Thread: This makes POV video look tame

This makes POV video look tame

Just in case anyone wanted an idea for their off-season playtime and hard earned dollars.
    I'm sure it only takes a little bit of practice. Yeah, right!

SunSurfer
    Alan McKenzie (a.k.a. SunSurfer)

I love my rc airplane, what camera system do the use for this and is it recorded or transmitted?

Incredibly cool. So, where does one get a setup like this? And how much $$ are we talking about?
    "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gcarve View Post
    Incredibly cool. So, where does one get a setup like this? And how much $$ are we talking about?
    Looks like you could get into it for under the cost of a Coiler. A quick google of "helicopter camera" and "quadcopter camera" will show you some options. At the very low end, looks like you could find something with (I assume) a low-quality built-in camera for $100 or even a bit less.

There's got to be a forum out there for this, right?
    ----------------------------------------
    "Is that more fun than snowboarding?"

I looked it up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Looks like you could get into it for under the cost of a Coiler. A quick google of "helicopter camera" and "quadcopter camera" will show you some options. At the very low end, looks like you could find something with (I assume) a low-quality built-in camera for $100 or even a bit less.

There's got to be a forum out there for this, right?
    The video does not look low end and from what I can see of the shadow neither is the heli. I wish someone could tell me more so I can get one.

You can go to their website for more info on their set up. Looks like they have two RC controls , one for the heli operator, and one for the camera man.

http://www.rcaerialcam.com/Aerial_Video.html

A GoPro and entry level chopper which can carry the GoPro is right around $1000 for the package. A rig that will carry a dSLR is a lot more expensive. The sky is the limit when it comes to RC stuff, pun intended.

I have wanted to do this for some time.

I've often wondered if a carver could drag a kite behind him with a gopro or similar attached to it.
    Sean Martin - president/founder
    Donek Snowboards Inc.
    smartin@donek.com
    www.donek.com
    phone:877-53-DONEK

Quote Originally Posted by Donek View Post
    I've often wondered if a carver could drag a kite behind him with a gopro or similar attached to it.
    That Heli-cam rig has been used in OffRoad truck racing as well. I would like to figure out the kite aspect, however, having several in the quiver!

Thread Information