Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 05 Summit Expression Session - Use this thread for talk

Also, I am working on hiring some vans (private) to take people from DIA to Aspen on Feb 12th. I will keep you informed.
    Expert in particular carvers with special needs

Current location; London UK (home town; Torquay, Vic, Aust)

Luggage Weights

I believe that the maximum luggage allowance on United is about 20kg or 44lbs (all checked bags in total) before you pay excess. I was also told last year that they will not load a bag if it is over 60lbs because the baggage handlers supposedly won't touch it. However I managed to do a trip to CO and up to Canada two seasons ago with a snowboard bag of 185cm length that weighed in at 74lbs, and last year my bag was well and truly over the 60lb limit.

BUT....if you are nice to your check in agent, they will usually check it for you. And if all else fails, when they ask you to put your bag on the scales, stand it upright and hold it steady, with just a little subtle upward pressure to reduce the displayed weight. However I strongly recommend the "be nice and smile" approach (and an Aussie accent doesn't hurt either).

Donek's arrived....

Ready for SeS 05. Thanks Scott, the 180 GS is schaweeeet lookin', new TD's enroute, I'll slam 'em on, pack the Hemi bed and head east to Ut for thanksgiving week.

Headed for the Summit resorts after SES. Frisco will be my base. Been there and know it now.

Can't wait to hookem up up with the local Tiehack crew. You guys dusted off your Mustangs yet

Trench dreaming....
    Ride 'till it hurts, Advil takes care of the pain.

Michelle

I am confused about the lift ticket on the
    "Bomber day off". Are these not the
    normal tickets that can be used for
    6 days out of 10. So as long as my total
    days are 6 or less, can't I use it on
    the Wednesday.

Thx - Greg

HomeBrew and Lodging.

I'm interested in joint lodging. Is anyone interested in a few 5 gal kegs of home brew? Todd, you still have space on your floor? Pizza and beer sounds like a good combo.
    Damion

Originally posted by gmarsden
    Michelle

I am confused about the lift ticket on the
    "Bomber day off". Are these not the
    normal tickets that can be used for
    6 days out of 10. So as long as my total
    days are 6 or less, can't I use it on
    the Wednesday.
    You are correct Greg. The "day off" is named so because there are no official Bomber events on that day. However, your ticket is only good for 6 days, so if you use it on Wed you will be short a day.

Lone Canadian Looking to Share Lodging

Hi All:

I am planning to come to SES and currently look like I will be travelling solo from Toronto, Canada.

I am hoping to hook up with a group or create a group that has available space and hopefully some means of getting to and from the different resorts.

If there are groups looking for an additional lodger - please feel free to e-mail me with the details.

If there are others in the same postion as me, get in contact and maybe we can camp out together.

All the best,

Rob

Re: Lone Canadian Looking to Share Lodging

Originally posted by Rob-CanCarve

If there are groups looking for an additional lodger - please feel free to e-mail me with the details.

Rob, contact C^2, aka csquared... he and his son were looking for roomies.

and loaded for SES 05. Can't wait. It's dumped hard here in SoCal this fall. We got 30 inches in our local mountains last saturday/sunday and expext another dump this weekend.

Gracias El Niño.
    Ride 'till it hurts, Advil takes care of the pain.

Signed up and ready to go!

This should be great fun, a first time for me. I went to ECES last year, so I'm primed!

John

St Moritz rooms

The latest from our friend Roger at the St Moritz, dated 11/19/04:

"I erred in the rate for the standard lodge rooms. It is $136 for the room, single or double occupancy, not per person (plus a contribution to Colorado and the city of Aspen totalling 9.6%). I've got eight rooms still available."

I'm looking at trail maps on-line of aspen and am trying to figure out what areas we will carving in . any Ideas anyone

See you all in 2 Months 3 Days
    Mozz

"Let the hard pack be groomed, the edges be waxed, and no bastard in my way"

Hi Mozz

We will be carving at Buttermilk, Aspen mountain, Highlands, and Snowmass. Specific trails? We will be everywhere, taking over the mountains - they won't know what hit them!

2 , 2 , 2 .

C U all soon

Maurie
    Mozz

Vans to Aspen

Hey guys/girls

I just posted an item on the SES pricing page so that people can order a Van from DIA to Aspen. If you are interested, I will need to know 2 weeks prior to the event to set this up. This is non-refundable; once I make the reservations it will be set. These vans will be rented from Resort Express, and depending on interest we will have 2 vans, maybe more. We will have them leaving at 2 different times, for those of you who are getting in later. If you order this option, please also include your flight arrival time so that I can organize the vans the best way for everyone.

Let me know if you have questions.

MJ

Just got this email thought it may help some of you.

Save BIG with the Mountain Saver Package

Book your air, lodge and lift by January 1 and get up to 40% off airfare when you travel midweek, and up to 50% off lift tickets. Kids 6 and under ski/ride free, and kids 7-17 get discounted lift tickets. Ask about Kids Fly Free.

To book, call 800-679-3149 and mention the Mountain Saver Package or visit aspensnowmass.com/mtnsaver. All rates subject to availability at time of booking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Win a trip to Aspen/Snowmass

RLX, the official outfitter of Aspen/Snowmass, is offering an opportunity to win a trip for two to Aspen/Snowmass. Prize includes round-trip airfare for two, four nights' lodging, four days of lift ticket, four days of deluxe equipment rentals and up to three days of instruction. Register now at RLX.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ground shuttle — special offer from CME

Colorado Mountain Express provides daily shuttle service to and from Denver (DEN) and Eagle (EGE) airports to most lodging destinations in Aspen/Snowmass.

With the Great Rates program, a family of 4 can transfer to and from EGE for just $46 per person each way and $89 per person each way from DEN. Reservations: www.ridecme.com or call 800-525-6363 or 970-926-9800. When placing reservations use the discount code “GREAT.” Not applicable with other promotional programs. Rates subject to change.

Whooo Hooooooo!!!!!

My trip is booked!!

Coming into Vail airport on the 16th, hanging out with you guys for a few days and then a week+ in Utah!

Is anyone going for just the first part of the week and want to split the ticket package with me? E-mail me at rustyinnh@yahoo.com

Longshot I know but I'll give it a try.

BTW...The eagle airport had very good prices and I won't have to deal with what looks like a 5 1/2+ hour van ride from Denver. I booked through expedia and found one way tickets from Boston
    for $253.

Edit: I booked my flight through Orbitz...
    Flying on United both ways.
    Boston to Aspen via Denver on the 16th and then returning from Salt lake City to Boston on March 1st for.....$297.40!!!

I think that's a good price but I can't be sure. What are you folks gettng there for?
    Last edited by Rusty; January 3rd, 2005 at 01:10 PM.

Lookin' for roomies

I know this is kind of "late"...been off the board since the last SES...anybody looking for roomies for the SES '05?
    Myself and a buddy are looking to share something in town. Add 2 more people to the yearly event...wahoo!

Only 42 Days to go
    Mozz

Brisbane, Australia, where it doesn't snow.
    Hey Mozzman,
    when's your website gonna be back up? Keen to have a look, I've only seen one other carver in Aus that I didn't already know! BTW I've flown in/out of Aus with heaps of gear (boards, skis, bikes, climbing gear, sometimes all of it on the one trip) and never had a problem.

Now to get back (almost) on topic, I wish I could be there, sounds like a blast! But I have to ask, Michelle, how come you guys aren't doing some of the other resorts in Summit like the other years? Aspen does have some of the best groomers around though drool.......

And who was at SES '04? I had to work unfortunately. I was kinda dissapointed that I didn't see a SINGLE CARVER ride my lifts (Rendezvous/Sierra) at Copper!! Wassup with that?

Tear it up guys, make a few turns for me.

Benno

Benny I'm trying to tee up a Carve event here in Oz but it's taking a while to get the resorts on side .

I'm getting organised to get a few T shirts as well .

Send me some Pickies ya slacko .

Mozz
    Mozz

Signed up for SES '05!

Hi All!
    Signed up for my 2nd SES in a row! Now I'm still looking for roomies to share with...anybody need 2 extra roomies?
    Let me know.

First Tracks . . .

Inside scoop
    You can be there first if you plan ahead . . .

FREE FIRST TRACKS with Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen/Snowmass pros on Aspen Mountain and Snowmass, offered every day at Aspen Mountain call 970-925-1220 x3543 for reservations. And offered every Wednesday and Friday at Snowmass, 970-925-1220 or 800-525-6200. Valid lift ticket and reservations required.

The way this worked last year was you call in advance of your trip and one could make up to six reservations for a specific day. The group size was limited to 20 skiers/riders + one instructor (guide). First up load at 8:00 a.m. which is one hour before the general public.

Re: First Tracks . . .

Originally posted by Pat Donnelly
    Inside scoop
    You can be there first if you plan ahead . . .

FREE FIRST TRACKS with Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen/Snowmass pros on Aspen Mountain and Snowmass, offered every day at Aspen Mountain call 970-925-1220 x3543 for reservations. And offered every Wednesday and Friday at Snowmass, 970-925-1220 or 800-525-6200. Valid lift ticket and reservations required.

The way this worked last year was you call in advance of your trip and one could make up to six reservations for a specific day. The group size was limited to 20 skiers/riders + one instructor (guide). First up load at 8:00 a.m. which is one hour before the general public.
    We're already planning this. I have spoken to the mountain managers and they are making a special exception for us. Plan to be at the mountian early. I'll have more on this later.

Aspen? but I hate the French

I'm all set for Aspen, so count in another. I'm flying right into Aspen, probably just staying at the St. Moritz hostile and ruffing it a little. I'm coming out by myself, so I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and having an incredible time out in the mountains. I've had just about enough of this midwest weather, but hey, 5-8 inches possible tomorrow! To bad it's Wisconsin's first snow storm of the year! And when you guys are bumming because it hasn't snowed for a week, just think about us midwesterners riding on what feels like a snow cone. You can't beat granulated ice pellets, the edges just sink right in. Anyways, enough complaining, see everyone in Februrary. Jon
    "Excuse my trench"

Movie Quote!!!!! Not Opinion

I was afraid of this,

I'm sorry, my subject is a movie quote from "Dumb and Dumber", Lloyd wants to move to Aspen, Harry say's "Aspen, I don't know Harry I heard the frence are......"
    Just a joke, no harm meant. It's funny in the movie, because Harry is so stupid he think Aspen is in France, anyways, let it snow
    Jon

Re: Sesh Jack-o!!

Originally posted by Bob Jenney

Fly into/out of Aspen. It’s only a few dollars more which is easily offset by the costs of driving from Denver.

Also, you never know what sort of weather you're gonna get on I-70. Could be a complete drag driving from Denver to Aspen.
    Actually flying in to Aspen is twice the price (as of today). However I just said eff it and bit the bullet. I'm flying into/out of Aspen - Yeehaw!!! Considering the time/distance/hassle/risk/cost of driving from/to Denver, it's not worth it for 3 days of riding.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Nakacarve Guest

Car Pool?

Count in 1 more Canadian!

This will be my first SES, heck ES of any sort! Unfortunately it looks like only 3 days. The only way I could make this work was to stay with friends in Breck.

Is anybody else staying in the Breck area? I need to get up to Breckenridge or at least Frisco from DIA. I am arriving 2/12 at 7:30PM. I can book in with CME but think it would be great to meet some people. If you are in the Breck area, car pools from there to Aspen?

Damn this is going to be fun!

John

Jack...

Don't know if you booked already but it was cheaper for me to fly United into Aspen than it was to fly to denver only. I got it through Orbitz if that helps.

Brisbane, Australia, where it doesn't snow.
    hey moz,
    let me know when and I'll be all over it like a rash! what mtn were you thinking?

benno
    keep the ptex down people.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information