Thread: Catek Bail technical question

Question Catek Bail technical question

I was just taking a close look at my Catek Heel bails on the various standard bindings (OS1/OS2), and noticed that I have two different styles of heel bail. One is slightly wider than the other (about the width of the bail), and the curvature of the bail on the larger one has a wider radius.

I note also, that the new SI nose bails that I have recently purchased from Catek look identical to the narrower heel bails on my bindings.

Anyone know if Catek switched to a narrower heel bail on later bindings. Oddly enough I have a mix of both styles, and an odd number of each - I guess that's what you get from buying used equipment :-).

Just curious really. I'll be relegating the heel bails to a box anyhow (I'll keep them in case I ever decide to sell the bindings).

Quote Originally Posted by scrutton View Post
    Anyone know if Catek switched to a narrower heel bail on later bindings.
    I should just google this stuff before I post it.

http://www.catek.com/seo/products.htm

What's New:
    Infinite, repeatable angle adjustments (no more 3 increments)
    Zero-wear stainless steel tilt cups (no divots, no disc marring, just bomb-proof tilt screw engagement)
    Kingpin/Spherical nut o-ring lock system keeps the system tight on the gnarliest high vibration snow surfaces
    New & improved heel bail profile for optimized boot fit

Thread Information