Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 36

Thread: Spring/summer 2012 video updates

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Watkins, CO
    Posts
    1,001

    Spring/summer 2012 video updates

    The first update for this spring.

    Sean Martin - president/founder
    Donek Snowboards Inc.
    smartin@donek.com
    www.donek.com
    phone:877-53-DONEK

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    363
    Sean, Cool video. Your Right Foot inside cant mechanism on the boot cuff is toast. Watch the movement in the video in relation to the boot lower boot shell. You might want to take care of that unless you like the movement. Glad to hear you have a new Japanese distributor. Good opportunity for you over there since most the European boards are going for over $2000. Demo time in Japan for next season orders is starting about now. Hope it works out well for you. Take care, Tom

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Watkins, CO
    Posts
    1,001
    Wow. You are right. I'll have Fin bring up some parts next week.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miltie View Post
    Sean, Cool video. Your Right Foot inside cant mechanism on the boot cuff is toast. Watch the movement in the video in relation to the boot lower boot shell. You might want to take care of that unless you like the movement. Glad to hear you have a new Japanese distributor. Good opportunity for you over there since most the European boards are going for over $2000. Demo time in Japan for next season orders is starting about now. Hope it works out well for you. Take care, Tom
    Sean Martin - president/founder
    Donek Snowboards Inc.
    smartin@donek.com
    www.donek.com
    phone:877-53-DONEK

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pacific Northwest/ Portland Metro Area
    Posts
    7,165
    Sean, did you decide if you are going to share your camera mount ideas?

    Nice job once again. Really smooth action.

    Good catch Tom on the cant.
    Personal Messaging is NOT working. Please post your email to make contact.
    SEARCHING TIP: go to GOOGLE and add this to the end of your search terms- site:bomberonline.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Watkins, CO
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by www.oldsnowboards.com View Post
    Sean, did you decide if you are going to share your camera mount ideas?

    Nice job once again. Really smooth action.

    Good catch Tom on the cant.
    Shared this last spring, but here it is:

    It's simply a mini ball head screwed to the chin guard hole on my helmet and a sanyo exacti. The mini ball head can be purchased for less than $25. It looks like the camera has been discontinued though.
    Sean Martin - president/founder
    Donek Snowboards Inc.
    smartin@donek.com
    www.donek.com
    phone:877-53-DONEK

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pacific Northwest/ Portland Metro Area
    Posts
    7,165
    Cool Sean, I do remember the helmet mount now. Does it have a remote? You can look at the video on the chair or lunch if you want. The bummer with the Go Pro is you can't tell if you even had it pointed correctly until you get home.

    What I was really after was the binding/board mount you were working on? Maybe I am confusing someone else's mount?

    Thanks again, really nice job.
    Personal Messaging is NOT working. Please post your email to make contact.
    SEARCHING TIP: go to GOOGLE and add this to the end of your search terms- site:bomberonline.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    near Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by www.oldsnowboards.com View Post
    The bummer with the Go Pro is you can't tell if you even had it pointed correctly until you get home.
    http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/lcd-bacpac/
    It's not perfect, but it removes that problem. Pretty tiny screen, decreases battery life, and adds weight on the side of your helmet. I typically only use it to set the camera up and then leave it in a bag. When using the wide angle setting I just roughly point it by eye and it's good enough.

    http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories...-remote-combo/
    This looks cool if you're a smartphone user. I'd bet battery life will be sacrificed even more.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Watkins, CO
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by www.oldsnowboards.com View Post
    Cool Sean, I do remember the helmet mount now. Does it have a remote? You can look at the video on the chair or lunch if you want. The bummer with the Go Pro is you can't tell if you even had it pointed correctly until you get home.

    What I was really after was the binding/board mount you were working on? Maybe I am confusing someone else's mount?

    Thanks again, really nice job.
    The sanyo is just a typical camcorder. The screen flips out. When I'm filming, I open it, flip the screen 180 degrees and then close it again. I do a test recording with the helmet on my head and take it off to review what I shot to confirm it is pointed in the correct direction. The gopro mount is something fin created to attach to the Bomber binding. It is the device used in Fin's clip here: http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulleti...arch-15th-2012
    Sean Martin - president/founder
    Donek Snowboards Inc.
    smartin@donek.com
    www.donek.com
    phone:877-53-DONEK

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Watkins, CO
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by corey_dyck View Post
    http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/lcd-bacpac/
    It's not perfect, but it removes that problem. Pretty tiny screen, decreases battery life, and adds weight on the side of your helmet. I typically only use it to set the camera up and then leave it in a bag. When using the wide angle setting I just roughly point it by eye and it's good enough.

    http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories...-remote-combo/
    This looks cool if you're a smartphone user. I'd bet battery life will be sacrificed even more.
    Both those devices look pretty cool. Perhaps there's finally something that makes the gopro a semi usable device. They still need to make a case that tightens the angle of view. It's current viewing angle is too wide for safe use as a follow cam.
    Sean Martin - president/founder
    Donek Snowboards Inc.
    smartin@donek.com
    www.donek.com
    phone:877-53-DONEK

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    near Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    1,724
    The Hero2 has a selectable field of view. I agree about the original, I`ve had a couple of close calls with the original while doing chase cam stuff.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    356
    Can't say much about camera but so glad Mark Kress finally got himself helmet and like always fun to watch him surfing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueB View Post
    "Honney, some people collect stickers, some collect cars, some collect... girlfriends."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Watkins, CO
    Posts
    1,001
    I spent the day at A-basin with Mark Kress, Thedo Remelink, and Converse Fields. We're working on some new plate stuff that's really pushing the envelope. We will definitely be releasing some new plates next year. It's looking like there will be difference models for different applications and riding styles.
    Sean Martin - president/founder
    Donek Snowboards Inc.
    smartin@donek.com
    www.donek.com
    phone:877-53-DONEK

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Watkins, CO
    Posts
    1,001
    I'm headed to Mt Hood with Todd Brown tomorrow. We will be doing some final testing of the new plate technologies. We have 3 days there, so we should get some nice video footage.
    Sean Martin - president/founder
    Donek Snowboards Inc.
    smartin@donek.com
    www.donek.com
    phone:877-53-DONEK

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Watkins, CO
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Donek View Post
    I'm headed to Mt Hood with Todd Brown tomorrow. We will be doing some final testing of the new plate technologies. We have 3 days there, so we should get some nice video footage.
    What an awesome trip and we got some great video footage. I will edit it this weekend and post soon.
    Sean Martin - president/founder
    Donek Snowboards Inc.
    smartin@donek.com
    www.donek.com
    phone:877-53-DONEK

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pacific Northwest/ Portland Metro Area
    Posts
    7,165
    So cool to get to see you guys here in Portland. Thanks for taking the time to come and visit with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donek View Post
    What an awesome trip and we got some great video footage. I will edit it this weekend and post soon.
    http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulleti...mer-2012/page2

    Blow by blow of the Timberline trip

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Watkins, CO
    Posts
    1,001
    I've just finished the latest video on our testing trip to Mt Hood.
    Sean Martin - president/founder
    Donek Snowboards Inc.
    smartin@donek.com
    www.donek.com
    phone:877-53-DONEK

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pacific Northwest/ Portland Metro Area
    Posts
    7,165
    Nice

    Job

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    988
    Ah crap you can't do this to me. My season just ended on Saturday, and now I'm all excited for next season already!
    "At one point I was seeing my bootfitter so much my wife was begining to think I was having an affair with him."

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Sutton, MA
    Posts
    1,487
    Wow, Sean you had some nice air in the park, just make sure your builder doesn't know about it, he'll void your warranty

    Thanks for the video update, can't wait to see and try your new Mono-plate system.

    Nice work!
    Last edited by GeoffV; May 25th, 2012 at 06:45 AM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    near Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    1,724
    'Constrained hinge' - interesting! If I'm understanding properly, that's similar to what Tinkler did with his adjustable stops just behind the front binding on his plate, but his push directly on the board.

    It's staggering how much development is happening with plates! I'm highly interested in going part-way between the fully-isolated feeling of a plate and the 'naked' feeling of bindings right on a board. The isolation from bumps/ripples is awesome, but so is very fine board control and some feedback as to what's going on down there.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    539

    this plate's for you

    Quote Originally Posted by corey_dyck View Post
    'Constrained hinge' - interesting! If I'm understanding properly, that's similar to what Tinkler did with his adjustable stops just behind the front binding on his plate, but his push directly on the board.

    It's staggering how much development is happening with plates! I'm highly interested in going part-way between the fully-isolated feeling of a plate and the 'naked' feeling of bindings right on a board. The isolation from bumps/ripples is awesome, but so is very fine board control and some feedback as to what's going on down there.
    Corey,

    If you are looking for the inbetween, this plate is for you. 90% of the benefit of an axel based system, but with all the feel of a naked board. I actually had to do 2 runs without the plate just to prove to myself that it was doing something (and trust me, it is).

    You NEED one of these. I was on the fence about plates, until I rode this one. I have no intent of riding with out a plate at all next year.
    ~tb

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    423
    Nice work, Sean. Thanks for the update.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,274
    Thats some hard groom! Great work Sean and Todd.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Watkins, CO
    Posts
    1,001
    I just sent out our latest newsletter. If you didn't get one, you can view it here:

    http://myemail.constantcontact.com/N...id=EDqGySltKZQ
    Sean Martin - president/founder
    Donek Snowboards Inc.
    smartin@donek.com
    www.donek.com
    phone:877-53-DONEK

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Watkins, CO
    Posts
    1,001
    This is a little update on what We've been doing this summer.
    Sean Martin - president/founder
    Donek Snowboards Inc.
    smartin@donek.com
    www.donek.com
    phone:877-53-DONEK

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pacific Northwest/ Portland Metro Area
    Posts
    7,165
    Thanks Sean, very cool.

    Now lets see it GO!!! I want to see the dust/ptex fly!!

    Good info. Any chance you could grab that cute 18yr old girl next door and have her give the delivery message?
    Maybe catch her on a day she is in a bikini?? Sorry, did I say that out loud?

    Nicely done Sean!!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Watkins, CO
    Posts
    1,001
    There's actually no flying p-tex Brian. The drag knife just cuts the base material with a knife. The core cutting has a dust collector foot in the way, so you really don't see much. We try to keep that dust from flying around as much as possible. Core cutting and tapering is actually quite boring to watch as the cutter moves pretty slowly. Here's a video of the new drag knife in action though:


    Quote Originally Posted by www.oldsnowboards.com View Post
    Thanks Sean, very cool.

    Now lets see it GO!!! I want to see the dust/ptex fly!!

    Good info. Any chance you could grab that cute 18yr old girl next door and have her give the delivery message?
    Maybe catch her on a day she is in a bikini?? Sorry, did I say that out loud?

    Nicely done Sean!!
    Sean Martin - president/founder
    Donek Snowboards Inc.
    smartin@donek.com
    www.donek.com
    phone:877-53-DONEK

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    363

    Thumbs up Good stuff

    Sean, As usual.... good stuff. Like to see your equipment and processes. Batch production is tough especially for low production runs like custom snowboards. Nice ideas to increase your flexibility and improve the lead time. You must a have a lot of cool stuff in the works as you seem really amped for next season. Have good summer and thanks for keeping us updated!! Tom
    Last edited by Miltie; June 30th, 2012 at 09:44 PM. Reason: grammar

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Watkins, CO
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltie View Post
    Sean, As usual.... good stuff. Like to see your equipment and processes. Batch production is tough especially for low production runs like custom snowboards. Nice ideas to increase your flexibility and improve the lead time. You must a have a lot of cool stuff in the works as you seem really amped for next season. Have good summer and thanks for keeping us updated!! Tom
    When I bought the 2nd cnc, it was as a backup. While at SES, Kenny and I ate at Breckfast In America. As I watched the cook making hashbrowns, eggs, and many other things all at the same time, I though it would be really cool if we could do that. Within a few minutes I had this scheme lined out and have been dying to put it into action ever since. The next project is a cnc edge bender.
    Sean Martin - president/founder
    Donek Snowboards Inc.
    smartin@donek.com
    www.donek.com
    phone:877-53-DONEK

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Donek View Post
    The next project is a cnc edge bender.
    will this be another table-type device, or something more akin to a cold rolling mill?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •