I had a rather lengthy post....but decided to delete it and let the photos do the talking.
Several thread on boot fit lately, I rec'd a PM last night from a BOL member and the kids on the race team are curious how I can use a boot which is nearly smaller than my foot. This isn't a bravado thread...this is simply an example of a race/performance fit.
My knowledge of current alpine boots/technology is dated...but more than happy to answer questions/PMs from people who have difficult issues.
A few key points.
- 27.5 mondo foot / 25.5 boot shells / 25 liner
- High instep / Arch
- Peterson BioSkate Insole - foam posting
- Sorry for looking at my feet - but toenails are VERY short
- Lightweight (not thin) wool socks
- Duct tape on end of insoles to wiggle toes
- Buckle boots from bottom to top
- Never buckle too tight, esp on lower buckles
- I never unbuckle for lifts or break - very comfortable
- Warm toes (Just started using Boot Glove under 10 degrees).
The measurement with the meter stick was done with stick/foot backed up against a wall and slightly weighted.