Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bomber Launches new Website!

Bomber Launches new Website!

OK, sorry for the up and down today with the site everyone. But we just spent the day launching the news site and it looks great! This was along time coming and a pile of work on our side but it needed to happen.

As always, we invite anyone to submit articles and content to us as this is a community site. No promise we'll publish, but like to see more input from you guys.

Please take a look and tell us what you think, good and bad. And if you spot any bugs or something not right please let us know.
    Fin

==============================
    Bomber Industries, Inc
    Email: fin@bomberonline.com
    129 W. 10th St. Unit A
    P.O. Box 1667, Silverthorne, CO, 80498
    970/513-7733 Fax: 970/513-7833
    www.bomberonline.com
    ==============================

There were some hiccups at first but I like the new website.

Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    OK, sorry for the up and down today with the site everyone. But we just spent the day launching the news site and it looks great! This was along time coming and a pile of work on our side but it needed to happen.

As always, we invite anyone to submit articles and content to us as this is a community site. No promise we'll publish, but like to see more input from you guys.

Please take a look and tell us what you think, good and bad. And if you spot any bugs or something not right please let us know.

Congratulations on the new site... itīs a charme... a 10 Years leap forward...

Iīll be sharp and testing tomorrow

Edit: what do you mean with: "No promise we'll publish, ...... " are posting rules changed?
    Last edited by 0815-fahrer; January 13th, 2012 at 04:02 PM.

Decadency is, to have a Pogo as a "bad weather board"

NICE!
    good work!

Thumbs up Looks great!

Easy on the eyes and good first impression when seeing the front page.Nice.

Nice Job!
    Although in picture #2 it looks like anybody could look that good on such Hero Snow .

Nice clean modern looking layout, a lot less cluttered/busy. Well done!
    27 years teaching snowboarding....still going strong!
    Martin Drayton.
    http://www.geckodecks.com/
    Concrete & Snow...
    TEAM HEADBLADE

The shopping cart is now much more tempting...

Untracked Cord

Fin,
    Nice looking home page, especially that guy ripping up that untracked cord! He must be a Hero...
    McDougall
    I just make it look easy...

Somethings fishy.... Who's that old fart in the second picture on the home page?

My only feedback.... the site needs more Trent.
    Rippin' with rednecks down in Possum's Pouch.... SkiNC

bomber rules

the old site was looking/feeling,,, well, old.
    The new home page is way friendlier and more inviting, much better for luring the masses over to the dark side
    The whys and how tos (articles) are more prominent and everything seems more intuitive.
    Active threads on the home page was a great move.
    Kudos Fin
    Last edited by b0ardski; January 14th, 2012 at 05:09 AM.
    N.I.C.E. at Schwietzer
    metal binders, plastic boots, powder snow, vive la glisse
    "
    Any cat can make cord. Only God can make powder." John E

Nice job

I like it...especially since there's much more white in the backgrounds...looks brighter and, well, snowier Don't forget to change the BOL tag line on the forum page to match the one on the home page

Congrats!

Love the new layout! Good work!!
    Life is riding; everything else is waiting.

Thumbs up Strong!

Fin and Michelle, Nice new site! Like the updates. The Store functions including "shopping bag" and "continue shopping" are much improved. Thanks for your hard work and keeping the stoke for Apline riding alive. You guys rule! Tom

The shopping cart was a big part of it, and a huge upgrade. I also like the groomer background - makes it feel more like a carving site than a shopping site.

Like Fin said we're still working out the bugs so please bear with us if something doesn't work properly, or there's a mistake on your order. It will take a little while to realize all of them.

Thanks for your continued support! Carve on!
    Expert in particular carvers with special needs

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    The shopping cart was a big part of it, and a huge upgrade. I also like the groomer background - makes it feel more like a carving site than a shopping site.

Like Fin said we're still working out the bugs so please bear with us if something doesn't work properly, or there's a mistake on your order. It will take a little while to realize all of them.

Thanks for your continued support! Carve on!
    All in all, I love the new site. I am not a huge fan of the Comic Sans font used on the main navigation buttons.... but everything else is right on.

Obviously you still need a link back to the commercial site that sits at the top of the forums. Pretty sure that was always there, cuz it's always been real easy to go drool over the TD3 or SW or .......

Anyway. When is this forum going to get "Like" buttons?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by eajracing View Post
    ....just dont let it intimidate you..... long boards with big scr's smell fear and will hand you your ass if you let them.

NJ Exit 3 (Over 3.00" of Powder Annually)

I guess I'm

just an Old Fart that shuns change (took 6 years to figure out the old board, and only knew 1/2 of it) but I'll try to navigate as I'm sure it is a change for the better.

It looks like I am in the minority, but to me the colors all seem to blend (not enough Pop) specially the light blue.
    I miss the italic and bold options for messages, I thought they were here the other day and I see others have used them, can't get the smileys to work either, duh ?

Love the Groom, that will be my next custom Topsheet ! 2 Days to SES (and a fresh batch on the way) but who's counting ? - jp1
    Don't tell me, "Show Me"
    765 grams = 1.6865 lbs. or 26.985 oz.

I would have commented in the new forum launch thread but that has since been locked.

In-line links and attachments no longer open in a new tab and/or window like they used to by default, but now open in the same tab as the forum messages. Can the old functionality be retained?

Looking on the main bomber site store for fintech heels. I can find all the parts listed separately but the heels aren't under boots or accessories or....

FYI.
    ....just dont let it intimidate you..... long boards with big scr's smell fear and will hand you your ass if you let them.

They are under Binding Accessories

http://bomberonline.3dcartstores.com...ries_c_25.html

I know it will take a little while for people to find stuff, but hopefully this is a better organization than before.
    Expert in particular carvers with special needs

Never would of thought to look under binding accessories. Maybe they should be listed under Boot Accessories too???

Couple items:

Forum

When attempting to "unsubscribe" from a notice email I get this message.

not sure , but it looks like a conflict with comcast? I changed a few things in the line for security.
    Last edited by www.oldsnowboards.com; February 3rd, 2012 at 04:18 PM.

Very possible it's me, but is the search function having problems on the new site?
    If I search in for-sale for 'catek', I get 12 results back to 2003. That just can't be
    Searching for BTS in the whole site gets me 0 hits... that may have always been a limitation (3 chars?), I can't say.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartshopper View Post
    Very possible it's me, but is the search function having problems on the new site?
    If I search in for-sale for 'catek', I get 12 results back to 2003. That just can't be
    Searching for BTS in the whole site gets me 0 hits... that may have always been a limitation (3 chars?), I can't say.
    Yes search mechanism sucks. You also now can't specify particular forums to search on eg 'Classifieds' like you used to be able to.

I concur with the search feature having lost all sensibility from the old style. For example, I just searched "Volkl" and 7 recent threads popped up and the rest are 2003 and later. Also, more importantly and directly related to Bomber, I searched "TD2" and NOTHING came up... Im no IT guy but that cant be right... or good.
    Evan
    Spokane

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/ link from SES page is a broken link.

Links to get back to store or main site from Forum?

Bomberonline link at the bottom right of this page = broken link.

Obviously, I'm thankful for Bomber, and all the work you folks do. Not to complain, but I was just wondering if the issue with the search function, or missing posts, is going to be looked into. If not, that's fine, it's just that there was a lot of great information that is no longer available.

Patience Keyser. Pretty sure the Bomber boys and girls are rather busy this week. They should be back at the grindstone on Monday or so and start taking care of those who didn't make it to Aspen shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
    Patience Keyser.
    Oh, sorry, I didn't mean I expected it to be done anytime soon. I just wanted to mention, as feedback, that I thought it would be something worth looking into. I haven't actually visited Bomber in a little while, so this is the first time I see all of the changes.

Broken link on 'Practice Drills' tech article page

Fin and crew, congrats and nice job on the updated site!

I just noticed while rereading some of the tech articles there's a broken link on the Practice Drills page. Under the Triple turns drill there's a description of *Cross-under with a broken link to another article:

*Cross-under turns are described in this article. The picture to the left shows a nice sequence of a cross-through turn, which blends cross-over and cross-under techniques. The rider is low in the carve, then rises up only enough to bring the knees up and flick the board onto the new edge. The board crosses under the hips while the hips cross over the board - hence "cross-through". Smooth.
    The article links to:

which doesn't exist. I think the correct link should probably be:

Keep it up and a big THANK YOU to all your hard work!

-Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information