Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bomber: Softboot Power Plate system now available

Bomber: Softboot Power Plate system now available

The Bomber Power Plate system is designed for the high-performance soft boot rider. If you are the type of rider who prefers to rocket around the entire mountain and appreciate maximum edge control of your board, this is for you. If you spend the day hiking the pipe, then this is not the tool for that job.

After a successful test season in 2010/2011 with a couple of BX wins as well, Bomber now introduces the Power Plate system. The Power Plates give you three huge benefits:

•Raise the Roof: by raising the rider up off the board you gain leverage in your binding to give you maximum edge hold during a carve. As a side benefit, if you have large feet or run real low angles, it can help with boot-out issues. Also, the footprint of the system is smaller than the binding allowing the board to flex more naturally.

•Remove the Bad Vibe: The suspension system is based from our world famous TD3 hardboot binding. By using a floating E-Ring, we are able to remove the harshness of the ride while maintaining edge hold. Three levels of E-Ring softness are available so you can tune your ride.

•You Can Cant: It's not necessary, but if you are more of a directional rider then you might find you like a little cant in your binding set-up. This can be a big benefit when trying to optimize the perfect stance for maximum forward-facing speed. Think: Boarder Cross. Available in 0, 3, and 6 degree options at time of order.

This entire system is placed between your existing binding and board. The Power Plates will accept any 4 hole based binding and comes with all hardware to mount to your snowboard.

Go here for information and purchase: POWER PLATES
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Fin

==============================
    Bomber Industries, Inc
    Email: fin@bomberonline.com
    129 W. 10th St. Unit A
    P.O. Box 1667, Silverthorne, CO, 80498
    970/513-7733 Fax: 970/513-7833
    www.bomberonline.com

Wicked!

With the wider stances people are running, it'll be nice to be able to cant both bindings toward each other for more natural knee alignment! Nice work Fin.

I agree Ian. I have tried to get a few SBer's to at least try 3 degrees in back. Most shake their head and say "no way". However, the few that did try it really liked it. It will be a hurdle as far as getting people to at least try it.
    Fin

Bomber Industries, Inc
    129 W. 10th St. Unit A
    www.bomberonline.com

Good Business

Fin, you have made the right business decision. Good luck with your new product. See you at the Milk

Talking Good job Fin!

Back when I still used soft boots, I'd a killed for 3-6 on the back foot. Now have a valid reason too look at softies again??
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.

Order Placed.

I have run 3/3 for over 20 years. Now it will just be easier, faster and cushier!!
    Last edited by www.oldsnowboards.com; December 8th, 2011 at 09:08 PM.
    Personal Messaging is NOT working. Please post your email to make contact.
    SEARCHING TIP: go to GOOGLE and add this to the end of your search terms- site:bomberonline.com

Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    I agree Ian. I have tried to get a few SBer's to at least try 3 degrees in back. Most shake their head and say "no way". However, the few that did try it really liked it. It will be a hurdle as far as getting people to at least try it.
    Really? That surprises me. Ride and Rome are already selling binding models with canted footbeds. Most range from 1.5 - 4.5 degrees. As soon as I saw my level 3 CASI instructor's 'natural' wide stance last year I wanted the same.

Crap. Something else I now "need" very badly. Any demos available for folks out visiting in Bomber country?
    "''planter ben red' can be put very simply into ''the board stopped freakin fast kinda on its own''--Bomber-member Pat

Ian: yea, I have had to use some effort to get some to try cant. However, that said, we are seeing a good amount of orders this morning with cant included in the selection. So maybe used more than I thought?

Scapster: yes, we have demos from our shop here in Silverthorne, CO and we will have demos at the SES and the ECES as well.

So who will be the first to start a review in the Gear Review forum?
    Fin

Bomber Industries, Inc
    129 W. 10th St. Unit A
    www.bomberonline.com

So who will be the first to start a review in the Gear Review forum?
    Not me since we don't have much snow up here in Minne-not-so-snowta but I sure am excited to try them! I just ordered the plates since I will try them out on my 3 degree TD2 cants. They look awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by scrapster View Post
    Crap. Something else I now "need" very badly. Any demos available for folks out visiting in Bomber country?
    You and me both, bro. These would make softie carving on the Madd BX a total blast. Hmmm... might have to drop in to the Bomber tent at SES and check these out ...
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.

Thumbs up Nice!

Fin, Thanks again for making us something useful!! Now I can take off the plastic Unicants I have been using on my softboot ride and replace them with some high quality machined aluminum bits. Ordered mine last night and can't wait to bolt them up. Now go take a break and get in some snow time! Thanks! Tom

Power Plates

Mine are ordered...

What appeals to me about the PP's is the 'quick-change artist' in me. To be able to 'quickly' change from hards to softs and back. I may not end up doing this but the allure of doing this makes it cost effective for myself. I can hear some critics suggesting to just use the 4x4 pattern on any board instead of a set of unnecessary lifts and cants.

My answer to that is it's my money and I'll cry if I want to...

Mark
    Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
    Denis Diderot

Just ordered a set to use with.... my Burton Race Plates... WTF?!?!?! hahahaha

I'll probably order another set to use with my softy setup and will be getting rid of my Catek FR2s very very soon...
    Go out and ride. Everyone just STFU and riiide!!!

Step Two / Soft Boot super carver

Tinkler TNT wider carver with snow stix, Bomber Cant softboot system.

Step Three. Three strap super bindings to make it complete.

Softboot super carver. Enough to actually put my softoots back on ? Maybe.

Last edited by www.oldsnowboards.com; December 17th, 2011 at 11:22 AM.
    SEARCHING TIP: go to GOOGLE and add this to the end of your search terms- site:bomberonline.com

Nice!

Brian, Wow! That looks sweet! I have Sean at Donek building me something special for my Power Plates. Will post up once it arrives. Enjoy that new ride! Happy Holiday! Tom

ill be getting a set of these after x-mas!

good, good. seems like bad solution for me:

I see that it's too distant pressure point from board' edge. when I place weight projection over the edge - I want the pressure point to be as near to edge as possible. think palmer's lift ring, not catek freeride binders - which have almost the same problem. hardboot bindings don't scale well from narrow to wide boards, so I cannot possibly stand by this riser solution: it's almost like early TD1 - without rubber pucks under toe and heel

Hey everyone! We're sold out of the Power Plates right now, but we'll have more coming in late January early February. You can preorder them now, but they won't be shipped until we get them.

Happy Holidays!
    Expert in particular carvers with special needs

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Hey everyone! We're sold out of the Power Plates right now, but we'll have more coming in late January early February. You can preorder them now, but they won't be shipped until we get them.

Happy Holidays!
    Wow, that was fast. Sell everything you make is a good model.

How many pair were made in phase one?

Yea, response was WAY bigger than we predicted. Going to make more and hope to have out end of January.

Fantastic to see this many softies into achieving better edge control. Viva la edge!

Brian, nice pics of your ride with the PPs.
    Fin

Bomber Industries, Inc
    129 W. 10th St. Unit A
    www.bomberonline.com

Yea, response was WAY bigger than we predicted. Going to make more and hope to have out end of January.

Fantastic to see this many softies into achieving better edge control. Viva la edge!

Brian, nice pics of your ride with the PPs.
    Thanks Fin. It ALMOST has me looking for my soft boots. I know I left them somewhere around here.

I have some carbon Nideckers that should work. Be fun to see differences.

Fin, I think I found your cat?

I am wondering if using the softboot plate with the BP Cant would be ok??
    Last edited by www.oldsnowboards.com; December 21st, 2011 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by www.oldsnowboards.com View Post
    I have some carbon Nideckers that should work. Be fun to see differences.
    That is my setup I got the carbon Nideckers last year and I really like them on my old Avalanche Ice Rocket. Now I have them on the Secret Plates with my 3 degree cants, slightly in and back on the front and in and forward on the rear. However, we have ZERO natural snow right now so I haven't been out yet but I am excited to try them so I have to quick get out and try them.

I'm using them with my Burton Race Plates...

Although, I'm planning on ordering a second set for my softy setup. I'm going to post up my Catek FR2s and all spare parts on the classified section pretty soon.
    Go out and ride. Everyone just STFU and riiide!!!

Reviews

I've got some friends who were holding off buying these until reviews came out. Looks like they're screwed until end-Jan now. But is anyone planning on posting a review of these soon?

Dave
    "At one point I was seeing my bootfitter so much my wife was begining to think I was having an affair with him."

I was planning on it... But the lack of snow means I'm not riding the gear I got the PP's for. My rock board's a burton and I dont have 3hole center-discs.

i did not have a chance to ride the new plates yet but i wrote a nice review when i started using the prototype a while back, here is the link: http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulleti...ad.php?t=30507
    the prototype and the final product are almost identical but the Softboot Power Plate system looks so much cooler in red
    I know I'm not an "awesome carver" but I feel "awesome" when I'm carving

Thumbs up So I tested them out a couple of times.

And I love them.

So here is my set up; 2000 Avalanche Ice Rocket 159, Nidecker Carbon bindings, 3 degree cant from TD2 with yellow elastomers and canted inward on both with some toe lift in front and heel lift in the rear. I think the waist is 25.5 cm and I have M bindings and 8.5 Burton boots at 20 front and 10 rear.

Previous to the BSP I would easily boot out but with the BSPs I never did. Granted I was not extreme carving but I was laying down some nice trenches and never had any boot out. The board is obviously heavier and after 5 hours my leg was getting a little more tired than normal but I think it was worth it. The fabrication is top notch and I didn't get one comment on the weird bindings because you really cannot tell they are installed. It did not take me any time to get used to them but I never had a chance to huck myself off any jumps to see how it is to land on them.

I'm not huge on hardbooting yet because in Minnesota I seem to have more fun riding around with my softboots and hitting some jumps. This is why I was excited about the BSPs. Now I can lay down some pretty good carves and still toss myself off some kickers for fun.

Overall Bomber Industries did an excellent job with the BSP and since I already had the cant rings all I needed to pony up was $100.

Last edited by Futahaguro; January 8th, 2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Embed a short video.

fin,

Are these going to be available for demo at the ECES?

Bullwings... care to share how you like them with your hardboot set up? If you have ridden a mono-plate, could you let us know the differences, etc...?

Yep, we'll be bringing at least three full sets. Uses same lowers as TD3 system so those are coming anyway.

Absolutely want to see how these perform on the ice-coast
    Fin

Bomber Industries, Inc
    129 W. 10th St. Unit A
    www.bomberonline.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information