Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ottawa 2011/12

I spy with my little eye something starting with the letter "s" and it is soft and fluffy! Lets hope it keeps up and stays fresh for tomorrow.
    A demain.

Sitting here and my mind is racing with all the "S" words that I could use to completely derail that post.....LOL
    Fat guys heart step-ins.

What everyone's carving schedule this weekend? Any days or nights? Calabogie perhaps?

Anyone go out last night in the rain?

^ Yeah man, Cascades last night was very good. It was snowing up there, although the snow did get us pretty wet. It was quieter than usual after all of the buses left at 7:30pm. Chris, Tabby, and I were all out.

I'm up for Calabogie/MSM on Sunday, and then probably another two days during the week. Monday is family day, so I suggest skipping that one. Is Deb up for her first carving lesson next week?

Ian

Vorlage tomorrow morning.
    Fat guys heart step-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by CaRtharsis View Post
    Vorlage tomorrow morning.
    I might see you there, feeling slightly under the weather. If I'm going I'll be there for first lift on the far double...and no, I'm not talking bunny hill

FYI I have a couple $10 off day passes which are normally $35...so $25
    Last edited by Hilux; February 17th, 2012 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian M View Post
    I'm up for Calabogie/MSM on Sunday, and then probably another two days during the week. Monday is family day, so I suggest skipping that one. Is Deb up for her first carving lesson next week?
    Ian
    I'd be up for Calabogie over MSM only b/c I haven't been there yet this year...but I might be able to be persuaded otherwise. I'll check the conditions of each...

Side note; does anyone know where to get cable locks in town? I suppose my combo bike lock would work but need something that also works with skis.

^ I need a cable lock too. I was going to look for one on Monday.

Yeah, yeah! Calabogie on Sunday XD Sort out travel plans tonight?

Cheers

Anyone up for 5:30ish at Cascades tomorrow?

Calabogie on Saturday?

Cheers

tempted by the idea of a Saturday excursion ...

Wow... I got off work at 2pm today and was on the hill at 3! It's unreal how empty Cascades is until 4:30 or 5. Great 'snice', (snow w ice underneath) and having such a chill environment with no pylons or spectators really helped me to get in a good focused groove. Note to self - customize work schedule more often!

It is snowing big fat fluffy flakes! Environment Canada just changed its rain prediction over the next two days to snow! Happy snow days.
    Last edited by Tabatha; February 23rd, 2012 at 07:25 AM.

So it is no Stratton, but I am going to be at Vorlage tonight ... before the rain starts later this week. Open invitation to anyone who feels a few runs might be just what the doctor ordered to help with the come-down from ECES.

Just as an FYI - Vorlage has moved to their "spring schedule" already which means that night skiing ends next week. You may wish to check your night passes as well. This also means that the night passes are now good on weeneds during the day.

Last night the conditions were not that bad. Very first and slow, a nice quiet night working on body position and just enjoying being outside after a few days off the board. Anyone up for Thursday night?

I'm off until Friday, when I'll ride at Calabogie with my parents. Thanks though!

A new board is in the works - I'm on Bruce's list for a 177cm Nirvana for late summer XD. Stoked! It'll be my first board with a custom topsheet, too.

Nice choice Ian, a bit curious, please, tell me more about specs.
    Last edited by nitros; March 7th, 2012 at 03:01 PM.

Hi nitros! Please remind me of your real name again?

The Nirvana is basically the new Stubby. Same flex profile - stiffer in the tip and tail, softer in the middle. It has variable side-cut though, where the Stubby was single radius. They ride very similarly... I find both to be really stable, comfortable boards that you can also crank the s*$@ out of. Bruce is offering two levels of taper (8 or 16mm), and had the following versions available for demo at ECES:

• 174cm, 12/14m VSR, 8mm taper
    • 177cm, 12/14m VSR, 16mm taper, 21cm waist
    • 182cm, 13.5/15 VSR, 6mm taper

I only rode the 177, and it was wicked. I just have to choose which taper to get, and decide on a 20 or 21cm waist. Chris preferred the EC (EuroCarve) board, which is the same flex profile, but has a much longer single radius sidecut in a small package... I think 15m for the 168cm.

There are a few of us headed up to Tremblant this Sunday if any of the Mont Blanc crowd are interested in a change in scenery We have some tickets to use up!

Cheers,

Ian

I received mine last week, was a bit cool feet to ride a long board with a large SCut. Two weeks only between order and reception. Bruce has been really fast on that one. Just before eces he develop also a Nirvana FC VSR with three radii. He proposed me a weird combinaison, 12.7m on tail, 15m mid and 14m on tail and to bring it futher, I asked him and asym board. First feeling after two exits, not nervious than my AM but mega stable on each side and I realise, I can bend it easily, and shrink the T Radius. Love it. You can see the custom top sheet on thr QC side. Hope to try it again saturday and sunday at MBlanc ( my son has his ski lesson there ). Now here it's raining here ; ( . What 's the spec about you next Nirvana FC. Steve
    Last edited by nitros; March 8th, 2012 at 02:14 PM.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it, Steve! I'm going for the 177cm 12/14m version, probably 8mm taper. Very nice photo of your board I'll post graphics for mine once they come together.

Planning a trip to Tremblant Wednesday or Thursday. Anyone interested?
    Fat guys heart step-ins.

I am going to say it (please don't hate me) ... I think we might be done. I am watching the snow melt from my office window and realise that there is almost nothing left on either of my decks. Huston, we have a problem ... Winter 2011-2012 might be over

But it has been one heck of a season and we have had some great road trips, some stories, some new boards, lots of video, and (unfortunatly) a really bad injury. To share our stories, reminice and wonder what the summer and next Winter will bring (because it is NEVER to early to plan the next snowboard season) we should have an end of season closer. No bikes, no boards, just beer, BBQ and board-buddies.

Would people be interested in a season closer? Does the last weekend in March work for people? Let me know your preferences. Details to follow.

Nice try spring, but I am trying to stay optomistic

PS: Can't make it to Tremblant mid-week this week, but if things aren't too bad; still toying with one more Sunday trek down there if anyone is a) interested or b) has condition updates

Quote Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
    Would people be interested in a season closer? Does the last weekend in March work for people? Let me know your preferences. Details to follow.
    Yes. Deets?
    Fat guys heart step-ins.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information