Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Riding at Mountain Creek 2011/2012

I went riding last night (Thurs 2/9/12) at MC. Conditions at south were not that good. I ended up only taking one run and then left. During that run at got sworn at twice and spit at from the chairlift. Alot of %&$hole kids. I went over to north and it was like night to day. Not only were the conditions pretty good but I was able to catch up with CarvingBassist (Mike), John and Matt. All of whom were ripping turns. It is so nice to ride behind guys that can carve great lines. I ended up riding for about 4 hours. All in all it was a great night.

Cool No, No, No South = Trash

Quote Originally Posted by jtslalom View Post
    Alot of %&$hole kids.
    Why South? South Mountain = ignorant skateboard kids that can only sit in front of a feature, hit/jib the feature and repeat. Most of them can not carve or even turn for that matter. South gets my goat because people get pissed when you try to actually be fluid down the terrain park. It's the "you cut the lunch line" mentality. To boot, they great really mad when you show them up and your twice their age. :-) or better yet your Burton Air is older then them. Side confession: I ride an Ardor Draft too.
    ---

During that run at got sworn at twice and spit at from the chairlift. Alot of %&$hole kids. I went over to north and it was like night to day.
    I would've made it my mission for the day to get them kicked off the mountain. I can't stand that BS.

During that run at got sworn at twice and spit at from the chairlift. Alot of %&$hole kids.
    that place can be vicious. learned my lesson there once.
    honestly, its a good idea to bring a weapon when you go there. at least a can of mace.

now if I go there I only travel at mach 1 (they like that).

how could you see someone spit at you from the chairlift

I was sitting down on the slope off to the side. I wasn't exactly under the lift but close enough to hear the kid hock a loogy at me. I stood up as soon as I heard him and moved to avoid the ball of flem. I just wish I was still full of piss and vinegar. I would have hiked back up the hill at record speed and waited for the kid to get off the lift and open a can off whoop hiney.

This is why Carvers need to be in packs. Like the Hell's Angle's motto "power in numbers". If you were with at least another Carver you have not experienced that. "Jib Punks" are really wimps and try to pick on the odd person out, because they are not liked at school.
    ---

Spitting at someone on a mountain is no different from spitting at someone on the street, it's still an assault. I would make sure it's treated accordingly. But gromb is right. Most of the time they turn into big pussies when confronted.

Riding next Wed or Thursday? Anyone else interested in a "Sick Day" and team up?

I will be Sick from Work next Wed or Thrus. Anyone interested in meeting up for a day of carving? I can bring a board or two to try out (everyone likes trying the F2 184cm).

I will be there when the lifts start (8:30-9:00). Till 2:30-3:30 in the afternoon.

Ping me via PM if you are interested.
    ---

I'd be up for meeting you guys at some point. I have a season pass to Mt Peter and have been riding there before work.

I'm living at the Great Gorge condos temporarily due to home damage. I can walk to the Granite lift from my door.

jt, sic t, carvingbassist, and the others that I have not met yet - lemme know when you're out again.
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Hey Eric,
    I hope all is well with your home. I don't think I will be riding this weekend (2/11/12). I will be riding again at night during the week and will post the days as they come. I hope to try to meet up with some new guys like grobm. We have been missing one another by a matter of hours it seems. Hope to make some turns with you this year. I'm also up for riding at Mt. Peter. I learned how to ski there a long time ago.

Jt

Hey jtslalom,I am "Sick" Wed barring the weather is warm so I will be on the lifts as soon as they open. I am also planning to try to do Sunday morning this coming week. Would love to hook up. me (at) markgrob (dot) com since we can not PM on this Forum.
    Last edited by grobm; February 13th, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
    ---

I will be riding Mountain Creek hopefully Wednesday morning if all goes well. I will be there at around 930 and probably ride till about 12-1.

Sweet, see you at the hill.
    ---

Tues morning 2/14. Great cover, packed powder everywhere, excellent smooth groom, hero snow for sure ! Enjoy !!

Looking forward to tomorrows morning run. Thanks for the Report Sic t 2
    ---

I will be riding Mountain Creek north on Thursday night 2/16/12 and Sunday morning 2/19/12. I have off during presidents week and will be riding most of the days in the mornings. Hope to see other carvers there.

Quote Originally Posted by grobm View Post
    Looking forward to tomorrows morning run. Thanks for the Report Sic t 2
    sorry, couldn't make it this morning. my wrist acted up overnight and its swollen pretty bad again. with that and the wednesday morning rain / flat light I could not get myself to mc. ride report ?

(( hi Eric, long time no see. hope to see u out this year too. I'll bring hard boots if weekday. give me a heads up some "good cover" bluebird morning. can't ruin my loaner Donek FC. Its a beauty !
    Ken... ))

Good day we had four Bombers on mountain but wet!

Name:  IMG_0432.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  54.4 KB

Mountain had good coverage, till noon. We dug some deep trenches on Sugar and had fun getting compliments from the instructors and newbies alike. We should have some clips coming.Rain Drizzle was on and off during the day so the ice spots generally became crud.
    Last edited by grobm; February 15th, 2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: image attached
    ---

Mountain had good coverage, till noon. We dug some deep trenches on Sugar and had fun getting compliments from the instructors and newbies alike. We should have some clips coming.Rain Drizzle was on and off during the day so the ice spots generally became crud.
    now that is a great pic !!!! who's idea was that ? they certainly earned a free beer

looks like no softboots for me with this crew. I better STEP UP to the plate.
    c u next ride.
    Last edited by sic t 2; February 15th, 2012 at 03:36 PM.

Raw Clips taken by me with iPhone.

http://youtu.be/MXz1XbZr8vI

http://youtu.be/RCADTS1dyKo
    ---

Raw Clips taken by me with iPhone.

http://youtu.be/MXz1XbZr8vI

http://youtu.be/RCADTS1dyKo
    raw footage was great. made me smile, that's one of my 360 spots, exactly where he did the 270 toeside. to get the horsepower for a good one you really have to be tucked at least 1/2 way down.

try tower #4 on the cab. its a great toeside attack. the trick is to not carve when you get back alongside the tower on the uphill. just let it sail straight uphill till you realize you are high enough now to let the natural lay of the slope complete it for you. its easier than a 270 because after 180 you just stop carving, stand upright and sail uphill past the tower, then a lazy turn with gravity and you coast right around it. the only trick about it is .... you have to be screaming coming in lol... but that's the fun part.

cheers !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I am not sure my stiff F2 Speedster could do that Tower #4 360. I kinda loose handling at 10mph or less how would you describe your flex on your BX? I will give it a shoot next Thursday, when I take my boss to the hill.
    ---

I am not sure my stiff F2 Speedster could do that Tower #4 360. I kinda loose handling at 10mph or less how would you describe your flex on your BX? I will give it a shoot next Thursday, when I take my boss to the hill.
    that turn is not really a 360. its a 180 carve, a cruise straight uphill, and then a flat board right turn just as your momentum sags off completely. sometimes I have to give it a little hop to get it to point it back downhill too. two issues make it hard to do a true 360 on that obstacle: one: you have a significant uphill climb to overcome. two: there is not enough snow cover on upper left side so you are stuck doing an elliptical orbit around it. so just get her to slingshot up the left side, straight back uphill and past the tower. if you can do that you just did it ! the rest is just minor tuning and tweaking (and a hop if you have to).

((flex on my board: http://www.the-house.com/9858rojdm9z...nowboards.html )
    ... you really can't compare board flexes directly from soft to hard boots. hard boots make any given board turn much sharper than soft boots. my board,the 158 Jdub, would just crumble under hard boot power ))
    Last edited by sic t 2; February 16th, 2012 at 11:14 AM.

I plan on being there on Sunday morning.

grobm,
    Nice videos on the Sugar slope. It is a nice slope to practice on. Tell John he has to square his shoulders on his heelside turn. He'll get it eventually.

grobm,
    Nice videos on the Sugar slope. It is a nice slope to practice on. Tell John he has to square his shoulders on his heelside turn. He'll get it eventually.

Haha never seen myself ride before. Videos looked great. JT I can really see in the vid that my shoulders arent squared really gotta work on that. Have been trying to focus on getting lower and driving with my back leg. SO many steps into getting a good carve. Hopefully by ECES itll come together.

Sorry for the last minute notice but heading to Hunter MT. tomorrow morning for an all day ride if anyone wants to meet up let me know. My cell number is 908 418 8075

i am also off alot next week. So let me know what days you plan to ride and i will try to meet up.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyLo View Post
    i am also off alot next week. So let me know what days you plan to ride and i will try to meet up.
    I will be at the Mountain Creek Thrusday next week. Might be Soft booting thou.
    ---

JT - I was on the lift at south the other day with this young punk, he was bragging how he spit a loogey on some old guy........
    ...I lifted the bar and pushed him off - one up for the old guys

Erik - can't beleive we haven't ran into eachother all year. We usually get to make some turns once a year.

I am back from Utah and was ready to goto Hunter today and I went to the Dr got some stitches in my shoulder yesterday and Doc said NO WAY....Can't pull anything for the weekend either. I will be out next week. Just not sure how Creek is gonna be for Presidents weekend. May hit hunter instead.

I had just gotten back from Utah and work was the priority, sorry I couldn't make Weds filmfest.....Sugar is a nice spot. Great video.

sic t 2 - post #4 is def one of my favorite spots.....I like to carve up into cab and then immediately roll over to a heelside carve with the board up the mountain, trenching it on the way down (nothing better than defeating gravity!)

Carvingbassists - unreal we haven't ridden together.

ECES - who's in?? gonna be a great couple days!!! I'm syked!

This is starting to be like a Group for posting, maybe a Facebook group would be of interest to everyone how rides mountain creek?

Here is a group I started up, happy to make others admins, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/256060551135998/
    ---

Is anybody planning to go to Mountain Creek early tomorrow Sat ? Early Sunday is a little more likely for me. By the way my name is Ralph I'm new to this group.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information