQ.

Quote Originally Posted by bobble View Post

repent!
    is that Florida?
    Davekempmeister

Quote Originally Posted by bobble View Post

repent!
    Oh dear, don't suppose there's much snow down there

Oh dear, don't suppose there's much snow down there
    Not a snowflake's chance in hell!!!!!

SunSurfer,
    Still with my feet firmly on the ground.
    Alan McKenzie (a.k.a. SunSurfer)

Spammer alert!

Satire, probably.

Reminds me of a website called Density church, a satire based on fundamentalist Destiny Church in New Zealand.

http://densitychurch.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by boarderboy View Post
    I share your concerns, but SunSurfer's recent response gives evidence that, at least a week ago, those "down under" had not yet been flung asunder on the day of anti-Copernican reckoning. And back in Right Side Up Land, based on yesterday's Constitutional Amendment vote, nearly 40% of the Possum Pouch electorate still have their feet planted, at least tenuously, on the ground.

Let there be Enlightenment ...

BB
    I had already planned a few days in NC en route to DC this July...my trailer is going to be distinctively gay for the trip now....

Thread Information