Thread: The Launch Of Carving Magazine!!!

Hybrid View

The Launch Of Carving Magazine!!!

It is finally out!!!
    And as the first copies are already on their way, I cannot describe the feeling of having the magazine come to life. After all the work and the countless hours in front of the computer screen we get to have a magazine dedicated to our community. Will it be successful in bringing our community together and promoting it in the right way? Thats for all of you to judge and evaluate. Personally I am happy that I decide to do it and went through with it even if the economics of the project prove to be unsustainable.
    Hopefully people can use this thread to post their comments.

Here are some facts about the magazine that everyone should know.

- Not a single ad that is included in the magazine was charged. All the ads were free. The goal is to break even only with the sales of the magazine.
    - All or at least most of the manufacturers (globally) were contacted to provide material for the magazine (ad or company profile). The ones that are included in this issue were the ones that submitted material. Nobody was excluded.
    - The price of the magazine is not what we were hoping for. Unfortunately our intention to produce a luxurious publication ended up with a magazine (book more likely) that weighs 800 gr. As a result we made the postal service very happy since half of the price is shipping. Still, I would not go for something less (in terms of printing quality and paper) than what it is since it is an annual publication even if it affect the sales.

I hope you enjoy it!!!
    Thanks for the support.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Alexis Angelides
    SNBRD CARVING MAGAZINE
    www.carvingmag.com

Payment sent! Can't wait for it to arrive. Thanks for taking on this project. I'm sure the mag is going to rock!

Thanks,
    Paul

Just bought one too!

A link to the site would help

http://carvingmag.com/#buy_now

Sweet!!

Im in for two, money sent. Plans for another in the works at all

Yeahhhh! Payment sent as well! Probably be one of those mags I'll keep around for years that are always great to look back on. Can't wait

Fantastic

Been waiting forever.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nekdut View Post
    Just bought one too!

A link to the site would help

http://carvingmag.com/#buy_now
    Thanks for the link! I just ordered my copy.
    "Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them" -Albert Einstein

Congrats with he mag. Just ordered one.

Pitty the shippingcosts turned out that way. Nevertheless thanks for the time and effort.

+100. Ordered one. Looking forward to it.
    "At one point I was seeing my bootfitter so much my wife was begining to think I was having an affair with him."

Yes!

Every year, somebody here says they want to do this. Congratulations on being the first to actually make it happen!
    new here? check out the Welcome Center and FAQs

It is so overwelming to see people responding to the magazine. Within the first 24 hours from the launch of the website we have gone over the 100 barrier with orders coming from all over the world. US, Canada, Russia, Switzerland, Germany, Finland, Sweden, The Netherlands, Japan, Australia...etc. We have a long way to go yet in terms of sales but I would like to thank everyone for their trust, going forward and buying something that they don't know exactly what it is and if it is worth it. BIG, BIG THANKS!!!! I hope what you will be holding in your hands in a few days will meet your expectations!!!!
    Last edited by alexgforce; December 17th, 2011 at 10:39 AM.
    Alexis Angelides
    SNBRD CARVING MAGAZINE
    www.carvingmag.com

Fantastic. Just ordered. Thanks Alex.

Received!!!! Will ship first thing on Monday. Thank you Colin!!! I have a soft spot for SanFra, I wish I could crowl into the package!!!
    Alexis Angelides
    SNBRD CARVING MAGAZINE
    www.carvingmag.com

I think I had received 1 email from you and answered right back that we will accept any ad for free. Apart from that I have received nothing else. Please send me an email so we can figure out what happened. Whatever the problem is it is not intentional and we will definitely make it up for you.
    Alexis Angelides
    SNBRD CARVING MAGAZINE
    www.carvingmag.com

Quote Originally Posted by alexgforce View Post
    It is finally out!!!
    And as the first copies are already on their way, .......
    I hope you enjoy it!!! Thanks for the support.
    Alexis, email sent.

Email: carvingchanel at yahoo dot ca

LMK, thx.
    RT
    2013 17 Days
    2012 46 Days
    2011 60 Days
    2010 60+ Days

INSTRUCTION

I just buy it for the articles.

Might read ok, but I'm really wondering how well it performs. Does it turn tight for a GS sized magazine? I mean can I expect to get it into the space I could fit your average tabloid? Is it going to be damp, or very lively feeling. Narrow or a wide spine, and how does that affect my ability to handle it?
    Last edited by Puddy Tat; December 18th, 2011 at 10:37 PM.
    "At one point I was seeing my bootfitter so much my wife was begining to think I was having an affair with him."

Congrats!
    Payment sent, and I'll spread the word!!!
    Life is riding; everything else is waiting.

Great!
    Ordered mine and waiting it as a child.
    http://www.carvers.it/

You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Well done Alex for taking the initiative and producing this annual. I've placed my order and am waiting with bated breath for its arrival!

You did an Excellent job Alex. I'm honored that you put me in your first issue, thank you.
    Norman

Quote Originally Posted by norman View Post
    I'm honored that you put me in your first issue, thank you.
    Norman
    Good point - I'm just narked I'm not in it, but then I'm a snowboarder not a carver so I can't really complain ;-)

PDF? I like it the way it is - if it's PDF I'd feel forced to pirate it, just because. This way, it's cash for artefact, easier to deal with.

Talking Received my magazine

Alex - totally awesome job. Great pics and stories.

Hey alex,Tried ordering a copy and I get directed to a paypal site. If I had the email address for your paypal account and the total for the mag I will send it to you. Or someother idea ? Working on nice 2012 article will email soon.
    In Ruts We Trust

It is so overwelming to see people responding to the magazine. Within the first 24 hours from the launch of the website we have gone over the 100 barrier with orders coming from all over the world. US, Canada, Russia, Switzerland, Germany, Finland, Sweden, The Netherlands, Japan, Australia...etc. We have a long way to go yet in terms of sales but I would like to thank everyone for their trust, going forward and buying something that they don't know exactly what it is and if it is worth it. BIG, BIG THANKS!!!! I hope what you will be holding in your hands in a few days will meet your expectations!!!!
    Cara

Dear Alex

Are you about to come out with a new issue of the carving mag? Due to the shipping cost, if you are, then perhaps a way to go would be to charge 25 Euro for each issue, or 45 Euro for the first 2 issues together, which would manage the shipping cost for you a bit better (i did some mail order business in the past, the 2nd mag will be costing not much more than the first).

If you can advise, then I will decide when to place an order....any advice appreciated. Also agree, buyers guide; interviews with some of the Euro worldcup guys, analysis of stuff, how to section, travel, getting fit.

Not sure why ads should be free, I am sure the advertisers are quite happy to pay something given the high value they receive. It all helps.

Hi Kipstar,
    Yes, as I mentioned in a previous thread the 2nd issue of the Carving Magazine is coming together. Indeed the idea is to sell both issues at a slight discount. Although the 2 magazines will be shipped separately and not as a package. Apparently shipping 2 magazines as a package labels it as a parcel and it ends up costing more than 2 separate shipments. Nevertheless we are still planning to offer a discount for someone who wants to buy both issues.

Thanks for the feedback. Some of these our readers will definitely see in the next issue.

The ads were free ONLY for the 1st issue. It was important to do so in order to have a complete magazine. For the second issue we have put together an ad proposal indicating ad spaces, very reasonably priced. After all we are still a brand new publication. Fortunately we already have people that have purchased some of the spaces.
    Alexis Angelides
    SNBRD CARVING MAGAZINE
    www.carvingmag.com

Thread Information