Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Riding at Mountain Creek 2011/2012

Welcome, Ralph!
    I'll definitely be there Sunday morning and possibly Monday morning.

Ralph,

I will be there Thursday around 9:00am.
    ---

sup guys, it was awesome riding with you grobm, we really tore it up. we should all get together again soon, i can do that thursday morning run. remember its president's week at creek, so super busy!!
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    (")_(")

I expect to do early Sunday, hopefully Monday. We will see about Thursday, it's a lot to ask my wife to watch the kids that many days in one week.I find 8-1130 isn't that jammed, often quiet cuz the punks aren't up early.

I'm shooting for 8am Saturday and Sunday. Be are the gondola for opening. Hope to see other carvers out there. Be around from 8am until it gets packed....110:30-11.

Joe

Cafercr35,
    Thanks for taking care of business for me. The little bastard deserved it. I will be at north this Sunday around 7:45 (first chair). My nephew Kevin will be with me. I think I am going to take the Status 166 (last years board) out on Sunday. I heard it crying in my basement because I haven't ridden it in a while. I will throw the new one in the trunk as well. It sounds like a nice little group is forming. I hope so. It would be nice to make some turns with everyone. I know Voyta is sporting that long board so beware of mach 3 speeds. The again I am the slowest rider ever and everyone seems fast to me. Se you Sunday.

So you guys mostly carve on North? I've only done south, just under the impression North got full of families and beginners real quick. Also, I'm only carving about three season a and I currently have the most time on my 160 slalom Burton speed. I have a 68 volk Rt gs, but isn't that over kill for this small a resort?

Quote Originally Posted by rwbthedc View Post
    So you guys mostly carve on North? I've only done south, just under the impression North got full of families and beginners real quick. Also, I'm only carving about three season a and I currently have the most time on my 160 slalom Burton speed. I have a 68 volk Rt gs, but isn't that over kill for this small a resort?
    no way!! i ride the same exact board!!
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    (")_(")

Went to Hunter Mt. on friday and it was amazing. No lines conditions were good almost every trail was open. Didn't see any other hardbooters there. I went with my girlfriends brother who took video of us riding once I get it I will post it soon.

Was at creek yesterday with my uncle. He let me ride the madd 170. Boy what a difference that board is from my burton alp. The board turns on a dime and it seems like everything is a bit easier on this board. Look forward to riding it again.

I will probably be going to creek on Wednesday if anyone is around. Was going to try to go tomorrow but I am sure it is going to be a zoo with presidents weekend. If anyone is going let me know.

I obviously didn't make it out this morning...s$& t happened. Even more committed to getting up there tomorrow early. Anybody care to share how it was today?

sunday conditions

Quote Originally Posted by rwbthedc View Post
    I obviously didn't make it out this morning...s$& t happened. Even more committed to getting up there tomorrow early. Anybody care to share how it was today?
    jt, his two friends and myself hit the lift at 8 a.m. conditions were superb right off the bat. great cover, great carving, great visibility under the bluebird skies and tower #4 got looped a few times. zerog was good too. attacked sugar. it was all good.

then we went over to granite and that is a great way to escape the crowds as there is great carving to be had right off the lift onto Devil's bit (which resembles lower straightaway... ie; its a narrow but good carver.). and then you zoom into the hole at mach1, up and out, bank right and you had nice rollers to help the carves as you go back to the lift. I give it all big thumbs up.

I'll be at hunter tomorrow. enjoy the creek.
    Last edited by sic t 2; February 19th, 2012 at 12:45 PM.

Thank you very much for the detail. I hope it hold up for tomorrow am.

Mark, it was good to see you up there today even though it was so quick. I lost you then and since you said it was your last run I figured you left. I'm still thinking about the ECES. It would be nice, but next weekend is tight.
    It sucks I missed most of the guys there yesterday. I was there all morning, just couldn't find anyone. Hopefully next time.

well, I was going to the creek today (tues) but after boarding hunter yesterday I can't move today ! not hurt just so sore, as only 6.5 hours onslope at hunter can do you. btw, the conditions there are fantastic !! great cover too. Claires was great with that new high speed lift there (we were doing 10 minute cycles) there. GPS showed me at 49 mph on the left side of the Claire donut

anybody with a Android: download "Speedview". the free version.
    set it to run in "in background mode". check and reset it after every run. now go tuck ZeroG. the results may surprise you too !

cheers

Another great free app for gps enabled smartphones is "alpine replay." Tracks all kinds of great stats and compares your stats to other users on the mountain and overall for all users.

Voyta,
    Try to make it up to the ECES. I'm sure it will be a good time. I rode today (Tuesday 2/21/12) with my two kids. Conditions were excellent in the morning. Mountain Creek made snow Monday night and the snow was perfect in the morning. We stayed on the Sugar slope and made one run from the top. Conditions started to turn to sugar by noon or so. Crowds were much less on Tuesday then on Monday or Sunday. I will be riding tomorrow with Ken in the morning.

wed, feb22 report

Quote Originally Posted by jtslalom View Post
    Voyta,
    I will be riding tomorrow with Ken in the morning.
    got there at 9. cabriolet inoperative for no good reason; "wind", there was no wind. geezzz,, don't jerk us around mc !!

pretty stiff courduroy right off the bat. carveable, though. very peaceful, nobody on the hill (we were using triple lift).
    as temps climbed it softened, then it got perfect and then it got too soft. rode granite peak too. be careful where you ride, a lot of dirty snow and bedrock beginning to melt through. unless cold temps return winter is not long for this place. this weekend will probably be ugly unless they get a night they can blow snow; otherwise, rock boards required for sure !

Thanks for the update jtslalom. I will be on the hill tomorrow morning till 12:00. I will pack my rock board just in case.

Hope to do a few runs with Mike.
    ---

Had a fun time riding with Sict2 (Ken) this morning. It doesn't look to good for Mountain Creek though. As he said above, the conditions are starting to deteriorate. Grass is starting to show through. I won't be riding any of my Status boards there any more this year. It looks like I'll be riding my K2 Fatbob. Anyway bumps should start forming soon on Zero-G and Devils Bit. The next two days will be in the 50's so Friday and Saturday evenings will be prime for riding bumps. Forget about carving guys, unless you have your own tuning equipment or you don't care to much for your edges.

I'm excited for next week and the ECES. Joe, John, Dave and I will be rooming on Wednesday and Thursday night in Stratton. I have checked the temps for next week and everything looks perfect. We are suppose to get colder temps that will be prime for making snow at Stratton. Hope to see other local carvers up there.
    Last edited by jtslalom; February 22nd, 2012 at 04:35 PM.

2-3 inches of POW today anyone going to MT Creek or are we all writing it off till we see some good snow?
    ---

i will be up there in an hour or so, BUT I am merely working with my 4 and 6 year old. I will keep my eyes open for any hardbooters and if someone yells "Yo, Hardbooter!" It's me trying to introduce myself. Otherwise we will be playing dodge the grassy spots.

Any updates in the conditions at MC? May be in the area for work tues and wondering if it'd be worth it to pack a board.

There was still snow on Sunday. Some very thin parts that were highly traffic but granite was nice. That was all we did. I see it from the season pass perspective...how else could I enjoy this fun outside for just the cost of gas? And if you go to taco hombre after,a healthy dinner is cheap too.

Nice! I have to check out taco hombre. I might be on the mound on Wedsnesday (bad snow day) or Thrusday (if I can reschedule meetings).

Is the feeling generally that the mountain is getting worse or that they are going to close soon?

-Mark
    ---

I'll be at MC tomorrow(Tuesday) pretty much all day. Anyone else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8c-yMmBoH8

Here is some of the old video we did a few weeks ago. Yeah the guy spinning out on his @ss is me. :-)
    ---

dude. you gotta post that whole video up! it cuts off before my douchey turn in front of the camera!
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    (")_(")

JohnnyLo needs to post it. I only have two clips. :-)
    ---

Interest in meeting up this week? It's getting warmer, the snow is fading fast. Any interest in a meetup this week at MountainCreek? Or maybe we need to talk about a Hunter Mt. meetup?
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by grobm View Post
    Interest in meeting up this week? It's getting warmer, the snow is fading fast. Any interest in a meetup this week at MountainCreek? Or maybe we need to talk about a Hunter Mt. meetup?
    I may be doing Hunter mid-week. There today actually (sunday).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information