Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aspen or Bust Part Duex revisited!

Milkland today

Mike from Mich., Mystery Woman Carver, Mike D, John B, made the most of a deserted Milk today
    Watching two cats working Tiehack side right now for tomorrow...

Rode up the chair with Teddy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5DaClXOsaw
    but of course, I use the Pseudomorph Style of Snowboarding

wow looks like you have a terrible view from where you live !
    Ernie

Nice video Sean! I wish I could counter with some GoPro footage of my own, but you know how that one goes...

Great photos Kelly! I had no idea I was on camera. I like the POOF from the arm drag, haha. I def made the most of that day.

Snowmass was absolutely stellar today.

Tomorrow first tracks @ Ajax should be near perfection.

You bastards! It's been a month today since we had even a cloud in the sky, let alone snow. Still, the cord is cordy.

Carry on enjoying yourselves, you jammy sods.

Day 6 - Snowmass

Not many pics today, but another day of cold temps, sunshine and sweet groom! Though the rest of me is willing, my legs now have the strength of soggy kleenex - so decided to hang out at the demo tent a bit! Tried Angie's Coiler Classic yesterday afternoon and this morning, then switched to a Donek Free Carve 163, and then to completely finish off my legs, put a Donek plate on the FC for a couple of runs!

photos:
    1 & 2) Donek FreeCarve 163 with plate.
    3) Montucky rest stop - Little Debbies! Yum!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    'It's not every day that's a blessing. Every breath is a blessing.' - Jimmy Zell

Quote Originally Posted by softbootsailer View Post
    Mike from Mich., Mystery Woman Carver, Mike D, John B, made the most of a deserted Milk today
    Watching two cats working Tiehack side right now for tomorrow...

Rode up the chair with Teddy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5DaClXOsaw
    Beautiful!!! Teddy knows how to live right!
    'It's not every day that's a blessing. Every breath is a blessing.' - Jimmy Zell

Day 7 - Best day ever!!!

Really can't believe it's over, but it must be true because I'm almost out of ibuprofen! The session finished off with a perfect bluebird day and hero groom! Chilly again in the morning, warming in the afternoon - couldn't ask for a better day. Started off with First Tracks down Copper Bowl, then moving to Buttermilk - yum!

photos:
    1) The crew gathers at the base of the gondola.
    2) The fantastic view up top on a perfect day.
    3) Snowman ready to roll.

1) The youngest Winters boy carving it up!
    2) A sunny spot for the peanut gallery.
    3) Kenny, smooth as always.

1) ShredderJen demoing a Virus - looks like she's infected!
    2) Sean Martin of Donek Snowboards talking plates with BigDogDave.
    3) The smile that Sean put on BDD's face!

Really have to say the afternoon was probably my best day ever on a snowboard! Got a new Coiler VSR about a month ago, took it for 6 runs and.... hated it. To be fair, I was riding injured, in poor conditions & hadn't done any tuning on it, but I put it in a closet and whined for about a month anyway. But finally got it out, changed the tune and my binding setup and gave it another go on Friday at the Milk and... WOW! That board is like opening up a can of 'Instant Rockstar'! I finally kissed and made up with the Raven Sun board, and I have to say that make-up carving really is the best!!!

1) Ravens over Aspen.
    2) A little of the damage done at Buttermilk - and this was taken before noon!!! Good work everyone!

Bravo Boys and Girls

Cowabunga, what a Day at the Milk yesterday

The most Wonderful Carving going on I have seen so far at one time and place, all
    Stylin the Milk, safe journeys to all... It will take me the rest of the season to lay that much track on the hill at Milkland, but I will try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhgWgKKQy9Y
    but of course, I use the Pseudomorph Style of Snowboarding

Thank You!!!!

OK, a big shout out to everyone who made SES 2011 happen! A huge thanks to all the sponsors and manufacturers and helping hands and awesome riders and fun happy people who made this gathering so fantastic!!! Got to meet, hang out with, ride up & make turns with so many wonderful people from all over - what an amazing opportunity!

Biggest thanks of course to Fin & Michelle - you two are rock stars for sure to go through all the work of putting this on.

Quote Originally Posted by *Ace* View Post
    Nice video Sean! I wish I could counter with some GoPro footage of my own, but you know how that one goes...
    Ace - you must be thinking some pure thoughts, or living right or something!!! Hope to be seeing some awesome footy from the reincarnated GoPro sometime soon!

Tumbelina

After finding my camera 5 days later, on the mountain in the subzero temps I still had more than enough battery to shoot this one on the top of Buttermilk.

Last edited by *Ace*; August 14th, 2012 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by two_ravens View Post
    Really can't believe it's over
    Everyone's gone. I'm already sad. Come back!
    --------
    aka: PinkPanster.
    Disclaimer: married to Jim Callen.
    Don't hold me responsible for anything he posts.

Getting on the airplane right now. I feel like I have a snowboarding hangover.

My first SES was a blasty blast. The carving (especially the last two days) was sick!

Thanks Fin and Michelle for making all this goodness happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Everyone's gone. I'm already sad. Come back!
    I wanna I wanna I wanna.
    Expert in particular carvers with special needs

Talking

Did a little post session carving at highlands and buttermilk today. The snow was outrageously good but it's more fun when everyone is here. I'm happy to report that although they TRIED to groom out all the trenches we left at buttermilk, they couldn't get it all out, or even much of it for that matter.
    -queequeg

Snowmass Saturday

Ann and I rode Snowmass today. OMG it was good. We would really like to stay longer, but now we have to go home and work to pay for Brad and Alaina's education.

I'll hopefully start uploading all the photos tomorrow night, which means they should be available sometime Monday evening or Tuesday morning. I'll publish the download URL when the upload is complete.

We miss everyone already...

P.S. I suck at Bomber Jeopardy!

Quote Originally Posted by Riceball View Post
    P.S. I suck at Bomber Jeopardy!
    big time!
    but just like I said, less riding more BOL will help you win next year
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueB View Post
    "Honney, some people collect stickers, some collect cars, some collect... girlfriends."

Oh and apres apres-ski....

( I know I will pay for it )
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueB View Post
    "Honney, some people collect stickers, some collect cars, some collect... girlfriends."

Here is the last video played at the banquet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIHYdBomuTs Enjoy! It's still processing after the upload so the resolution is poor. It should be available in 720p HD in a few hours.

Thanks again to all the volunteers that make SES happen. See you again next year!
    Corey

sad to see the week end...it was a lot of fun in one week. I'll post a link to pics, when I have 'em uploaded.

So I made it home after 2 airports did NOT have a plane for me to get on.
    lots of beer, hot dog, chips, Cliff bar,6 Pepsi's and candy.
    Mr. Azweepay was on with me, He pulled his "Kress" hat over his eyes, put his hood up and went to sleep. I thought I heard him say " wait for it" what ever that means. then he giggled. the other passengers had a look like they just ate a bad piece of fish. if I didn't know better I think Mr. Azweepay was crop dusting the plane the whole way home!
    He told me to tell every one he had a great time
    Just believe

Highway Carving???

Really sucks to have SES over. Just super to have the chance to meet and ride with everyone!

During the 18 hr drive back to the flatlands I found my feet and legs doing tiny little heelside and toeside moves as I guided the car from lane to lane with the cruise control on. At one point I wondered why I wasn't changing lanes, pushed my toes harder and leaned a bit.... oh, right... steering wheel!

Endless thanks to ALL the organizers and supporters.
    just getting from A to B

Quote Originally Posted by bjvircks View Post
    During the 18 hr drive back to the flatlands I found my feet and legs doing tiny little heelside and toeside moves as I guided the car from lane to lane with the cruise control on. At one point I wondered why I wasn't changing lanes, pushed my toes harder and leaned a bit.... oh, right... steering wheel! .
    And I thought I was the only one who had this problem?! Next year I hope to finally make it out to SES.

What a great week

Thanks Michelle and Fin for once again hosting a great week of carving and thanks Sean, Frank and Bruce for the gear i rode, still like the snap of the Oly Freecarve best. I'm looking out at lake washington thinking about carving it up. Won't be back on the snow til the 26th in SV Idaho. Anne, Cathy and hopefully daughters will be carving with me. Anne says no skiing for her next year, just carving. See you next year, oh if your in Seattle look us up. It was great riding with all of you!
    work like you'll live forever, play like there's no tomorrow

Post SES blues!! Big thanks to all for a spectacular week.Great to see old friends and make new ones...made it to southern Montucky last night dredman and Johnasmo continued on to those far reaching Montucky northern lands...so they could ride the Big today.Big thanks to those northern Bros. Also big thanks to Finn, Michelle,Sean, Bruce, Frank and all who assisted them.Great time with great people ...thank you all....CARVE ON!!!!! until SES 2012!!

Just got home - picked up my sweet gimpy dog in Utah and managed to negotiate the deer/moose/elk/antelope/badger highway slalom, and came out sunny side up in the 18 wheeler roller derby!

So many good memories... learning to ride chop, remembering my powder skills with an awesome silly fun crew, a few super fun all-girl runs, meeting SBS & Milkman at Buttermilk, flying with the new Raven board on perfect groom the last afternoon....

More please! (Wish I were headed back now instead of unloading the car....)

post SES blues...sort of

Drove/slept on the road for 23 hours and then came home to two super cool and wonderful little boys and their mom.I loved SES and already miss riding with great people on great goomed,but...

... today at Silver was bluebird and firm;even the familiar ridges of the crappy grooming on the steeps around chair 3 seemed to welcome me home.Add a two hour hardboot lesson with Max (who is lookin good)on the always nice grooming out at chair 4 and it all made for an awesome homecoming ! The Montucky crew might be interested to know that I even rode til last chair!!

Even after all the demos at SES my Diablo still rules.It's nice to come home still happy to ride what I own.Rode some kickass stuff though,and will review it in the right thread.

Mostly though,what makes me look forward to next year is the people.Thanks to everyone!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information