Thread: Congrats Steph!! USASA Nationals GS & SL Champion!

Congrats Steph!! USASA Nationals GS & SL Champion!

new here? check out the Welcome Center and FAQs

Good job Steph!

Also Ice got National Champion in SL and GS. Polaris gets silver in SL behind Ice
    Mr. Coiler is National Champion in SL and GS. Glenn Chapman get a shout out for his double silvers behind Bruce.

How did the rest of the BOL competitors fair for 2012?

Ink
    LCI Freakcarve...
    Seriously having Fun!

Bruce's time was smokin!The top ten open times aren't printed,but assuming it was on the same course as the open class,his time looks like he would have been well into the top ten.Cool!

p.s. I've never met Steph but her achievement is most certainly worthy of congrats.Way to go!
    Last edited by Steve Prokopiw; April 6th, 2012 at 09:03 AM.

Arden got a Bronze behind Steph in Slalom and a Silver in GS. Utahdeafcarver (Jeff) got a bronze in Legends slalom but sadly blew out in GS where he was definitely a contender!
    I retained my Kahuna Sbx title but only managed 5th in both Slalom and GS. The inclusion of that youngster Bruce is not making a very tough group any easier!
    27 years teaching snowboarding....still going strong!
    Martin Drayton.
    http://www.geckodecks.com/
    Concrete & Snow...
    TEAM HEADBLADE

Wow. Go Steph!
    "''planter ben red' can be put very simply into ''the board stopped freakin fast kinda on its own''--Bomber-member Pat

Proud of ya, Steph!!
    "From anywhere, but, we will be in Greece, day after tomorrow."

wait a second..... shouldn't Bruce have been in the "Methuselah" group?
    Rippin' with rednecks down in Possum's Pouch.... SkiNC

Note also, that Steph's SL time was fastest of all women, AND would've put her in 7th in Legend Men.
    Right behind Alex!
    "From anywhere, but, we will be in Greece, day after tomorrow."

Not trying to be a prick !

Its not a good measuring stick comparing GS & Sl times on two different days. Even If the same coarse setter tried to set the same coarse he could never duplicate it, even if they had chalk markings left over in the snow. The only way you can truly compare times between two athletes, is on the same coarse on the same day. I hear this allot with parents and riders, and its not a good way to measure riders up. Albeit that Bruce's times were smoking compared to the field of riders on that day, and YES he could obviously hold his own in the Open class ! Just saying ! Congrats to all who placed !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Prokopiw View Post
    Bruce's time was smokin!The top ten open times aren't printed,but assuming it was on the same course as the open class,his time looks like he would have been well into the top ten.Cool!

p.s. I've never met Steph but her achievement is most certainly worthy of congrats.Way to go!
    DON'T HANG EM UP...............LACE EM UP !!!!!

Thanks so much everyone (esp. Jack for posting)! USASA Nationals is such a fun week of events, and the people we get to spend time with makes it that much better. Many congrats to all of BOL'ers that podium'd...even just competed!

Another BIG noteworthy mentionable is that Bomber & Donek had the BUSIEST tents during the entire week. Lots of newbies trying hardboots and alpine equipement for the first time...espcially kids. Nice job to Finn, Michelle & Sean for all their hardwork and dedication to our sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Another BIG noteworthy mentionable is that Bomber & Donek had the BUSIEST tents during the entire week. Lots of newbies trying hardboots and alpine equipement for the first time...espcially kids. Nice job to Finn, Michelle & Sean for all their hardwork and dedication to our sport.
    Thanks Steph! Yeah, we were a bit overwhelmed by all the response and interest. We're coming back next year bigger and better, see everyone there!

Big shout out to all the competitors, and all their hard work. Great event, and great to see everyone!

AND congrats to Steph and Alex for their Boiler Plate wins! I swear we had nothing to do with it!
    Expert in particular carvers with special needs

Great job to Steph adn to everyone on their accomplishments...might have to give this a go next season since you're all having so much fun!

Thread Information