Thread: Bomber: Softboot Power Plate system now available

Hybrid View

Bomber: Softboot Power Plate system now available

The Bomber Power Plate system is designed for the high-performance soft boot rider. If you are the type of rider who prefers to rocket around the entire mountain and appreciate maximum edge control of your board, this is for you. If you spend the day hiking the pipe, then this is not the tool for that job.

After a successful test season in 2010/2011 with a couple of BX wins as well, Bomber now introduces the Power Plate system. The Power Plates give you three huge benefits:

•Raise the Roof: by raising the rider up off the board you gain leverage in your binding to give you maximum edge hold during a carve. As a side benefit, if you have large feet or run real low angles, it can help with boot-out issues. Also, the footprint of the system is smaller than the binding allowing the board to flex more naturally.

•Remove the Bad Vibe: The suspension system is based from our world famous TD3 hardboot binding. By using a floating E-Ring, we are able to remove the harshness of the ride while maintaining edge hold. Three levels of E-Ring softness are available so you can tune your ride.

•You Can Cant: It's not necessary, but if you are more of a directional rider then you might find you like a little cant in your binding set-up. This can be a big benefit when trying to optimize the perfect stance for maximum forward-facing speed. Think: Boarder Cross. Available in 0, 3, and 6 degree options at time of order.

This entire system is placed between your existing binding and board. The Power Plates will accept any 4 hole based binding and comes with all hardware to mount to your snowboard.

Go here for information and purchase: POWER PLATES
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Fin

==============================
    Bomber Industries, Inc
    Email: fin@bomberonline.com
    129 W. 10th St. Unit A
    P.O. Box 1667, Silverthorne, CO, 80498
    970/513-7733 Fax: 970/513-7833
    www.bomberonline.com

Wicked!

With the wider stances people are running, it'll be nice to be able to cant both bindings toward each other for more natural knee alignment! Nice work Fin.

I agree Ian. I have tried to get a few SBer's to at least try 3 degrees in back. Most shake their head and say "no way". However, the few that did try it really liked it. It will be a hurdle as far as getting people to at least try it.
    Fin

Bomber Industries, Inc
    129 W. 10th St. Unit A
    www.bomberonline.com

Good Business

Fin, you have made the right business decision. Good luck with your new product. See you at the Milk

Talking Good job Fin!

Back when I still used soft boots, I'd a killed for 3-6 on the back foot. Now have a valid reason too look at softies again??
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.

Order Placed.

I have run 3/3 for over 20 years. Now it will just be easier, faster and cushier!!
    Last edited by www.oldsnowboards.com; December 8th, 2011 at 09:08 PM.
    SEARCHING TIP: go to GOOGLE and add this to the end of your search terms- site:bomberonline.com

Quote Originally Posted by fin View Post
    I agree Ian. I have tried to get a few SBer's to at least try 3 degrees in back. Most shake their head and say "no way". However, the few that did try it really liked it. It will be a hurdle as far as getting people to at least try it.
    Really? That surprises me. Ride and Rome are already selling binding models with canted footbeds. Most range from 1.5 - 4.5 degrees. As soon as I saw my level 3 CASI instructor's 'natural' wide stance last year I wanted the same.

Crap. Something else I now "need" very badly. Any demos available for folks out visiting in Bomber country?
    "''planter ben red' can be put very simply into ''the board stopped freakin fast kinda on its own''--Bomber-member Pat

Ian: yea, I have had to use some effort to get some to try cant. However, that said, we are seeing a good amount of orders this morning with cant included in the selection. So maybe used more than I thought?

Scapster: yes, we have demos from our shop here in Silverthorne, CO and we will have demos at the SES and the ECES as well.

So who will be the first to start a review in the Gear Review forum?
    Fin

Bomber Industries, Inc
    129 W. 10th St. Unit A
    www.bomberonline.com

Quote Originally Posted by scrapster View Post
    Crap. Something else I now "need" very badly. Any demos available for folks out visiting in Bomber country?
    You and me both, bro. These would make softie carving on the Madd BX a total blast. Hmmm... might have to drop in to the Bomber tent at SES and check these out ...
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.

I just ordered the power plates can't wait. I will mount these on my swoard DUAL 163 with burton c60 bindings and driver x boots, might try this on my prior ATV 161 also but I like riding that board with my hard boot set up. Thanks bomber for making these awesome products at very reasonable prices.

Thread Information