Thread: can you buy VIST parts?

can you buy VIST parts?

I stripped a few of the instert holes on a vist plate- the aluiminum plate that you mount the bindingd to, does anyone know if you can buy that part seperatly from the whole plate? I looked on thier website (VIST) and it's very basic and just has one pic of the plate and no info. Thanks, Everett

NJ Exit 3 (Over 3.00" of Powder Annually)

Heli-Coils ?

I'm not familiar with the Vist Plate system, but if it is Aluminum, I'd think Heli-Coils would be the ticket.
    Don't tell me, "Show Me"
    765 grams = 1.6865 lbs. or 26.985 oz.

Try Hardbooter.com. I remember VIST installation Video from there.
    Last edited by piusthedrcarve; March 29th, 2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Duh

nuts

Quote Originally Posted by evnewsphoto View Post
    I stripped a few of the instert holes on a vist plate- the aluiminum plate that you mount the bindingd to, does anyone know if you can buy that part seperatly from the whole plate? I looked on thier website (VIST) and it's very basic and just has one pic of the plate and no info. Thanks, Everett
    Use longer bolts and a locking nut or lock washer n nut, you can get a wrench under the plate, Just dont go to long that you hit the top sheet.... If not you can retap to 1/4-20 and get new stainless screws.

BB
    Hardbooter.com

“Yes, it is much more challenging to ski 210 cm toothpicks. But do you choose to go to the wooden outhouse in the wintertime? Or it is more pleasant to use the indoor toilet instead? Why take challenges from the past when we can go on and challenge us on what’s possible with the current technology?”

Shane McConkey disscussing rockered skis.

If you are handy the heli coil for sure ! Alternatively local mechanic or engine rebuild shop should have lots of experience with stripped aluminum. You probably have room underneath for a nut on a longer screw. Or screw up from bottom with nut on top.

Thread Information