Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mt Hood Meadows Reports 2011-2012

Mt Hood Meadows Reports 2011-2012

Getting a head start on the season's ride board.

The big news is a new high speed to replace Stadium or "Yellow" chair.

MT HOOD MEADOWS 2011/12 SEASON PASS PRICING!

$499 for ages 23 - 64 | regular price $999 after November 6, 2011
    $379 for ages 15 - 22 | regular price $669 after November 6, 2011
    $259 for ages 7 - 14 | regular price $449 after November 6, 2011
    $429 for midweek only (Monday - Friday / Not valid December 26-30, 2011)
    $379 for ages 65+ | regular price $449 after November 6, 2011
    $499 for ages 65+ includes 8 midweek bus rides to the mountain
    Kids 6 and under $20 for the entire season!

Last years thread
    Last edited by www.oldsnowboards.com; September 1st, 2011 at 05:14 PM.
    SEARCHING TIP: go to GOOGLE and add this to the end of your search terms- site:bomberonline.com

Sweet, access to SS and HRM in under 3 mins.
    Bacon will get you through times of no money better then money will get you through times of no bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Sweet, access to SS and HRM in under 3 mins.
    Yes!! I think it should really help split the morning line up!!

Funny, I had not heard anything about this last season??
    SEARCHING TIP: go to GOOGLE and add this to the end of your search terms- site:bomberonline.com

Stadium Bottom Terminal Installed

Four additional new groomers too!!
    Last edited by www.oldsnowboards.com; October 13th, 2011 at 06:52 PM.

Yes starting feel the chill in the air and ready for snow !

It's ON

Attached Images Attached Images    

Big Chill Party

http://www.skihood.com/Events-and-Te...y=18&category=

Anyone been to one of these?

Widmer Brothers Brewing Big Chill '11
    Time:9:00 PM - 1:00 AM
    Location:Grand Central Restaurant and Bowling Lounge 808 SE Morrison Ave., Portland, OR 97214
    Category:Music+Entertainment
    Organizer:Widmer Brothers Brewing
    Web Address:Big Chill '11
    Kick off the winter snow season in style at the Big Chill, a celebration of the best of the Northwest presented by Widmer Brothers Brewing. Join Widmer Brothers for an evening of local craft beer -- including Brrr, the brewery’s winter seasonal -- music, art and fashion at Grand Central Restaurant and Bowling Lounge, beginning at 9 p.m.
    • The night will include music from DEELAY CEELAY, a Portland-based duo that fuses live instrumentation with synched projected visuals blurring the lines between music, experimental film and performance, while creating an awesome and engaging experience for their audiences.
    •Check out the latest winter styles in a fashion show produced by Portland’s Jillian Rabe, LLC featuring winter, street and outerwear including lines from: Compound, U.S. Outdoor Store and Antic.
    •The silent auction is back this year; this time, benefitting Mountain Wave Search and Rescue! Local artists have been asked to create awesome winter-themed works of art from used snowboards, toboggans, and sleds. Guests at the Big Chill will be asked to vote on their favorite works of art and winning artists will receive prizes like a custom-designed Revolution Snowboard, Mt. Hood Meadows lift tickets, or a weekend getaway to Sunriver Resort. Attendees will also have a chance to get in on the prizes just for voting!
    •Snow-junkies can also get their pictures taken at the Big Chill photo booth while warming up with a pint of cold Brrr.

Admission to the Big Chill ’11 is free. Custom Widmer Brothers glassware for the event will be free with the purchase of a Brrr Seasonal Ale for $3.50, while supplies last.

Hey Bryan, I've never been, but it's in my neighborhood and "free is a very good price." Want to rally the PDX carvers?
    ----------------------------------------
    "Is that more fun than snowboarding?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Hey Bryan, I've never been, but it's in my neighborhood and "free is a very good price." Want to rally the PDX carvers?
    You read my mind Dan.

There are a number of new alpine riders in the PDX area that I would love to introduce to some of the "Regulars".

You be up for that?

Quote Originally Posted by www.oldsnowboards.com View Post
    You read my mind Dan.

There are a number of new alpine riders in the PDX area that I would love to introduce to some of the "Regulars".

You be up for that?
    Sure! Friday night would probably be best for me, but I could flex either way.

Sure! Friday night would probably be best for me, but I could flex either way.
    Perhaps a post on last years MHM Ride board would reach more people?

I will personally email some of the new riders and see if they can make it.

Hey Brian, I'm afraid I have to bow out. I initially misread the event listing and thought it was both Friday and Saturday -- I see now it's just Friday. I'm out of town until Friday and I now have some family stuff to take care of when I get back.

If you do make it out there, please post your review of this year's Brr seasonal beer. That was the key draw for me, as you know fashion is not really my strong suit -- not sure the winter fashion show would have had much to offer me
    Last edited by Dan; November 15th, 2011 at 10:36 AM.

Hey Brian, I'm afraid I have to bow out. I initially misread the event listing and thought it was both Friday and Saturday -- I see now it's just Friday. I'm out of town until Friday and I now have some family stuff to take care of when I get back.

If you do make it out there, please post your review of this year's Brr seasonal beer. That was the key draw for me, as you know fashion is not really my strong suit -- not sure the winter fashion show would have had much to offer me
    Hi Dan. No worries, I accidently got a job. Unfortunately it is in Hillsboro. So I am doing the 1-1/2 + drive home every night in heavy traffic. Ends up being better than a 12 day. Having not worked in months, it is a bit of a shock I think I am going to just relax when I get home for the next few weeks. Not having done construction work for a while , it is kicking my ass pretty good. Interesting, intense work, amazing site and great
    guys to work with. Enjoy the family!!

http://www.skihood.com/Events-and-Te...y=18&category=

Anyone been to one of these?

Widmer Brothers Brewing Big Chill '11
    Time:9:00 PM - 1:00 AM
    Location:Grand Central Restaurant and Bowling Lounge 808 SE Morrison Ave., Portland, OR 97214
    Category:Music+Entertainment
    Organizer:Widmer Brothers Brewing
    Web Address:Big Chill '11
    Kick off the winter snow season in style at the Big Chill, a celebration of the best of the Northwest presented by Widmer Brothers Brewing. Join Widmer Brothers for an evening of local craft beer -- including Brrr, the brewery’s winter seasonal -- music, art and fashion at Grand Central Restaurant and Bowling Lounge, beginning at 9 p.m.
    • The night will include music from DEELAY CEELAY, a Portland-based duo that fuses live instrumentation with synched projected visuals blurring the lines between music, experimental film and performance, while creating an awesome and engaging experience for their audiences.
    •Check out the latest winter styles in a fashion show produced by Portland’s Jillian Rabe, LLC featuring winter, street and outerwear including lines from: Compound, U.S. Outdoor Store and Antic.
    •The silent auction is back this year; this time, benefitting Mountain Wave Search and Rescue! Local artists have been asked to create awesome winter-themed works of art from used snowboards, toboggans, and sleds. Guests at the Big Chill will be asked to vote on their favorite works of art and winning artists will receive prizes like a custom-designed Revolution Snowboard, Mt. Hood Meadows lift tickets, or a weekend getaway to Sunriver Resort. Attendees will also have a chance to get in on the prizes just for voting!
    •Snow-junkies can also get their pictures taken at the Big Chill photo booth while warming up with a pint of cold Brrr.

Admission to the Big Chill ’11 is free. Custom Widmer Brothers glassware for the event will be free with the purchase of a Brrr Seasonal Ale for $3.50, while supplies last.
    Hey Bryan I am in for meeting up friday ! I havent been following BOL much lately but just saw your post. I work till 6pm but could practically walk from my work there. Let me know if you will make it ? If you wanted to just meet earlier instead of hillsburro-pdx-couv-and back to pdx commute let me know...

Ps. We could hit up upright brewing , then amnesia, then white eagle, and then hit widmer next door

Jim
    Last edited by P06781; November 16th, 2011 at 06:39 PM.

Also any bets on when will MHM OPEN !

Any thoughts on what conditions could be the week before Christmas? Thinking about hanging out in Portland for a week then.
    - Erik

Sure , it will be:

Quote Originally Posted by thebionicman View Post
    Any thoughts on what conditions could be the week before Christmas? Thinking about hanging out in Portland for a week then.
    It will be 26 degrees, 5" of new snow, 45" base. Moderate wind and crowded on Saturday.

http://www.skihood.com/The-Mountain/Conditions

From MHM Site / Snow Pack update / 11/18/2011

Wow. 23" in the last 24 hours. It looks awesome up here, and it's still snowing. Stay tuned for possible lift additions...
    20°Mt. Hood Meadows Base Area Weather Station @ 5250'
    Friday, Nov. 18 at 02:20 PM

Temperature: 20° F (-6° C)
    Base Snow Depth: 39

Top of Mt. Hood Express Weather Station @ 6600'

Temperature: 14° F (-9° C)
    Wind: Southwest at 18 mph (29 km/h)

Top of Cascade Express Weather Station @ 7300'

Temperature: 16° F (-8° C)
    Wind: Southwest at 0 mph (0 km/h)

New Snow Past 24 Hours: 23
    New Snow Past 12 Hours: 12
    Mid Snow Depth: 38

Beat!

Quote Originally Posted by P06781 View Post
    Also any bets on when will MHM OPEN !
    Saturday?

Hi Jim. Ended up not working today (it was an optional overtime day). I am needing some recovery time from my first full week doing construction work again. Bryan

Meadows is opening Sat with buttery cup and easily riding. I am hoping for more by Monday and Tuesday ! Perhaps the bowls and star could be open ? right ? otherwise Tline touring up to zigzag weather depending ....

Widmer tonight at 9? Anyone ? Free pint glass with a beer?

Saturday?

Hi Jim. Ended up not working today (it was an optional overtime day). I am needing some recovery time from my first full week doing construction work again. Bryan
    Working thru sunday so need to wait till monday ? Sunday looks great for touring and bet MHM will open more by then ? Seems like if they have 36" usaully they open the bowls . Will be fun to get a few turns in !

Any Reports?

Jim and I got our "Brrr" pint glasses and a few extras

Studded Snow tires on - Check
    Load truck with gear - Check
    Top off washer fluid - Check
    Bring boots in to warm - Check
    Seasons Pass - Check

Any reports from the opening weekend of POW????

I booked flights. I'll be out there the week before Christmas.
    - Erik

Cool, give us a reminder. Where are you staying? Portland , Hood River?

Going up weekdays? Know your way around?

Bryan
    I'll probably ride a during the weekdays. I am staying in Portland at a buddies place. I am getting a rental car so I can get around. Though while actually in Portland having a car is pretty much not needed.
    - Erik

Quote Originally Posted by thebionicman View Post
    I'll probably ride a during the weekdays. I am staying in Portland at a buddies place. I am getting a rental car so I can get around. Though while actually in Portland having a car is pretty much not needed.
    Make sure you rent a awd car or something that could use chains .

Jim and I got our "Brrr" pint glasses and a few extras

Studded Snow tires on - Check
    Load truck with gear - Check
    Top off washer fluid - Check
    Bring boots in to warm - Check
    Seasons Pass - Check

Any reports from the opening weekend of POW????
    Hey it was really nice riding with you on Monday Bryan ! We had really pretty good conditions for the first day . Good soft snow with a little fresh on the groomers. Got the cobwebs out of my legs ! Nice Ninkasi tricerahops on tap at the alpenstub for apres ski ! We will have to work on our apres ski tailgating plan.

Rode today , 10" superwet cement ! Rainsnow mix at base, planned on getting soaked! However got 8 good runs on Star top to bottom "powder" with great at the top , getting sticky at the bottom. Overall good basebuilding snow for meadows and for my riding legs !

Hey Jim, yes!! It was a good day for sure!!! No crowds, good coverage, the snow surface was softer on the groomers than I expected. The groomed runs with a few inches on top were SWEET!!!

Glad you got some good runs today before it got too wet. I am guessing it was more fun than I had

Yes, plan on it!!

Bryan
    Last edited by www.oldsnowboards.com; November 22nd, 2011 at 06:22 PM.

Share the local good deals??

Had a thought.

Pretty sure it would not be appropriate for this thread so I started one on the "Off Topic" forum area.

Idea? Share those really good deals you bump into in the Portland / Vancouver/ Hood River area??

Rode Sunday with my daughter on skiis . They are starting to need a little snow with some bare spots showing on south facing slopes . The "ski" carving was pretty fun on Star . Below cascade was really nice too. Overall it was fun for my daughters first day . My ski muscles got worked .... Snow sport cross training is good for the soul!

BTW Bryan when are you going to bodyworlds brains?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information