Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quiver thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by tahoetrencher View Post
    I think there is a world of difference other than nose profile between the new Madd and the NSR. Attributing all to the nose belies the other thoughtful posts you have made here. I remember getting my red team fps around '94-'95 season? You're 1998 wasn't red unless you painted it? Time to calibrate the way back machine Chumley?
    http://derf.dyndns.org/~derf/gallery..._Primes?full=1
    http://www.carvers.it/

You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueB View Post
    There is definitely a problem with ubrupt nose rise. Even before the decamber/metal revolution, I felt that Priors, Burtons and Generics (didn't ride too many Coilers back then) sliced way better, with their very gradual smooth nose rises, then the other old school boards.

So we could say that a very well built glass board doesn't need all the new "illness" ?
    Surely I'm not convinced of one way, old shape glass board , or the other way ,decamber metal board.
    I'm just talking about everyday carving.Rabanser told me that one of the best things of the decambered nose help to distribuite the pressure during the carve along all the edge.
    But he is a race oriented super athlet .
    My bad feeling with the decambered nose the board needs to be more inclined to get into the same carve.

You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Quote Originally Posted by jacopodotti View Post
    So we could say that a very well built glass board doesn't need all the new "illness" ?
    Surely I'm not convinced of one way, old shape glass board , or the other way ,decamber metal board.
    I'm just talking about everyday carving.Rabanser told me that one of the best things of the decambered nose help to distribuite the pressure during the carve along all the edge.
    But he is a race oriented super athlet .
    My bad feeling with the decambered nose the board needs to be more inclined to get into the same carve.
    Not too sure what you refer to as "illness"? Nose decamber? Hammerhead? Metal?
    Look at the old Priors, or even your Speed, the SCR definitely goes into the nose upturn. Nose is of a very gentle rise. Those 2 effectively give a primitive nose decamber. When this concept was refined and increased, boards got better. Then take your pick - less for snappier, yet still smooth edge engagement, more for driftier, yet still good edgehold.
    Metal or not metal is builder's and riders prefference. Oxxes has proven that non-metal boards still can win the races. However, most of the race boards and race skis still have the matal.
    INSTRUCTION | CASI L2 - hard boots all the way! | Vancouver Carvers' Diaries 2013/14 | Items for sale

Quote Originally Posted by BlueB View Post
    Not too sure what you refer to as "illness"? Nose decamber? Hammerhead? Metal?
    Yes just a joke we use in italy to descript all this new things.

ICE??? What is that? Wheres the bar? I don't do no stinkn' ICE. You can get hurt! With my knew Titanium hip, it's not going to happen! LOL

Jack-

Sounds like you're decribing Sean's carbon fiber machines...the one that Geoff referenced was very poppy and uber fun...while narrow at 18, did not bother me a bit-I think it was 12-14scr and maybe 179ish...much more fun on firm...think it would be un-fun on ultra hard days.

Quote Originally Posted by powdahbonz View Post
    Jack-

Sounds like you're decribing Sean's carbon fiber machines...the one that Geoff referenced was very poppy and uber fun...while narrow at 18, did not bother me a bit-I think it was 12-14scr and maybe 179ish...much more fun on firm...think it would be un-fun on ultra hard days.
    Yep, I'm working with Sean on a custom. Just have to recover from last night with Uncle Sam. We're going to try a carbon + glass combo with no metal. I'm thinking 171cm, 20.5cm waist, 11.5 - 13 - 12m VSR.

Jacopodotti, you seem determined to reject new technology even though I believe I have provided clear explanations for what it does and how it benefits you for freecarving. Ride one and you'll see.
    new here? check out the Welcome Center and FAQs

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Michaud View Post
    Jacopodotti, you seem determined to reject new technology even though I believe I have provided clear explanations for what it does and how it benefits you for freecarving. Ride one and you'll see.
    @ Jack Your explanations were clear and convincing, my feeling on the boards that I've tried was not so.
    As soon as I can I would try some new board and I hope to get new good sensations.

Recent discoveries of board performance with plates has left me with the conclusion that metal is a proven advancement in board technology but glass is also a bonus when it comes to storing energy. My next endevour is to combine the two in but in a different way than has been done to date. Metal nose, glass tail any prognostication as to it's performance, good or bad ? Core is made but i have to sneek into a certain board builders stash and convince him to release into my custody a sheet of titinal.

We're going to try a carbon + glass combo with no metal.
    rubber or no rubber?

Quote Originally Posted by kieran View Post
    rubber or no rubber?
    Not sure yet but I'm leaning towards some rubber. Not the deli-style slab that was under the topsheet of my Kessler though.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Recent discoveries of board performance with plates has left me with the conclusion that metal is a proven advancement in board technology but glass is also a bonus when it comes to storing energy. My next endevour is to combine the two in but in a different way than has been done to date. Metal nose, glass tail any prognostication as to it's performance, good or bad ? Core is made but i have to sneek into a certain board builders stash and convince him to release into my custody a sheet of titinal.
    Oh neat! I think this would be worth a try. You first! Where to end the metal though... waist? back foot? I would also think it would be good to end it in a flying-V shape, not just a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by jacopodotti View Post
    @ Jack Your explanations were clear and convincing, my feeling on the boards that I've tried was not so.
    As soon as I can I would try some new board and I hope to get new good sensations.
    Cool.
    new here? check out the Welcome Center and FAQs

Oh neat! I think this would be worth a try. You first! Where to end the metal though... waist? back foot? I would also think it would be good to end it in a flying-V shape, not just a straight line.
    i thought about this once as i'm sure many of us do. my idea was to have an isoceles triangle of titanal, full width at the front and tapering to the tail, and two complementary triangles of 2x2 biaxial carbon either side, widening toward the tail.

Coda snowboards comes with metal nose, glass split tail, cable...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information