Thread: Cool EC video

Cool EC video

A very fundamental video teaching the technique of EC'ing. Even though it's a little late in the season, I figured why not. Enjoy

http://youtu.be/JpjZchZqwyo
    Last edited by Gcarve; March 20th, 2012 at 02:46 AM.
    "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them" -Albert Einstein

I have too many problems with this video to list. For one thing at the beginning he gestures that you shouldn't rotate at the waist. But then that is exactly what he does. Also I really don't like the tail initiation. If he's having fun then great, but this technique will not help you when it's icy.
    new here? check out the Welcome Center and FAQs

I have to say that I perceived the beginning as saying "start in a neutral position, lined up with your feet" not turned one way or the other.
    Daneille

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Michaud View Post
    I really don't like the tail initiation.
    I know what you mean, it does look like extreme tail initiation. I'd be good for 2 runs a day if I tried to turn like that
    "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them" -Albert Einstein

I can't really comment on technique.... heck, what do I know? but I will say this.... that guy makes it look easy! and the thing that really gets me, is that it doesn't look like he is going that fast.... I do like what I call "slow motion" carves.....

Hello, guys!
    Thanks for watching and discussing our videos!

Gcarve, here is the original clip (in better quality) created by Velvet.Pro team:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqY2dSXY_lM

and here is the "slow-motion" bonus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPaT5RWIG78

Some words from the author (BEN):
    "Jack, tail initiation works well on icy slopes on moderate speed.
    First video is just for educational purposes only."
    Last edited by au@; March 20th, 2012 at 02:26 PM.

Thanks for your input au@. Cool slow-mo.

Tail initiation makes the first part of your turn the widest, which is in my opinion is the opposite of what's appropriate, irrespective of conditions or speed. I break up the turn into thirds- Before the fall line, fall line, and after the fall line..Before the fall line is the grippiest because you're only gripping against centripetal force, not gravity. Why not take advantage of that and get all your tight turning done when it's easiest?

Thread Information