Thread: Snow King

Hybrid View

Snow King

So we are told that operations passed from Snow King Resort to a non profit called Friends of Snow King on May 1, and that the Land Trust will be buying 35 acres at the base and deeding it to the non profit. Summer lift service just started up (originally they weren't going to run this summer) so that is a good sign. No word yet on pass prices, hours/days of operation or anything else for next winter, so we'll just have to wait and see.....
    'It's not every day that's a blessing. Every breath is a blessing.' - Jimmy Zell

Thats great news. Hope it works out for them, be a shame to lose the place.
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

NJ Exit 3 (Over 3.00" of Powder Annually)

Thumbs up Skes 2011

Hopefully
    Don't tell me, "Show Me"
    765 grams = 1.6865 lbs. or 26.985 oz.

And the bad news is.... apparently the ink was not as dry on that deal as they made it sound. Snow King Resort took back operations of the hill this summer, the non-profit group dissolved, and now the entire resort is up for sale. Snow King says they plan to operate the hill this winter, but are hinting that hours/days/services may be scaled back. That would suck, as the grooming budget was already cut by 50% last year. Doubt it will get any better for next season.....

As for SkES, the future is uncertain. Advance bookings are down, and the organizers aren't sure about taking on the monumental task of putting the event on for yet another year. Given the likelihood of abysmal conditions at the King next season, there is some talk of changing the format a bit - maybe turn it into a Wydaho "Power of Four" event that takes the participants to Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Grand Targhee and Kelly Canyon as well as the fabled King. Perhaps the updated format will spark some renewed interest....?
    Last edited by two_ravens; August 16th, 2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: can't type in sentences
    'It's not every day that's a blessing. Every breath is a blessing.' - Jimmy Zell

Well. Poo. That's a bummer.
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I maybe able to make the Targhee and Kelly's days. I can stay with my sis in Ririe.
    I think I will spend more time on the carving stick, not sticks, this year.

Thread Information