Thread: Your Fav Alpine Board Shop?

Your Fav Alpine Board Shop?

Well, if there is still even such a thing - Where are there any retail shops that carry any Alpine gear - boots, boards, bindings - Bomber excluded of course. I know most of the shops left have to multitask with other non alpine product, but Let's give em some coverage - add your favs to the list!

I know ABS in Boulder is reputable and usually has the latest stock.
    Where Else?

If you look up at the ceiling of Elk River Snowboards at Snowshoe WV, you will see a stash of NOS unused alpine boards from the 90's. I bought my PJ 6.3 from them at that time. They may be for sale, who knows. That's the closest thing that I have for a store that has alpine boards that may be for sale.

One the one hand... nobody in the state of OR carries any alpine gear that I am aware of. On the other hand... who needs retail. All my new boards come direct from the manufacturer, and between Bomber, Hardbooter and YYZCanuck I am well taken care of for everything else I could ever want. Now, if only SOMEONE in Bend carried high-end softies in my size... I'd really like to try on next years's DriverX's vs Malamutes, but they all laugh at me when I tell them I want either boot in a 7.5!!!!

Of course prior in whistler has a great demo retail shop plus you can tour the factory or order a custom board like I did. It is also where I got my catek bindings and they had them in stock. I know they are really a manufacturer but with there retail section they deserve to be mentioned. I love the board chris made for me.
    In Ruts We Trust

Locally, the real answer would be Blue B's (Boris) or Carving Scooby's (Roy) garages.

Nothing can match these guys for variety, sizes, or service.

Chris Prior's shop comes a very distant second, followed by Whistler's Re-Use it.
    A carver's haiku-

My board's a scalpel,
    To carve deep ruts in the snow,
    Is my destiny.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by crucible View Post
    Locally, the real answer would be Blue B's (Boris) or Carving Scooby's (Roy) garages.
    Nothing can match these guys for variety, sizes, or service...
    Geo, u haven't seen my garage

Cheers
    RT
    2013 17 Days
    2012 46 Days
    2011 60 Days
    2010 60+ Days

INSTRUCTION

I really like yyzcanuck, also there is a shop in mammoth called wave rave that sales prior their focus is more on soft booting but it is still a very cool shop. But there are no shops anywhere close to where I live 99% of the people here don't even know what alpine snowboarding is.

NJ Exit 3 (Over 3.00" of Powder Annually)

Thumbs up ABS & Bomber

All Board Sports in Boulder, Co. and Bomber Industries in Silverthorne, Co. are my favorites, but they're both 1200+ miles away .
    It's a must to stop in at each when making the trip to Colorodo (where's the drool guy ?) ..............
    Last edited by jp1; March 30th, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
    Don't tell me, "Show Me"
    765 grams = 1.6865 lbs. or 26.985 oz.

Ski Cellar on Macleod in Calgary. Every time I take boards there to be tuned, I cop abuse ike "I thought people stopped riding that stuff last century" ,"so what do you want us to do with this? Throw it on the dumpster?" and "how do you even ride this thing?" I go there for the sheer entertainment value.

For real stuff, I've always had stellar service from the lovely folks at YYZCanuck.
    Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.

Bola's candy store and Fin's machine shop.

It was a suprise to me but Salty Peaks in Salt Lake has a corner of alpine boards this year.

Salty Peaks also has Stratos Pro boots!

Anybody know of any shops with Deeluxe 700T's?

Quote Originally Posted by barryj View Post
    Salty Peaks also has Stratos Pro boots!

Anybody know of any shops with Deeluxe 700T's?
    Bomber!
    Bring on the snow!!

The Bomber and Donek demo tents at SES are the only places I've ever touched alpine stuff before buying it. Everything else is mail-order from Bomber, YYZCanuck, and Coiler.

Quote Originally Posted by crucible View Post

And probably the only places where you can often get the gear below the cost of acquisition...

In honnesty, Priors retail shop is quite nice - new alpine stock, demo/proto stock, Catak, Bomber, F2 bindings...
    There used to be few other shops that carried some alpine, but all discontinued. Older gear sometimes surfaces at sport consignment shops, too.
    INSTRUCTION | CASI L2 - hard boots all the way! | Vancouver Carvers' Diaries 2013/14 | Items for sale

Last week Prior offered free demos for a full day free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueB View Post

And probably the only places where you can often get the gear below the cost of acquisition...
    My garage occasionally gives similar deals

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    My garage occasionally gives similar deals
    I stand behind this statement, 100%.

Thread Information