Thread: June Report

Hybrid View

June Report

Was up at June over the weekend. Conditions were better than expected. Snow received last week helped a lot. There were a few alpine riders up there both days. Glad to see others on the hill and some decent conditions. More snow expected this week.

Thanks for the update Tom. I'm hoping to head up to Mammoth/June in the next week or two.
    "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them" -Albert Einstein

Great to hear Tom. Are both Deer Bowl and Schatzi fully covered and open at this point? I'm probably heading up this weekend myself.

Quote Originally Posted by nekdut View Post
    Great to hear Tom. Are both Deer Bowl and Schatzi fully covered and open at this point? I'm probably heading up this weekend myself.
    Hi Neil,
    I don't think they can groom Deer Bowl for the rest of the season ... there are still tree tops poking through the snow, but it is open. Half the ridge on Schatzi is still dirt, but the run is open and groomed and you can cut in on the left side going downhill.

- Thomas

Hmm, that's too bad. Sounds to be about the same then. I was hoping for at least improved conditions on Schatzi, it was way too rocky and poorly covered last time. I didn't expect much for Deer Bowl though.

Sounds about the same as when I was there a week ago. Gunsmoke and was still good but it was closed both Sat and Sun for racing clinics until 3pm . I think I will go to Mammoth this weekend.
    tim
    "I'm a carver not a snowboarder"

Thread Information