Thread: Fin I got a quick product for you to make!!!

Fin I got a quick product for you to make!!!

Im tired of those screws on the toe bail boring a hole into my boot.. And no..Im not going Fintec... The toe bail acts as a beer belly meter.. if I can't buckle it.. then its time!!! so why don't you make a toe boot protector or something you can put on the end of the cap screw so it doesn't dig in..something sperical or cylindrical... at least it may keep me from loosing screws too...

heres a few options?

And I have the perfect name for it !!!

Ready.... "The Fin Neat Toe".....

Now just make me a pair.. it will only take a minute Im sure..

Right Said Shred
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Shred Gruumer; June 17th, 2009 at 11:12 AM.
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

I am no engineer but I'm thinkin you are just lobbying for a bigger hole!
    "The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is na´ve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Dr D View Post
    I am no engineer but I'm thinkin you are just lobbying for a bigger hole!
    correct, I a brass rounded nut on my cateks, made the area of wear bigger.

best thing I came up with was milk jug plastic stuck on to the boot with shoe goo, that worked alright

Why not just put a nylon lock nut with the right thread on it. They're pretty smooth on top and shouldn't vibrate off.

Dr. your no engineer..haha

your right.. but if you would do the second or third Idea it would not.. but it all depends how much threads you would have for it to stay on.. they nylon lock nut would work.. its the blunt sharp edges that really do the damage.. I guess you could just flip it around.. but how cool is that... just looking for a Fin Neat Toe cap.... to make it pleasing to the eye as well.. just a thought guys..

time to look at Mc Master Carr..

RSS
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

Ummm, you mean like our new aluminum, round-nose, stop screw we use on the TD3?

Agree, up until now we have used a stainless steel "set-screws" that had a cupped end so they where actually intended to did in. Have a couple of local old-timers who (their words) "don't trust them dang, high-toot'n, fangled steppy things". So been watching these guys and their boots. Just a small kiss mark, no more digging in. No matter what binding you use you will get a mark of some sort.

Now I know how much your looks matter to you Mr. Groomer, and fashion is your top priority. I would just get yourself a set of the new TD3 Toe Clip stop screws and be a handsome fella

Nice graphics by the way. Is that standard aerospace code on those drawings?
    Last edited by fin; June 17th, 2009 at 05:47 PM.
    Fin

==============================
    Bomber Industries, Inc
    Email: fin@bomberonline.com
    129 W. 10th St. Unit A
    P.O. Box 1667, Silverthorne, CO, 80498
    970/513-7733 Fax: 970/513-7833
    www.bomberonline.com
    ==============================

Fin.. and aerospace code

Yea, Fin.. we dropped that junk Inventor and catia.. and went with Paint.. much more free hand .. and the drawings are way more intuitive.. ahahaha

Only the bindings with screw leave a mark...F2's dont... doh! well If your not going to make the Fin Neat Toe.. then I ll have to come up with a Gruumer name for my Idea..ha

Its the surface area of displacement that will decrease the indentation marks.. thats where I was going with it... you know...what I mean...

Right Said Shred
    Last edited by Shred Gruumer; June 17th, 2009 at 06:18 PM.

Why are you so against the Fintec?

Just put the cap screw in from the other side - and "walla" (voila for the rest of the world) problem solved. Or try this from McM-C funny, they called it the "sex bolt" ??

Quote Originally Posted by Shred Gruumer View Post
    ... well If your not going to make the Fin Neat Toe.. then I ll have to come up with a Gruumer name for my Idea..ha ...
    Right Said Shred
    Fin
    Unmarking
    Cap
    Toe screw

that idea is FUCT
    World's foremost apres-skier, 20 years running

Chris H ..

What is the thread size for the TD bail lever? and if so do you have a link to that Sexx Skrew!! Email me..

Thanks... Bingo!!

RSS

And here I thought the scuffs on your boot toes was from kicking so much ass.
    new here? check out the Welcome Center and FAQs

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Michaud View Post
    And here I thought the scuffs on your boot toes was from kicking so much ass.
    Right said, Shred.

ACE !!! why?

Ace.. nothing against Fintecs.. as I posted.. I just like the exersise!! its an indicator for me... If I cannot bend over to clip in... YOU know its time to switch to LIGHT beer...ick!!

Right said Shred

how about fixing the boot

Maybe glue on a thin sheet of aluminum. Kind of like what we used to do to converses back in the day to make them into skate shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred Gruumer View Post
    Ace.. nothing against Fintecs.. as I posted.. I just like the exersise!! its an indicator for me... If I cannot bend over to clip in... YOU know its time to switch to LIGHT beer...ick!!

Right said Shred

Light beer my ass, it's time to rip more...

Thread Information