Thread: Tiehack R.I.P

Unhappy Tiehack R.I.P

So Iīm back in Aspen and took the new highspeed lift after cruisin down Buckskin. On the lift up I cross Tiehack Trail. My alltime favourite slope. Sometimes during stays I must have done 40% of my riding here. So what do I see? They have ****ed it up totally. After the drop we call waterfall there is a banking on the right which had an opposite banking this was sooo perfect to crank turns against. Now they have bulldozed it! This afternoon has been a sad day for me. Aspen Skico has stolen my slope.

Here's a video in rememberance of days gone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4yh2Z7QNmU

They didn't regrade anything. We just haven't had a ton of snow this year.
    Bring on the snow!!

I didn't notice any major changes. Just the ability to crank off a ton more runs each day, and park within 50 yards of the lift. Thumbs up on the new lift in my book.
    Fresh snow is like fresh bread; it's only fresh for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mats View Post
    So Iīm back in Aspen and took the new highspeed lift after cruisin down Buckskin. On the lift up I cross Tiehack Trail. My alltime favourite slope. Sometimes during stays I must have done 40% of my riding here. So what do I see? They have ****ed it up totally. After the drop we call waterfall there is a banking on the right which had an opposite banking this was sooo perfect to crank turns against. Now they have bulldozed it! This afternoon has been a sad day for me. Aspen Skico has stolen my slope.

Here's a video in rememberance of days gone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4yh2Z7QNmU
    I have fallen victim this in the past. Being an east coaster that goes out west once or twice a year, I have mistakenly thought the same as Mats. Kirkwood, most memorably. Didn't even look like the same place one early March to the next.
    Davekempmeister

There is a tower missing...

Milkland was beutiful today! Not a lot of traffic. And Sterner was a blast. Back at the hotel I logged in and saw some posts in this thread. Hereīs my two centīs:

Well guys, you may be right. And you may be wrong. Fact is - the bank on the right is earth and itīs still there. The bank thats missing on the left is gone. Everything else is as before. One of the towers on Tiehack trail is gone and earth has been moved. How can I be sure about this? I have done more than a couple of turns against the banking very near the tower of the old lift.
    Check the pictures and you can see that there is one tower missing in the trail (the one behind the carver). The first is from 2007 and the other from 2012 = tower missing and earth moved.
    Name:  Bild 110.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  10.3 KB
    Name:  Bild 114.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  32.7 KB

Bank or no bank?

Milkland was beutiful today! Not a lot of traffic. And Sterner was a blast. Back at the hotel I logged in and saw some posts in this thread. Hereīs my two centīs:

Well guys, you may be right. And you may be wrong. Fact is - the bank on the right is earth and itīs still there. The bank thats missing on the left is gone. Everything else is as before. One of the towers on Tiehack trail is gone and earth has been moved. How can I be sure about this? I have done more than a couple of turns against the banking very near the tower of the old lift.
    Check the pictures and you can see that there is one tower missing in the trail (the one behind the carver). The first is from 2007 and the other from 2012 = tower missing and earth moved.
    Name:  Bild 110.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  10.3 KB
    Name:  Bild 114.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  32.7 KB
    Great to see you here riding! Nothing stays the same, Buttermilk is not the place it once was but that changed happened long before you started riding her. Change is good, the bank is gone (I told you I thought that it was still there but who really cares). Gone also is the alley on Blacks, the waterfall line on Horseshoe, the powder lines on the old lift line on the westside, crowded with carvers, powder thought to be gone early and on and on and on. The Milk still has perfect days, just different perfect days.

Right Bob!

Just FYI Mats, I hiked that area all summer long and the earth still remains the same. Find another bank to rip a railing turn on, they are all over the place! Love the place for what it is, love it for what it was.

Send me that song bro!

Smile in the Beginning as well as Today

Perfect Groom and No Crowds... Track No Lie and First Track today was again special

Name:  420210_10150721501401663_351965506662_11514612_461662151_n.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  86.5 KB
    but of course, I use the Pseudomorph Style of Snowboarding

Quote Originally Posted by softbootsailer View Post
    Perfect Groom and No Crowds... Track No Lie and First Track today was again special

Name:  420210_10150721501401663_351965506662_11514612_461662151_n.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  86.5 KB
    Have you tried a wider board or higher angles to help with that toe drag (or is it heel?).

Perhaps Softbootsailer was... err... not on a carving board...

Smile Like I said...

Gone ? ...There is Still Dry Snow, Perfect Groooom and Zero Crowds

8:48 A M this Morning

Name:  Milk-Today.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  63.9 KB

Stoke is all there is!

The president's week sort of bummed me more than I thought. People everywhere.

Milk is still great . The last couple of days was fantastic! Not a single person on the hill in the morning. Sorry for being grumpy.

Aloha to ya all brother in milkland!

Thumbs up Stoke

Stoke is all there is!

The president's week sort of bummed me more than I thought. People everywhere.

Milk is still great . The last couple of days was fantastic! Not a single person on the hill in the morning. Sorry for being grumpy.

Aloha to ya all brother in milkland!

Aloha Mats ... see ya next year

Thread Information