Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: June Carvers Classic - SNES 2012 Official Thread

Add me to the list Neil!
    I'll bring my Madd 158 and my Kessler 180

PM sent Lance

Have fun everyone! Looks like a big turnout. Do some wheelies for me!

Lets pray for good weather, we have to please the weather God(s) or Mother Nature in any which way we can. Oh yes, ANY way.
    See you all at June. Remember 8.15 for the gear cart ride up.
    Bev already drove up with the boom box and gear. I am in Colorado as we speak, unfortunately for bizz.
    A great man once said; Do not eat the yellow snow, I repeat, do NOT eat the yellow snow!

Sounds like a great time with all the hardbooters there. Carve some turns for me!!
    I think I will spend more time on the carving stick, not sticks, this year.

Quote Originally Posted by oldvolvosrule View Post
    Sounds like a great time with all the hardbooters there. Carve some turns for me!!
    Aaron! I was bringing skis just for you!
    CODA Boards and Skis
    http://codaboards.com
    ----------------------
    Chad Houck
    chad@codaboards.com
    213-305-2360
    ----------------------
    Love the Mountain. Carve it Deep.
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mohouck View Post
    Aaron! I was bringing skis just for you!
    Thanks for looking out for me Chad. One of these years I will make one of these get togethers. Have fun rippin' some trenches in the corduroy!

I was actually thinking of bringing my ski boots and P02s just for s#!ts and giggles, particularly since we have the convenient gear transport/storage overnight. I'd be interested in trying out your skis (with my meager ski skills) if you do decide to bring them up.

Anyone have a reliable weather forecast, or is that an oxymoron, anyhow heard recently rain may be coming in on Saturday, I have only been to Mammoth once and seen rain rather than snow, which was a week and a half ago. Needless to say I am doin the snow dance and hoping for the same.

D
    "High moral principles only mean something if you stick to them when they are inconvenient"

Yeah, the NOAA forecast is usually the one to follow. We'll likely get only a dusting on Saturday during the day (still prime carving), but there might be a little fresh for us on Sunday.
    Last edited by nekdut; March 21st, 2012 at 10:37 PM.

Lodging and carpool arranged! Awesome. See you all bright and early Saturday!
    "The older I get, the better I was" Old Guys Rule...

Quote Originally Posted by slopestar View Post
    Lodging and carpool arranged! Awesome. See you all bright and early Saturday!
    Awesome Lance! See you soon.

I unfortunately can't make it this year. Hope you guys have an awesome time at June!
    "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them" -Albert Einstein

Snes 2012

Depending on how things go at work on friday, I'm planning to show on saturday.

Just getting my annual post in. See you guys 'n gals there!

We will see everyone there! I am bringing a girlfriend and hope to get her carving!

So psyched to go. So was my cat...He decided to check out permanently tonight. Died instantly/heart attack. Definitely need camaraderie and some deep carves.
    RIP ORNG cat. See ya at rainbow bridge...

What up, saw this post and was pleased to see that there were some other carving folk from Santa Barbara. May really have to consider going to June for the shindig Saturday hmmm, hope the weather does not get soggy.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowNBeachAddict View Post
    Neil,
    I just heard from Thomas in Santa Barbara and he indicated he will be coming up with Terry and Frank....but they won't arrive til mid day Saturday (Terry and Frank like to sleep in)
    "High moral principles only mean something if you stick to them when they are inconvenient"

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    What up, saw this post and was pleased to see that there were some other carving folk from Santa Barbara. May really have to consider going to June for the shindig Saturday hmmm, hope the weather does not get soggy.
    Come on up! Regardless of the weather we will have some fun!

Good morning all!

Woke up this morning and looked outside; we had some dusting overnight here in Mammoth. So nice. Curious to see the quality of the run tomorrow in June. Should be good. Lets hope for cold temps and a tiny bit of sun shine for our event.
    A great man once said; Do not eat the yellow snow, I repeat, do NOT eat the yellow snow!

I am in for Saturday, rode a few hours this morning at Mammoth and the snow was great! The visibility then went flat and the crowds exploded so I called it a day. Fingers crossed for tomorrow, look forward to meeting some fellow Samurai regardless of the weather.

D

Rode June today. Layer of soft over some crunchier stuff. Tomorrow will be great snow, but looks like it's gonna be windy. Snow due by noon on Sunday.

-- Greg

Looking at the radar picture you guys better get lots of carving in today as tomorrow looks like a whole different set of conditions!

Have fun up there, wish I could have been there with you all.

My Fellow Samurai,

My sincere thanks to all. The special treatment we received and the camaraderie were overwhelming. Please consider me in for all future summit meetings whenever possible where I will continue to be humbled by some seriously skilled craftsmen/women.

Regards,

Darren

Great Day! Sorry you won't be up tomorrow. Really fun time to say the least

Hi all,

I just wanted to thank everybody for showing up for SNES this weekend!!! All the props go to Neil and the June crew for making this day happen, again.
    It was a pleasure seeing you all again and getting to know some new people.
    Big-D, it was a pleasure carving it up with you i the morning hours.
    Chad, thank you for giving me the opportunity to kill myself on the Skwall. My butt and thigh muscles are still sore from dealing with the G-forces whilst standing in very awkward position, at first. I think I really nailed the technique in the end. Your boards are tha bomb. Hope to see ya soon and carve it up. I will baby "the loaner" in the meantime.

I am sorry that I did not come on Sunday. Bev and I had guests staying with us, so my arm got twisted to spend some time with them.

I did not make a lot of pics, but I am hyped to see what all you got.

Will be up in mammoth and June this weekend. Looking forward to go ride with any of you.

Wolfman,

You are a man of perseverance, in an hour you made the Skwal look easy. Nicely done. Great riding with you also. I am newly motivated having experienced June once more after a 24 year hiatus ha. My thanks to all those who encouraged me to make the trip it will not be forgotten. Hope to make it up at least one more time...or two

D

Thanks to the June Crew and Neil for a fun weekend. Was good to see some old friends and met some new ones.

My wife and kids also had fun. My son even wrote in his school journal that he got stuck in someone’s line (i.e. rut) on Gunsmoke while straight-lining a side-slip and crashed.

Thanks again to everyone!! Wish this season was a bit longer.

Take care, Tom

what everybody else already said
    it was great seeing some old friends and make some new ones, it was fun riding with everybody
    many thanks to Neil, Erick and the June Mountain Crew for making us feel welcome and mid day grooming
    and for those of you who didn't make it to Giovanni Saturday night you missed out, we had a great time and Coda Boards picked up the tab, thanks Chad
    I know I'm not an "awesome carver" but I feel "awesome" when I'm carving

Great times for sure. Hanging out with you all was the best. I had such a great time. I hope to get up at least a day before the season is over but that will probably have to be Mt High. Nice to ride and hang with such great people. I had a smile on my face the entire time. I think watching all the individual styles was awesome to see. Flying down Matterhorn with George and Gunsmoke on Saturday afternoon was absolutely memorable. I hope to attend any and all future CCC events.

Do any of the attendees of the JCC have any pics or video they can share?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information