Thread: Used 2010 Oxygen Proton 160 for sale... soon

Used 2010 Oxygen Proton 160 for sale... now

This is a great board with tons of snap, it has a titanal (metal) butterfly top layer that does wonders in the turn providing an awesome ride! I bought it last year from someone else here on the forum, he got it as a demo board that was lightly used, and have raced on it at Nationals (and won), one day this year and a handful of training days but it is still like new.
    Even though I want to sell it, I am not 100% ready to ship it to you tomorrow, I am waiting on another board to buy. I want to put feelers out there now but will be using it for a little bit longer until I get the new board. So if you are looking for a new SL but aren't in a rush then drop me a line, I am thinking sometime in the next month or sooner I will be ready to part with it. Price will be $200 plus $28 for shipping in the US and more for international

Bindings are not included;

Base has no dings at all, in perfect shape;

Thanks, Everett

PS, my Burton speed is still for sale ready to ship now, here; http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulleti...ad.php?t=33899
    Last edited by evnewsphoto; December 19th, 2011 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evnewsphoto View Post
    This is a great board with tons of snap, it has a titanal (metal) butterfly top layer that does wonders in the turn providing an awesome ride! I bought it last year from someone else here on the forum, he got it as a demo board that was lightly used, and have raced on it at Nationals (and won)....
    I'm very familiar this particular board with the initial on the nose base ...

Good to know that this board have made you reach the podium...not alot of buzz about this board here on BOL, this board have all the high tech .

I ride from Kessler, Prior, Coiler etc and trade it for newer model but I still kept my 2010 O2 Proton 172.

Grab this board...

Cheers
    RT
    Last edited by CarvingScooby; December 12th, 2011 at 12:27 AM.
    2013 17 Days
    2012 46 Days
    2011 60 Days
    2010 60+ Days

INSTRUCTION

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the board and whatever xyz is, and yes it got me the top of the podioum!

Here are some pics of the board in action;

I do love it and it really performs well but I am updating to new Donek if all goes well and that is why I will not need it down the road but will keep riding it a little bit longer. Thanks, Everett

First in line if/when you make the decision!

It is yours! I will be happy to sell it to you, just let me nail down the details of my next board and we'll work out the when, but I will for sure sell it, that's why I wanted to put out feelers now. Feel free to email me at evnewsphoto@yahoo.com and we can discuss the particulars. I live in Denver by the way. Everett

board now ready for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Flywalker View Post
    First in line if/when you make the decision!

Board is for sale now and ready to ship, did you still want it? I can't email you on here and never heard from you, but you are first in line as you say.

Everybody else; now accepting back up offers

Board is still for sale, not sure if flywalker is still interested but if anyone else is drop me a line. Everett
    720-448-5683 or
    evnewsphoto@yahoo.com

Interested. Got questions. Emailed.

What are the specs ?
    Targer rider's weight ?
    Stephane

Board is sold, thanks Reid!

Received the board. Base was scuffed on contact point. Edges were rough and discolored. Not "like new" but fairly easy to fix, I thought. I used a variable-angle edge guide to determine side-edge bevel; it turned out to be 3 degrees. Cleaned up side edges with 3 degree fixed SVST guide and stones (no files). Then I attended to the base edges. I attempted to check base edge bevel and it appeared to be more than the limit of my adjustable guide, 3.25 degrees. That is, a felt-tip pen mark on the base edge couldn't be touched by the stone even at 3.25 degrees. I checked base flatness and it looked to me like about 1/2" of base nearest the edges was bevelled. So the edge bevel is in addition to the slanted base. At that point, I decided that the board was simply not in acceptable condition, not even remotely "like new".

I brought the board to a tech for an expert assessment. He looked at the edges near the nose (in front of the contact point) and compared to the edges along the running length and judged that almost half the base material had already been ground away. He said that it would not be wise to try to return the board to its factory state (1 degree base, I think) or even close.

Photo of scuff I thought was no problem:
    Name:  base2.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  47.7 KB
    Photo of base with straightedge:
    Name:  base1.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  46.2 KB

In view of these facts, the board's condition was seriously misrepresented, probably unintentionally, but carelessly. I therefore request a full refund. I will happily send the board back if you pay for return shipping. Or, if you find someone else to buy it, I'll send it out wherever you wish upon payment of shipping.
    Last edited by teach; February 21st, 2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: photos

It also appears that this was not a 2010. I just found Newcarver's sale thread http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulleti...gen-Proton-160 for last year where he says he thinks it's a 2008. I have reason to believe it's even a bit older.

Quote Originally Posted by teach View Post
    It also appears that this was not a 2010. I just found Newcarver's sale thread http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulleti...gen-Proton-160 for last year where he says he thinks it's a 2008. I have reason to believe it's even a bit older.
    My Bad it's a 2008 Model, not older.

RT
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2013 17 Days
    2012 46 Days
    2011 60 Days
    2010 60+ Days

INSTRUCTION

Misrepresented, seeking refund

Quote Originally Posted by CarvingScooby View Post
    I'm very familiar this particular board with the initial on the nose base ...

Good to know that this board have made you reach the podium...not alot of buzz about this board here on BOL, this board have all the high tech .

I ride from Kessler, Prior, Coiler etc and trade it for newer model but I still kept my 2010 O2 Proton 172.

Grab this board...

Cheers
    RT
    CarvingScooby, I guess the quote above is what you're referring to? By 2008 you mean 2007-2008, correct? So that's the 2008 Proton 172 you offered in the WTB classifieds recently? Were you the owner of the 160? You never quite said that. If so, I wonder how many grinds it had when you had it?

I wouldn't care about the year, except that it reinforces the "like new" description, which turned out to be grossly false.

From what I can tell, the board was carelessly tuned by evnewsphoto. I believe the base convexity to be the result of aggressive filing of base edges without a guide and without felt-tip pen marks on the edges to prevent going into the base p-tex. That's my best guess. But however it happened, as it came to me, it was not even close to "like new" base and edges (explicitly stated to me in response to my email inquiring about the board). (The previous owner said it had a 1 degree base bevel when he sold it. That would be fine.)

Evnewsphoto has replied to my emails and to my post via email, saying that there's "no warranty", that the board was "a used board sold as is". I'm not making a warranty claim; nor did I just realize I forgot to ask an important question: my issue is, I repeat, that the board I received was most certainly NOT as described. And likely cannot even be returned to factory base bevel. NOT AT ALL what was advertised and NOT AT ALL what was explicitly stated to me in email.

Evnewsphoto has also repeatedly told me (in email) what a good deal I got. If that's true, I suspect there are others out there wanting in. If you don't mind a convex base, I'm sure this is a great board. In case anyone wants to buy this board, maybe let Evnewsphoto know of your interest. That might speed my refund. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part...

My name is "Quoted" and I guess I have to respond;

...By 2008 you mean 2007-2008, correct? ...
    It's 2008 Model.

...Were you the owner of the 160? ...
    No, I'm not.
    The history: I was offered to take the whole 2008 line up and I pass it to YVR Carvers. Most boards were taken right away only the two smallest one was left with no takers but one person (intention to take 160) for some of the reason have to bail out. - This mean no one ride the 160 here in YVR - I did a bit digging the 160 history and I found out this board might have been changing hands several times and you might be the 5th.

...I wonder how many grinds...
    All boards are in mint condition when received here in YVR. As I recall the 160 is one of the board with 9.5/10 condition.

...I wouldn't care about the year, except that it reinforces the "like new" description, which turned out to be grossly false.
    From what I can tell, the board was carelessly tuned by evnewsphoto. I believe the base convexity to be the result of aggressive filing of base edges without a guide and without felt-tip pen marks on the edges to prevent going into the base p-tex. That's my best guess. But however it happened, as it came to me, it was not even close to "like new" base and edges (explicitly stated to me in response to my email inquiring about the board). (The previous owner said it had a 1 degree base bevel when he sold it. That would be fine.)
    Evnewsphoto has replied to my emails and to my post via email, saying that there's "no warranty", that the board was "a used board sold as is". I'm not making a warranty claim; nor did I just realize I forgot to ask an important question: my issue is, I repeat, that the board I received was most certainly NOT as described. And likely cannot even be returned to factory base bevel. NOT AT ALL what was advertised and NOT AT ALL what was explicitly stated to me in email.
    Evnewsphoto has also repeatedly told me (in email) what a good deal I got. If that's true, I suspect there are others out there wanting in. If you don't mind a convex base, I'm sure this is a great board. In case anyone wants to buy this board, maybe let Evnewsphoto know of your interest. That might speed my refund. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part...
    Reid, I hope this matter can be resolved with Everett peacefully.

Hope this help, good luck.
    RT
    Last edited by CarvingScooby; February 28th, 2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Wording
    2013 17 Days
    2012 46 Days
    2011 60 Days
    2010 60+ Days

INSTRUCTION

Reid, I sent you an email offering a full refund to buy the board back and have not heard a reply, I don't know if you are ignoring me because you are angry but I am happy to end things in a civil manner, please email me or respond here. I stand by the board so much that I will take it back and use it myself. I don't know if you ever rode it but I hope you can send it back asap so I can ride it again, it's a great board and I want it back. Everett

I was out of internet reach the last few days. OK, I'll check email, thanks.

You have email. Refund of my paypal + shipping cost is what I ask (post #11).

Refund sent Reid and take care. Everett

Thread Information