Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grouse Diaries 2011-12

Update on 24th:
    It was foggy, visibility was variable at night. Kinda bumpy every where. Only stay for an hour then left.

Update on 25th:
    Uploaded on first tram. Hero groomed condition on The Cut. Did 4 runs then rush to the tram to download before the traffic arrived.

Update on 27th:
    Soft little bumps everywhere. If engaged the edge, the board cut through the snow. On cat track (Heaven Sake), saw an asian rider (light green jacket and pants) on hard boot. Passed him few time.

Will go up again this evening and night for hard boot and freeride training. Look for bright orange jacket!

Update on 28:
    Visibility was variable and windy, but condition was great and not many on The Cut! Making trenches for an hour. Great soft pack snow!!!

Update on March 01:
    Visibility was limited. Snowing in the evening. Snow was nicely soft and packed. Not many people on the Cut.

Update on March 02:
    Great powder run below Olympic chair and soft pack snow on the peak.

Update on March 03:
    Sticky powder below Olympic chair. Visibility was variable.

Update on March 04:
    Visibility was limited and mostly wet snow everywhere. Started raining in the afternoon.

Surprisingly less skiers/snowboarders on the hill. Haven't seen any hardbooter this week. Probably, will see more kids this week during the strike.

Update March 8:
    Did several runs on Expo last night. Nice soft condition. Great for carving. Then, gave a freestyle session for snow school on my plate. Did lots of switch and fs/bs 180. Need to practice my switch fs/bs180 more. At the end, it was a fun session.

Came back from a session at Whistler. Too tired, will take a break tonight. Will go up tomorrow around lunch for training.

Update on March 12:
    Everything were standby due the high wind. Until 2pm, blue tram started running. Then, red tram started running around 3pm. Visibility was very limited. Very foggy, snow was very soft packed. Went down the bumps on Peak... mostly sideslipping. Not much traffic! Hopefully, will be very nice tomorrow!!!

Update on March 13:
    Soft pack snow everywhere. small bumps on certain section and bigger bumps on Peak. Foggy on upper mountain and better visibility on lower expo. Did some filming with the team. Will do more tomorrow.

Update on March 28:
    Foggy most of the time, wet and sticky snow everywhere. Good thing is no many people on Expo. May go up to Cypress after lunch tomorrow to pick up my season pass! Oh YEAH!

I wonder anyone know the snow condition at Grouse currently?

As Cypress opens only on weekends, I may go up to Grouse during weekend days.

Quote Originally Posted by pan View Post
    I wonder anyone know the snow condition at Grouse currently?
    As Cypress opens only on weekends, I may go up to Grouse during weekend days.
    I may follow if Whistler not in the schedule...

RT
    2013 17 Days
    2012 46 Days
    2011 60 Days
    2010 60+ Days

INSTRUCTION

Went up to Grouse yesterday! Arrived around 1pm. Condition were slushy and most rider up there were jibber. Only the Cut is opened and no line-up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information