Thread: Preparing the topsheet...

Preparing the topsheet...

Do you guys prepare the topsheet of your board with any "secret" stuff to prevent it from loading/sticking up with snow all the time.

I think this was a thread a long time ago, but can't remember the suggestions anymore...

Thanks all!

I've used Mothers carnauba car wax before...if I recall it worked for a day or so....plus it gave the top sheet an ever-so-lustrous shine
    Rippin' with rednecks down in Possum's Pouch.... SkiNC

Randy S. Guest

From Tognar

I found this tip on Tognar's tips page. I haven't tried it, but you might want to:

CLEAN TOPS
    After washing the tops of skis or snowboards with warm water and dish soap, let them dry then spray on some ArmorAll and spread it smoothly over the top. Allow the ski/snowboard to sit level for an hour, then lightly wipe with a paper towel. Then let the ski dry in a warm place for 24-48 hours. Many of the top scratches will not be visible anymore, and the long drying time creates a hard coating that will help protect the top and keep snow from sticking, too.

Pledge

I'm gonna try Lemon Pledge before riding next time, I bet it will work. I use it on the leading edges of airplane wings to keep bugs from sticking and it seems to work pretty well, they just wipe right off. Plus it will protect the topsheet from spilled drinks.

Turtle Wax the car stuff works okay.

have heard rumors of pam the cooking spray working.

Topsheet Prep

I use bacon grease. Snow don't stick to my board. CMC drizzles hot butter on his and wipes it off with white bread toast. One day last year, he set his board down on the top sheet and it slid off the hill. Bindings didn't stop it.

Snow stick

Actually,CMC's board had Zardow's Not Wax on the topsheet...
    PSR, Eric Brammer

"Surfin' these Old Hills since back-in-the-day"

slides off like ????

One item that I apply to the tops of my boards is Rain-X. The stuff that makes rain drops fly off your windshield makes snow do the same thing on the top of your board. I apply it two to three times a season and I'm good to go. I also apply it to the bindings with a small 1" paint brush but I do'nt wipe it off. This seems to keep the snow from packing up in the bindings.
    I think I will spend more time on the carving stick, not sticks, this year.

It depends what kind of snow you're in of course, but I spray my board and bindings with Silicone spray. I have a big can of it which I think it came from a sewing machine shop (don't know what they use it for). Works a treat, not that it really matters.

Randy S. Guest

DaIcer has a carver

Has anybody tried the stuff these guys sell? It says it was developed by pro snowboarders and they even have a carver on their site:

Icer

icer

The products look pretty slick, including the spray-on waxs... I am all for something simple that works great (other than swix f4 wipe-on)...

Hope someone has tried them ....let us know?

Jim

Thread Information