Thread: Base Grind in OC

Base Grind in OC

Found someone who knows how to do a decent base grind in Orange County. Have taken 2 boards to REI in Huntington Beach. They have a Grindrite machine with all the bells and whistles. There is a Tech there named Justin that has done a great job on the decks I have taken in. He put a real nice structure on the second deck. Even got my edge bevels at 1 degree and 88 degrees. Reasonable price for full tune with grind at about $45. Looks like they will try to keep the equipment running for the next 2 weeks or so and then store for the summer. Worth a look if you need a grind.
    Last edited by Miltie; March 22nd, 2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: spelling

me too

Quote Originally Posted by Miltie View Post
    Found someone who knows how to do a decent base grind in Orange County. Have taken 2 boards to REI in Huntington Beach. They have a Grindrite machine with all the bells and whistles. There is a Tech there named Justin that has done a great job on the decks I have taken in. He put a real nice structure on the second deck. Even got my edge bevels at 1 degree and 88 degrees. Reasonable price for full tune with grind at about $45. Looks like they will try to keep the equipment running for the next 2 weeks or so and then store for the summer. Worth a look if you need a grind.
    Thanks Tom, I basically found the same thing at the REI in Tustin, with a seasoned tech named Don. I believe their machine is an SVST (same, better, worse than a Grindrite?) and he knew what I was talking about. Very handy to my location.
    Sunset over the Clyde Minaret '09

i had mine done at REI in Manhattan Beach. There are a few guys that know what they are doing. My 5year old Oxygen Proton looks and runs like a brand new one.

Thread Information