Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aspen or Bust Part Duex revisited!

Raven sighting...

So a question... driving north on hwy 191, a bit north of I-70, I was passed by a silvery van, Alaska license plates, the driver waving & raven hands out the passenger window = McDougall and Digger Jr maybe? Gave me a good chuckle for sure!!!
    'It's not every day that's a blessing. Every breath is a blessing.' - Jimmy Zell

SES Demos?

OK. Fun is over, now you tell us what new boards you rode last week.

Thank you all for great time. Places and people to be missed...
    New memory's.

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueB View Post
    "Honney, some people collect stickers, some collect cars, some collect... girlfriends."

Quote Originally Posted by Ladia View Post
    Conditions were tough for aggressive carving with lots of soft snow for the first 5 days, but it really firmed up for the last 2. I only ever get to ride on very hard snow at home so I didn't want to test many boards in soft conditions.

SG 185 review here: http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulleti...290#post338290

Other notable boards I tried in firm conditions:
    Donek WC GS 180-something - Big and very damp. Seemed to change radius more by shifting weight fore-aft than by edge angle. Generally hauls butt and holds an edge nicely. Not a freecarve board (duh!) but would be perfect if you like going really fast without any drama from the board.

Donek fiberglass 171 FCII - Snappy! Very tight turn radius in the nose, would turn on a dime if you weighted the front. It felt like the nose was always trying to turn a bunch tighter than the rest of the board regardless of where you weighted the edge, but maybe I wasn't on my 'A' game.

Coiler 180 VSR Asym - 'Mid+' sidecut (I think), turns tighter than my older 182 Monster with the 14/15m sidecut. The Asym core requires a more centered riding style; loading the nose tends to over-flex it on heelsides. Still a quite versatile and easy-to-ride board.

Coiler 177 VSR - Fun board with the 'Mid' sidecut. This could be a fun every day board. I'd have a hard time deciding between the 180 VSR and this one if I had to, completely depends one how tight you want to turn.

I still loved going back to my Coiler 167 VSR for soft and choppy conditions, and the ever-mellow 182 Monster for nice groom and higher speeds.

I put Bomber's BoilerPlate on my Monster on a firm but choppy snow day - It works as advertised! I was able to rail through stuff that was bucking me out of carves earlier in the day. Like everyone says, it's really easy to get a false sense of confidence and get moving faster than you should be as the board doesn't throw you around as much. Board tracking on dead-flat cat tracks was a challenge, it seemed like it was always trying to engage one edge or the other. Others told me that goes away with experience. If I lived somewhere where the groom gets chopped up quick or there is poor grooming, I'd buy a plate in a second. I thought it had nice effects on perfect groom, but I prefer the feedback of a naked board when you aren't fighting bumpy surfaces.
    Corey

Steve's SES2011 Photos

http://s1007.photobucket.com/albums/...ecsky/SES2011/

Password: Carving

You can download the high-res image by clicking on the desired thumbnail image then hover your mouse pointer over the picture and select File -> Download (original size).

Feel free to send me a direct email via Bomber if you have any questions.

I'm having Aspen withdrawals.

Quote Originally Posted by Riceball View Post
    Password not accepted, it says TOO MANY FAILED LOGINS

RT

Quote Originally Posted by CarvingScooby View Post
    Password not accepted, it says TOO MANY FAILED LOGINS

RT
    It states to Try again later. I'm getting the same thing. I'll try taking the password off later, but I think the site is just too busy at the moment.

It states to Try again later. I'm getting the same thing. I'll try taking the password off later, but I think the site is just too busy at the moment.
    Password works, I was able to get in. Make sure you accept cookies and javascript. If you get the try again later, wait 15 minutes or so.
    "There is no spoon."

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

2 Ravens sighting

Yes it was the clown van with smoooothdougall and team red. Still have post partum depression, although my legs are happy. So inspiring to see and talk to so many strong riders.

Big Air Mac keeping it on the ground:
    Name:  DSC_0092.JPG
Views: 612
Size:  83.6 KB

Raven preparing for takeoff:

Name:  DSC_0279-1.JPG
Views: 602
Size:  94.5 KB

Ace making it look easy:

Name:  DSC_0316-1.JPG
Views: 611
Size:  84.9 KB

More

Big Al charging hard:

Name:  DSC_0298.JPG
Views: 593
Size:  84.1 KB

Karvlow...... Waaaaaaay low:

Name:  DSC_0385.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  59.8 KB

Rico Suave` hard at work:

Name:  DSC_0344.JPG
Views: 600
Size:  75.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by digger jr View Post
    Rico Suave` hard at work:
    RRRRRRRICOOOOOOO
    Rippin' with rednecks down in Possum's Pouch.... SkiNC

Quote Originally Posted by two_ravens View Post
    So a question... driving north on hwy 191, a bit north of I-70, I was passed by a silvery van, Alaska license plates, the driver waving & raven hands out the passenger window = McDougall and Digger Jr maybe? Gave me a good chuckle for sure!!!
    HA HA HA HA

It lives on.....
    Expert in particular carvers with special needs

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    RRRRRRRICOOOOOOO
    McDougall captured an all to common sighting of Paul hard at work.
    I'm sure his line was: "How you doing baby doll?"
    Paul your new nickname is going to stick.

Quote Originally Posted by two_ravens View Post
    More please! (Wish I were headed back now instead of unloading the car....)
    Me too! Was awesome to ride with you and I wish I could have taken more runs just us girls as I think I can learn a lot from you. sKes next year, and hopefully something in between!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffV View Post
    Uh...that's Mr Stratton to you.

Mr world famous alpine snowboarder, Mr. Stratton, not for hire
    Rippin' with rednecks down in Possum's Pouch.... SkiNC

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    Mr world famous alpine snowboarder, Mr. Stratton, not for hire
    but will sell himself for the right price.

what!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffV View Post
    What's the matter? Have you never fallen down as a good looking woman rides by on her snowboard?
    (Tpalka is not going to like this )

Thanks for the picture Digger, it may be the only evidence that I was at Buttermilk friday..

To everyone else: Thanks for another great week in Aspen. I had a fantastic time with everyone I met. Hope we can all return next year and do it again!!
    The journey is the destination.

Thanks for the photo! Any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladia View Post
    SG 185 Full Race w Bomber Boiler Plate - very smooth. A bit heavy when picking board up, but not really noticeable when on your feet. Definitely felt like the plate was smoothing the terrain out a bit.

Virus 174 GS w some plastic adjustable bindings - absolutely brutal. Mega stiff. Transferred all the slop to between my ill-fitting boots and my shins. I was pretty much in pain trying to ride it, and the trenches that I kept hitting when trying to get to the race course were killing me. When I took it down the race-course it got me down the race course with ease. So, it does what it's designed to do, I'm just not sure I can stand the pain of riding it. It's a shame, as I really wanted to like it. It's one of the best looking boards out there.

Donek 185GS w TD3 SW's - also quite stiff, and didn't seem to go too well on crud or chopped stuff. Once I had it up to speed on smooth stuff, it faired very very well and was quite enjoyable to ride. I took it for about 3 runs, and when I stayed on the groomers I was happy.

Coiler 185 black asym core w TD3 SW's - OMG, I'm in love. Don't know what it is, but Coiler boards seem to work so well for me. The board was user-friendly. Super smooth to ride. No harshness at all. The de-cambered nose seemed to flap a bit at speed (think that could be improved). Overall I'd buy one of these in the cliched heartbeat.

Me and the Boyz.....

....Had a blast! Thanks to everyone who made this year's SES a huge success.

They say it takes a village to raise a kid, and I really felt like y'all were our village during our stay. Thanks for all the support everyone gave the kids (and me). They both said they improved their free carving 100%, and I think that's a conservative estimation.

There I go usin' them big words again....

Anyhoo- thanks again and please post up any and all pics and videos you might have so I can steal them for the boys' portfolios.

p.s.: They are both starting blogs so I'll post their URLs for anyone who's interested.

p.s.s.: Todd, I do owe you a t-handle!

p.p.s.s.: I left our tuning vise thingy behind at the Inn at Aspen. If anyone's coming from Aspen to Steamboat, please let me know...
    Life is riding; everything else is waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Winters View Post
    ....Had a blast! Thanks to everyone who made this year's SES a huge success.

They say it takes a village to raise a kid, and I really felt like y'all were our village during our stay. Thanks for all the support everyone gave the kids (and me). They both said they improved their free carving 100%, and I think that's a conservative estimation.

There I go usin' them big words again....

Anyhoo- thanks again and please post up any and all pics and videos you might have so I can steal them for the boys' portfolios.

p.s.: They are both starting blogs so I'll post their URLs for anyone who's interested.

p.s.s.: Todd, I do owe you a t-handle!

p.p.s.s.: I left our tuning vise thingy behind at the Inn at Aspen. If anyone's coming from Aspen to Steamboat, please let me know...
    Those boys RIP! Definitely showing us a thing or two or three...

Angie can maybe pick up whatever you left at the Inn, and we'll at least get it to Bomber for ya. There'll be someone going to Steamboat from here.

Thanks again Dave for your sponsorship! Your gifts are definitely one of the sought-after things at the banquet , and we love having the boys and you with us all week!

Quote Originally Posted by scrutton View Post
    Coiler 185 black asym core w TD3 SW's - OMG, I'm in love. Don't know what it is, but Coiler boards seem to work so well for me. The board was user-friendly. Super smooth to ride. No harshness at all. The de-cambered nose seemed to flap a bit at speed (think that could be improved). Overall I'd buy one of these in the cliched heartbeat.
    It's actually a 180, not 185. I got the same flappiness until I moved my front binding 1 cm forward, then it was gone

Quote Originally Posted by Paulk View Post
    (Tpalka is not going to like this )
    Paul, thanks for paying attention and keeping all the wolves and the vultures away. Of course, I had Jimmy as backup too

snowcat footage

I finally got the snowcat footage up.
    Sean Martin - president/founder
    Donek Snowboards Inc.
    smartin@donek.com
    www.donek.com
    phone:877-53-DONEK

You can download the high-res image by clicking on the desired thumbnail image then hover your mouse pointer over the picture and select File -> Download (original size).

Wow Steve, Excellent work! Thank you!!!

Oh man Steve...you da man! Thanks for takin'em and postin'em

That makes me think of:
    Corey

Photobucket password issue

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information