Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SkES 2012 Daily Rub In!

Stoked!

You 2Ravens are a Special and Wonderful Spirit... Thank You
    but of course, I use the Pseudomorph Style of Snowboarding

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!! That was freakin awesome

And I am happy to say that MudFlap Guy's identical twin adorns my roof box. I travel with royalty! I'm so stoked!!
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Pusbag View Post
    Great job with the fun intertaining and silly posts with the games at SKES ! In honor of fun for all we will be playing by SKES rules for feb 26th at our carve event N.I.C.E. (North Idaho Carve Event). Will print out the rules for everyone there and let the games begin. P.S. You are all welcome to our event too. Russ 208-290-8023 northidahocarveevent@hotmail.com
    Ha ha!!!! Hope you guys have fun! Of course, this rule book was written with Snow King carvers in mind - you guys might have to tweak the rules a bit. And I keep thinking of more point-earning opportunities every day - too late to make the published version though. Work in progress!

My Sweetie suggested that the awards ceremony should have included lots of naked jumping up and down.... Maybe you guys would want to include that in your event....?? Please post video!

Wish I could come up for N.I.C.E. but not a chance this year... But do you need some gnomes? They might be able to make room in their schedules!
    'It's not every day that's a blessing. Every breath is a blessing.' - Jimmy Zell

SBS, Casper, Allee - thanks for the kind words! Wheeeeee!!!!!!
    'It's not every day that's a blessing. Every breath is a blessing.' - Jimmy Zell

Thanks for the chuckles!!! Just TOO funny!
    I admit it, I'm addicted to this sport... and we have cookies!

Maybe you should get a write-up of this event in the next Carving mag, it's way ahead of the field.

Thanks for the report. The SkES is rad!

Brilliant work! Thanks again for the greatest thread of the year!

Cheers!!

Thoroughly enjoyed this thread while waiting for flight home from SES... Thanks, 2R!!!

Awesome job Kelly, but I didn't see any points for smokin a bowl .

Quote Originally Posted by digger jr View Post
    As a medical advocate here in Idaho big thumbs up ! Will have to add to the extra credit points since I am doing a schweitzer version of CNAR games 1 day during our NICE Event feb 20-26 2012.
    In Ruts We Trust

Great thread, Kelly. Love the judge's barrister wig.
    Fresh snow is like fresh bread; it's only fresh for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by digger jr View Post
    Yes, a serious omission! But it could be we have to write a special rule book just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pusbag View Post
    As a medical advocate here in Idaho big thumbs up ! Will have to add to the extra credit points since I am doing a schweitzer version of CNAR games 1 day during our NICE Event feb 20-26 2012.
    There may be more than one interpretation of "smokin a bowl".... But there certainly should be ECP's that fit each event! I've heard rumors of digger jr's antics in Copper Bowl - awaiting video....

Not that kind of bowl!

Ooohhh yea,

Sorry, Golly Pusbag, I didn't mean smoking that kind of bowl .

Loved this post.
    ďI'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who areĒ
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by OhD View Post
    Two_Ravens should be promoted from Alpine Ace. I'm not sure to what... Definitely a sense of humor that's out of the gutter and into the groove.

The floor is open for suggested honorary titles.
    Ha ha! Well, it's a nice thought - I do fear the Hardboot Wizard designation and I am exactly on track to incur the Cubicle Carver penalty...

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments! Glad you all had fun at SkES!!!

Ok, I need to quit posting now...

Quote Originally Posted by two_ravens View Post
    Thatís all folks! Hope you had as much fun as we did! We look forward to seeing all you rad carvers on the slopes somewhere down the road! Yeah, check us out!!!!!

Attachment 29480
    awesome. love this shot too. thx for the funnies.
    Quote Originally Posted by eajracing View Post
    ....just dont let it intimidate you..... long boards with big scr's smell fear and will hand you your ass if you let them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDogDave View Post
    but missing you here!!
    Definitely missed you, but we all know that you had serious responsibilities in keeping the SkES alive! nice job!
    Expert in particular carvers with special needs

Thanks for all the turns!

Goodbye Jackson. Goodbye Snow King. Goodbye SkES.....

Name:  IMG_5522.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  66.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5528.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  81.0 KB

Yup, that's SkES house loaded up on a trailer and ready to head out. I've been engaged in a family legal/inheritance dispute since December.....and guess who lost? Sigh....

So SkES house (my 500 square feet of paradise) is moving to Pinedale, WY - 80 miles from Snow King, which will still be the closest lift served riding. I'm really, really going to miss that 3 block commute to the chairlift.

With no home base in Jackson, I do not anticipate organizing any further carving events, so SkES 2012 will be the last installment. But who knows - maybe this will free me up to attend SES....? (Not sure how I'll fit in at a "real" event - but maybe I'll give it a try anyway.... )

So, thanks for all the fun. We had a good run in SkES world, didn't we? Cheers!

Thumbs up Vaya Con Dios, Two Ravens

SKES will really be missed. Your good humor is second to none! Looks like Snow King has survived the flames, however, and that's good news!

Hopefully, your posts will keep coming, too.

Still look forward to seeing you sometime on the SK steeps.

Good luck

BB

I'll miss reading about SkES. It was always better than shenanigans elsewhere. Best of luck this the move.

Dave
    "At one point I was seeing my bootfitter so much my wife was begining to think I was having an affair with him."

NJ Exit 3 (Over 3.00" of Powder Annually)

Thumbs up Good Luck

Wow, sorry to hear .

I dream of living in the mountains at some point, so I can't even begin to imagine how it must feel to leave a place you love. Good Luck with the move.
    I'm sure many will miss the SKES write-ups, and I'm sure (Not sure how I'll fit in at a "real" event - but maybe I'll give it a try anyway.... ) you will fit in at any event !!
    Don't tell me, "Show Me"
    765 grams = 1.6865 lbs. or 26.985 oz.

I've heard of splits where someone 'loses the house', but it's not usually so literal! Bummer to hear, but keep your chin up. Sometimes things that seem bad at the time really do change your life for the better after a short while. New opportunities, a way to reinvent yourself, etc.

80 miles isn't bad. I've got 135 miles to a 350' vertical hill, and 260 miles to a 500' hill. You've got it good!

Weren't you at SES a few years ago? I think we met, you were on a pink Donek. Maybe I'm getting you confused with someone else...
    Corey

You'll have to attend SES again this year. Maybe you can apply your perspective to that event. I'm sure that Aspen can't keep up with the fast paced night life at Snow King but with the right perspective, who knows?

Too bad about losing your digs.

Holy crap! When you move, you really move. Hope the new spot treats you well.
    Quote Originally Posted by eajracing View Post
    ....just dont let it intimidate you..... long boards with big scr's smell fear and will hand you your ass if you let them.

that gives new meaning to a 5th wheel trailer! SkES will definitely be missed, but the SES could use you here! 80 miles isn't so bad, now you're like a front ranger!

Best of luck two_raves. sending you lots of good vibes.

Thanks for all the encouraging words! We have a great community here. I built nearly my entire adult life on the Jackson landscape so leaving is rough - even if it's only 80 miles. That's just a whole different feeling from stepping out my door right into paradise... Rabbit (the dog) however absolutely loves our new digs - as an older dog she was doing pretty well, but really slowed down the last year. But now having a nice fenced acre (my dad's property) where she can run around and chase rabbits and squirrels and have tons of fun stuff to sniff, I swear has rolled at least 2 years off her age. She's bouncing around like I haven't seen her do in a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post

I'm sure many will miss the SKES write-ups, and I'm sure (Not sure how I'll fit in at a "real" event - but maybe I'll give it a try anyway.... ) you will fit in at any event !!
    Quote Originally Posted by corey_dyck View Post

80 miles isn't bad. I've got 135 miles to a 350' vertical hill, and 260 miles to a 500' hill. You've got it good!

Weren't you at SES a few years ago? I think we met, you were on a pink Donek. Maybe I'm getting you confused with someone else...
    I have been to SES twice - in '08 when I bought the pink Donek, and again in '11 when I was riding a blue flame Coiler. Just afraid the 'cooler online' principle might apply. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6iAjEv9dQ

Yeah, Corey - I've been totally spoiled. I don't know how you guys with the mega commutes do it. Don't think I ever would have learned how to carve if I'd had to travel that far.

OK, back to the 'real' world.... Got the house off the property, but it's just hanging out at the rodeo grounds in Jackson. We still have to move it the 80 miles to Pinedale, which we are aiming to do this Sunday. Two river canyons, one poorly designed round-a-bout, several construction zones and a medium sized mountain pass to go. Wish us luck.....

Glad to hear Rabbit is loving her new place! My dogs would be equally as excited to have that space to run around.

Keep us posted! Sounds like you have a big adventure ahead of you on Sunday, and beyond! LOL Good luck girl! Hoping for good weather for you guys on Sun!

I have been to SES twice - in '08 when I bought the pink Donek, and again in '11 when I was riding a blue flame Coiler. Just afraid the 'cooler online' principle might apply.
    How could I forget the outfits changing every day? I didn't know there were that many 80's one-piece suits still in wearable shape! LOL! There's room for all kinds of characters at the events. Goodness knows there's a wide sampling of personalities! I've met lots of cool people at SES, and very few jerks like Fin.

I don't know how you guys with the mega commutes do it. Don't think I ever would have learned how to carve if I'd had to travel that far.
    It's the opposite out here. Few people, even fewer river valleys tall enough to snowboard/ski down. I also question why I do it, but yet I'm reading about snowboarding in the summer/fall so I guess I'll stick with it.

Good luck out there! Look for positives to the new location and you'll find them.
    Corey

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information