Thread: Gear to loan

Gear to loan

Please post in this thread if you have gear you are willing to loan out for free. Please include a description of the gear. Photos not necessary.

Please DO NOT post in this thread if you are looking for gear. Contact any gear owners via email.

Bomber Industries is not liable or responsible for loaned gear.
    Last edited by Jack Michaud; February 17th, 2011 at 01:01 PM.
    new here? check out the Welcome Center and FAQs

I have gear to lend in Ottawa

156 Proton Oxygen - great learner board, currently being borrowed by a friend, but he is itching to get his own gear and I can get it off him easily

186 Donek Race Tucker - hard and very big

Ottawa Loan Items

Volkl GS 173 Renntiger*
    Volkl SL 158 Renntiger*
    Oxygen 170 Dangerous*
    Surf Politix 163 with Rossignol standard bail bindings

*I have an extra set of step-in bindings that I can install on any of these boards.

-Brian
    Last edited by GoofyFoot; September 29th, 2011 at 10:29 AM.

Now that the ball is rolling

Boards
    Stuf Accelerator 141cm (brand new, so more of a try and buy)
    '98 Burton FP 200s 160cm
    Oxygen Apex 165cm
    Santa Cruz Race Carve 167cm (currently on loan)
    Prior 4WD 174cm
    Nidecker Custom GS 183cm
    Skinny Coiler Schtubby 171/19/13.2(temp trade for equiv metal board preferred)

Boots
    Burton MGX 9 or 9.5 not sure
    Raichle 323 29.0 shells (could scrape together liners of some sort)

Bindings

Burton Rental Race Plates w/ 3 and 4 hole discs (on loan, fingerless size adjustment)
    TD2 SI (I'd have to know you somehow....)

I have a pile of new TD2 parts if any locals are ever in a pinch too

Misc

XL helmet
    XL pants

looking for gear

Hi All.
    I have returned to snowboarding last winter following a 17 year break due to life requirements,(school,carreer,house kids etc.) I spent the winter teaching my oldest daughter to board, and she is loving it, however, riding a 152 freestyle twin is driving me nuts. I am kooking for a well priced set of bindings and boots for next season to run on my 169 carve board. I would prefer something softer in a binding (snowpro type, not td type.) and am not overly pickey about boot flex, as long as they fit 26-26.5 mondo. I would like to deal locally (in/near Ottawa) before spending money elsewhere.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Graham

^ Graham - if you don't get a response locally, go ahead and post in the open classifieds what you're looking for. There's not an abundance of gear around here, and my experiences with our American friends have been very positive for used gear. When looking for bindings, I really encourage you to buy something that allows you to adjust the toe and heel lift, at a minimum. Make sure to ask what wedges and stack plates come with the bindings. While the TD3's are expensive, I highly recommend them for any weight or ability level. I chose the softest yellow elastomers and they have a beautiful, damp flex to them (especially if you select regular bails instead of step-in). I'm 165lbs, and ride with more finesse than power. Happy gear hunting!

I have a Sims Carve2 board that is set up with easy-to-adjust Snowpro bindings for people to try. It's a 167cm with moderate stiffness and side-cut. It's a great way for newbies to try carving with ski boots.

My own equipment is also available for loan to friends:
    • 173cm Burton Factory Prime, 13m SCR, stiffer
    • 171cm Coiler Stubby, 13m SCR, softer
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Ian M; September 14th, 2011 at 06:55 PM.

Hi Ian.
    Thanks for the reply. I have arranged with Brian(goofy foot) to purchas a set of Catek os2 bindings, and am nearing completion of my home made freecarve board. All I am in need of now is a decent pair of boots. I believe I should get a 26-26.5 boot, but after reading all the posts here about sizing, I will need to try on a few sizes before blindly ordering something from the interweb.

I dont consider myself a new carver, I stopped riding seventeen years ago due to life requirements and have returned last season to start teaching my daughtor. Before I quit I was riding an Agression Stealth assymetric and doing quite well with it. I am riding a 152 twin for teaching right now which works well when you have to chase a six year old all over the hill, but on those days that I get out on my own I greatly miss the layed over turnes. It will probably take me a few runs to get back to where I was.

If you hear of any leads on boots in the area please let me know.
    Hopefully this season I will be able to make it out to meet you guys from the area.
    Graham

Wow... I'd like to hear more about the homemade board sometime. Glad you found the bindings; the Cateks certainly are adjustable.

I'll keep my ears open for boots. Looking forward to riding together sometime!

Cheers

Just curious, how does the gear loan work? Ian, would you hold the gear for when I need it, or do I hold on to it until I no longer need it/decide to give it back?

It's flexible, Johhny. Right now there are several people who would like to try carving gear, so loans are likely to be shorter than normal. I already told Ben I'd loan him the race plate bindings you'll use at the next session, so I can't leave them with you right now. We'll try to leave a complete loaner rig with someone every week after the session though, so that they can get a few days in on it!

Cheers,

Ian

Sounds good, I was just wondering as I'll be heading to Tremblant this weekend.

Lots of gear available to borrow if anyone needs something this season

Boards

Mix from 156cm to 183cm

Boots

Burton MGX 9 or 9.5 not sure
    Deeluxe Indy 28.0 (shells)

Bindings

Assorted standard bindings (Burton,Rossi,Nitro,etc)

I have a pile of new TD2 parts if any locals are ever in a pinch too

What do you have in SL or GS boards? I'm looking to borrow something for Dec 6-8 if possible.

Updated loaner gear:
    • Sims 168 Carve 2, moderate stiffness and sidecut, great board to try carving on. I use this as my rock board, but it is in great shape, and comes with SnoPro bindings that I've added toe and heel lift to.
    • Burton 173 Factory Prime, 173 x 20cm, R13, *soft conditions only* (base is worn a little convex) I have 3D center disks for TD3 bindings, but no bindings on it.

Cheers!

I have a pair of Deeluxe Supra's size 28-30.5 up for loan, I would like to sell them at some point but up for grabs to anyone looking to come out to our boarding sessions.

Name:  deeluxe_suzuka.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  40.9 KB

Thread Information