Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Strong enough from twisting?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC. CANADA
    Posts
    1,082

    Question Strong enough from twisting?

    Fellow Carvers,

    Need you guys opinion on this screws configuration. I know the screws will hold the TD2 binding but is there any chance of twisting that might ripped the inserts or even bend the cant disk? No choice with this screws configuration due the factory screw up on the insert spacing on the front leg. Can't put the screws on row #2, insert holes not centre.
    Suggestion, except thrash the deck (; Fin/Jack maybe...

    Thanks in advance guys..
    Roy
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The moose's maw rangeley, me
    Posts
    6,176
    I can't tell exactly what you're asking
    what's wrong with your setup?
    why would that not work?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,004

    enough?

    Isn't four enough?!
    LIVE LIFE- Dave Wilcox
    NASTAR race record.
    Questions-> lonbordin at hot mail dot com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC. CANADA
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdea View Post
    I can't tell exactly what you're asking
    what's wrong with your setup?
    why would that not work?
    Screws "square" configuration is off centre. On this config the right side of the centre plate is sticking longer thn the left side. The strongest screws config is "rectangular" by putting both screws on far end of the right plate but can't do it due the misalign of the inserts. Worry that 220lbs wud twist the right side part of the plate on heel turn.

    Let me know, thx.
    Roy
    Last edited by CarvingScooby; January 10th, 2010 at 06:17 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,646
    It's fine like that, Bro.
    INSTRUCTION | CASI L2 - hard boots all the way! | Vancouver Carvers' Diaries 2013/14 | Items for sale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ct.
    Posts
    449

    Opinion...

    I run TD2's on my 177wcr, set up the same way. no problems. The center disk may be the strongest part in the binding system, and will not suffer from being mounted off-center. I have seen bent main plates, but never a bent center disk.. As far as the inserts on the board, I think you are still spaced properly for a standard 4x4 mounting. so this should have no effect.
    hope this helps.
    -pk
    The journey is the destination.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pacific Northwest/ Portland Metro Area
    Posts
    7,059
    Typically if you can get 4 bolts in the center disk WITHOUT crossing over the center space, you should be good.

    If you are concerned about pulling, you might add another set in the inserts in the red circle (in photo)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by www.oldsnowboards.com; January 10th, 2010 at 06:14 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC. CANADA
    Posts
    1,082

    Thanks guys...

    Quote Originally Posted by www.oldsnowboards.com View Post
    Typically if you can get 4 bolts in the center disk WITHOUT crossing over the center space, you should be good.

    If you are concerned about pulling, you might add another set in the inserts in the red circle (in photo)
    See attach pix. So centre plate will be strong enough from being pulled.

    Cheers
    Roy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Pacific Northwest/ Portland Metro Area
    Posts
    7,059
    Quote Originally Posted by CarvingScooby View Post
    See attach pix. So centre plate will be strong enough from being pulled.

    Cheers
    Roy
    Hi Roy, there may be some difficulty in translation?
    This is the center space I mentioned.
    I am not exactly certain what you meant.
    My suggestion of adding another set of bolts would mean you would have a total of 6 bolts in the center disk.
    4 on one side of the center line (red) and two on the other.

    TO BE CLEAR: I would NOT suggest anything other than a min of 4 bolts two on opposite sides of the red line.
    Make sense? Bryan
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by www.oldsnowboards.com; January 10th, 2010 at 06:39 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    805
    I'm not sure I understand either....what you have in the first picture will be fine. I don't think there is any problem here.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC. CANADA
    Posts
    1,082

    Yep, that's make sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by www.oldsnowboards.com View Post
    Hi Roy, there may be some difficulty in translation?
    This is the center space I mentioned.
    I am not exactly certain what you meant.
    My suggestion of adding another set of bolts would mean you would have a total of 6 bolts in the center disk.
    4 on one side of the center line (red) and two on the other.

    TO BE CLEAR: I would NOT suggest anything other than a min of 4 bolts two on opposite sides of the red line.
    Make sense? Bryan
    Thanks again Bryan.

    Cheers
    Roy

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    near Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    1,711
    100% fine with the configuration in the first image. That's how it's designed. Getting screws into 2 & 5 does reduce the load on the inserts, but if something is going to fail it's likely going to be the core itself rather than an individual insert.

    I put bolts in 2 & 5 when things line up, but I don't worry about it if doesn't work out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •