Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: N.i.c.e. 2012

Talking N.i.c.e. 2012

Nearly all of the usual suspects gathered for a great picnic and a productive meeting about organizing a great event for 2012.That and some fun wake boarding(which I have not done in 10 years) all took place in a place I should have been to sooner.Garfield Bay is a sweet little base to spend a day at the lake from.Thanks to Kram for supplying and driving the boat!

I am excited at the prospects discussed for N.I.C.E. 2012.Stay tuned for news/discussion on this thread.:-)

BTW It's actually Russ(pusbag) Troy(b0ardski) and Mark(Kram) running the show but some of us are helping out with video and clinics and such...
    Last edited by Steve Prokopiw; August 29th, 2011 at 05:06 PM.

NICE Update

Had a few meetings now. Got an itinerary hashed out, will post as soon as it is finalized. Going to be way better than last year which was well enjoyed and attended.Adding more too it rather than taking away. Mainly rearranging things for better flow. Will be finalizing everything with Schweitzer next week. Going to be basically the same as far as dates and times Feb 20 - 26. Mon - Sun. Hope everybody has had a wonderful summer, even though I wished the snow never melted. More too come soon! P.S. It is called the North Idaho Carving Event so as much as Steve would like to give us credit he is as much involved as any of us. Thanks Bro!!!
    In Ruts We Trust

N.I.C.E. Update: 9-5-12

Howdy Fellow Rutmaker's,
    Almost got our calander of events for the week finalized. Was up at Schweitzer yesterday and i will do a meeting with the resorts management and finalize the calander later this week. Will post the calander as soon as it is ready. Going to be lots of new stuff this year like a few clinics to either improve your skills or try hardboots for the first time.There will also ge a ton of giveaways,raffles,a band,and other festivities during our totaly gnarly dinner party on friday night. Should be great odds to win a new deck and have alot of fun. Will keep it somewhat cost effective, hoping to keep it $20 or less for everything except drinks but including dinner. Schweitzer approved this event for us last year with a review every two years. We had a strong first year with 40+ carvers coming from all around the USA !! We need to have as big of a turnout as we can in hopes of securing us a spot to host a annual event from now on. Please pass on the word and help keep carving alive in the snowboard world!!!
    In Ruts We Trust

Had a great time last year.
    I will try and make it again and hopefully bring others from the Seattle area.

Thanks for organizing this!
    First time on a snowboard on my 40th birthday. My goal is to find out how old I can be and still carve it up!

I just have one request to make it better..... who has it in with Mother Nature???? brrrrrr........

I'll be there.... probably not the whole week, but I'll be there somehow.... as far as I'm concerned, the early load made it all worthwhile!

Early Loads Kick Ass

By far the early loads were very fun and will definitely be happening again this year. I will be talking with Schweitzer soon and will try for more early load privledges and see about renting our own run for the day as well. Feel free to post ideas on here we are flexible that way. About the weather I also hope it isn't so cold and don't think I can say that about the powder though. Once a pow pig always a pow pig.
    Last edited by Pusbag; September 12th, 2011 at 10:00 PM.
    In Ruts We Trust

32*

First freezing temps of the season today, something about that 1st frost that gets the jones goin'

looks like another week or two of "indian summer" for us though (good for working)

Bluebird & chalky cord for early load was pretty special but I too would wish for something like a balmy 20* instead of 0*

The condo with seven beds will be available again. I will work out a definitive cost breakdown with Fran to avoid last years confusion It's a short shuttle ride or uphill walk from the village & a couple 100yrds from the ski access trail.
    Last edited by b0ardski; October 2nd, 2011 at 02:46 PM.
    N.I.C.E. at Schwietzer
    metal binders, plastic boots, powder snow, vive la glisse
    "
    Any cat can make cord. Only God can make powder." John E

Talking Hey N.I.C.E. Guys...

Is it snowing up top yet?! Just askin cuz it's 1:00 am,I've had a couple and I wanna go snowboarding...Get on with the snow dance!

N.I.C.E. meets Nucks....?

Looks like we might be swithching venues from WTF to NICE this year boys (kicking tires anyway...) for a bit of a change up. We went to Scweitzer 20 years ago but I can't remember much of the trip.... There was an energy drink called Pabst Blue Ribbon that maybe had something to do with that I think.....?

My buddy Bruce and I are thinkin g about joining you guys if we're welcome. Is there LOTS of beer at the resort?

We'd like to stay on hill, ski in/ski out scenario. Suggestions? We'd like to stay at a hotel with a hot tub in it (them bones need some soothin after ruttin), doesnt have to be ultra swank but would like to stay somewhere reasonable. Any hook ups to be had through the event or local knowledge? Suggestions?

I assume this is a fairly quiet week at the hill (no holidays or spring breaks or anything?)

Lemme know boys.

Look forward to riding at your spot! hopefully not a lot of

K

dates?

is the week you guys are proposing presidents week? Feb 20-26?

Wink Canukistan Carvers are allowed

Hey Kurt, Glad to hear there'll be an "international contingent" here in the wilds of North Idaho. Schwietzer has significant upgrades since 20yrs but we still count on peebrrr (i.e. breakfast of champion snobums).
    http://www.schweitzer.com/mountain/trail-maps/

Yes we kick off on presidents day but the mid-week "crowds" are minimal.
    There is a 20% discount on in village condos with hot tub and pool access by discount code(last year was "trench") when you book online.
    http://www.schweitzer.com/plan-your-...dging-options/

Fri. & Sat. night will be the Outrageous Air Show where pro & semi pro aerialists put on a show w/fireworks right above the village.

more details when the season draws near and we lock things up with Schwietzer mngmt.
    p.s. early loads kick a$$ don't drink too much the night before
    Last edited by b0ardski; October 2nd, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
    N.I.C.E. at Schwietzer
    "

Quote Originally Posted by b0ardski View Post
    early loads kick a$$ don't drink too much the night before
    well put!

condos?

Are the condos part of Schwietzer mountain holdings? Any chance of a discount at one of those places at all?

Glades 3A looks pretty good but a little spendy for the crew.

Thx guys

Kurt

The Glades are rented thru schwietzer, but only the selkirk & white pine in the village are available for our group dsicount. There are other/cheaper ski in/ski out condos available thru Schwietzer but private hot tub may be a crap shoot.
    The glades are slope side under the beginner chair about 200-300m downslope from the village (easy crawl from the Taps).
    1/3 way down the beginner chair 2 (musical chairs) on the trail map, great warm up run.
    Lit for night skiing fri. & sat.

Pinnacle ridge would be the next best bet for easy skiout and "crawl from the pub" village access.
    Last edited by b0ardski; October 3rd, 2011 at 07:30 AM.
    N.I.C.E. at Schwietzer
    "

Wink Come on, big canuck...

Isn't your money worth like twice as much as ours?;-) Pony up to the hot tub time machine!

[QUOTE=b0ardski;351848
    The condo with seven beds will be available again. I will work out a definitive cost breakdown with Fran to avoid last years confusion:confused[/QUOTE]

My wife is interested in joining me. Casual skier type.
    Any chance for me to book that upper bed/loft area?
    Thanks!
    First time on a snowboard on my 40th birthday. My goal is to find out how old I can be and still carve it up!

hey Andy

first come first served
    Would love to see a couple get the master bedroom so it's yours for the asking at this point.
    Haven't talked to Fran yet but I'll call her later in the week and post more info then.
    your wife would luv skiing w/mrs b0ardski then, though I'm not sure which days Becki will be skiing that week.
    Last edited by b0ardski; October 4th, 2011 at 06:58 AM.
    N.I.C.E. at Schwietzer
    "

More questions...

How bout Black Diamond#3? says its less than 1/4 mile from the village... How far to the hill/lift are talkin? Have you guys ever stayed at a ski place with a personal hot tub in/off your room? Its pretty freakin sweet.

SP Hot tub time machine baby, you know it! Our dollar was on par with you guys but you guys are creeping up...

Still workin it
    Last edited by big canuck; November 3rd, 2011 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan Guy View Post
    Thanks!
    Don't forget, there is no bathroom up there... might like the big room downstairs better.... unless they are full and someone needs the extra bed in that room!

N.I.C.E. Update

Howdy all,
    Still hashing out a few things with schweitzer management on some fun new additions to the event. I will post a schedule soon. Going to be the same as last year with a few additions except no cat skiing. I no longer work for them. We need as big a turnout as we can since the mtn. Reviews our event at the end of season. We had 40+ riders for our first year let's shoot for 80+.
    In Ruts We Trust

Work it, hussler. I know you guys will get the hook up for us. Looking for to it.

mike

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan Guy View Post
    Thanks!
    Sadly, my wife has bowed out. She asked me "Won't it be a bunch of dudes who only want to talk about alpine snowboarding?" All I could say was "...yeah, that's about right." Too bad because she carves it up on skis.

Andy, I would suggest looking at the Holiday Inn in Ponderay - I stayed there for two nights before a bed opened in the condo last year, and it's pretty nice -- indoor hot tub, and pretty substantial breakfast buffet included with the room.
    ----------------------------------------
    "Is that more fun than snowboarding?"

uh, right..... and you probably don't want to tell her that it's not ALL "dudes"

Maybe I should bring my skiis this year.... I've got a pair of Fisher slalom skis that are just WAY fun!!!!

Talk with Schweitzer some today. Mostly the same as last year 20% off lift tickets, snowboard gates in the nastar, 10% of lodging. A better deal is the 4th night free thing. http://www.schweitzer.com/plan-your-vacation/vacation-packages/4th-night-free/
    Early loads 2 days for sure. Posebly 4 days of early loads

Thumbs up Early Loads are NICE!

Amazing and super cool that they are ok with us destroying a run before the skidders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Sadly, my wife has bowed out. She asked me "Won't it be a bunch of dudes who only want to talk about alpine snowboarding?" All I could say was "...yeah, that's about right." Too bad because she carves it up on skis.

Andy, I would suggest looking at the Holiday Inn in Ponderay - I stayed there for two nights before a bed opened in the condo last year, and it's pretty nice -- indoor hot tub, and pretty substantial breakfast buffet included with the room.
    Well now my wife has also bowed out but....I have a free hall pass for that week. Art moved to CO this past summer so I need to rally some others from the Seattle area to share driving expenses or drive solo.

Hey guys,
    I'm now in southern OR. Whats the zip for this mountain/ easiest access? Long drive? Short plane?

10000 Schweitzer mountain road Sandpoint ID 83864. Itís about a 9 hr drive from Bachelor. You can fly into Spokane WA, itís a 2 hr drive from there.

Quote Originally Posted by xxguitarist View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm now in southern OR. Whats the zip for this mountain/ easiest access? Long drive? Short plane?
    I drove from Portland last year, and I think it clocked in around 7-8 hours. It was a tough drive, with very wintery conditions. We'll likely be doing it again this year, and may have an extra spot in the car if you're interested in car pooling (though you'd have to meet us in Portland). Flying into Spokane would save quite a bit of time, and you should be able to hitch a ride / share a car rental from there.
    ----------------------------------------
    "Is that more fun than snowboarding?"

Rocks! What rocks?

Gouged the crap out of the base on my custom prior 4x4 ! Good news is it is fixed and ready to ride again and now I need Donnek to make me a custom carver when he comes to nice next year.
    In Ruts We Trust

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information