Thread: Virus Avalanche FLP 162

Virus Avalanche FLP 162

I just purchased the FLP from Ray out of Aspen. Without getting too much drool on my computer, all I can say is, if you can afford to buy one, do so--immediately. The board is not nearly as stiff as my Donek Incline 160, yet holds a carve far better, displays zero chatter in any condition, and goes so fast that I simply wear a diaper every time I ride it. I wait with baited breath for another soft boot carving board/BX board from Virus. Frank, if you're reading this--send a demo of the new UFC to Telluride for my enjoyment...please????.. Excellent construction and beautiful board. Cheers.

Cool! Will get to see it this Sat I'll be out on my new Donek Incline tomorrow. Will you be on the hill then too?

Yep....I'll be out between 10 and 10.30 ish...what size Incline did you get? I have a 155 and a 160....

I got a 164. I have it set up for softboots right now. I will be out riding with my wife. Should be there around 9:30-10. Not sure where we will ride yet. Wanted to get comfortable on the new board 1st. We usually do some runs on 9, 6, and Prospect. Might do Revelation or other runs depending on conditions. Here is a pic of the board with my SG. Will be pretty easy to spot. David Glynn will be out on Sat. If non powder day he will be riding a Prior WRC Metal board. He is an excellent rider. If you see me tomorrow, flag me down and we will do some runs. Otherwise I'll see you on Sat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Beautiful boards...that Donek topsheet I assume is custom...here is a stock picture of my Virus FLP...I'll call your cell tomorrow...I am definitely going up tomorrow as well. Perhaps meet at the gondola and head up to 9? Mitch

Sounds good. Sweet looking board I'll have my phone on me. Won't work until I get close to T-ride. I live in Ridgway, so it will take me about an hour to get up there. Sounds like some snow is on the way

I am looking at getting the Avalanche, but just in the base model with carbon kevlar.
    Do you think that it would be worth spending the extra $$$ to get the FLP?

If so what would be the main difference/benefits?

Thanks (firts time post)

Thread Information