Thread: Carving specific goggles

Carving specific goggles

Something I gotta share:

Most goggles offer really limited peripheral vision. (If you don't believe me, try wearing your goggles while driving your car.)

I found a goggle that offers a very wide field of vision and lenses for cold weather and different lighting. It's a JT Spectra paintball goggle. The visor and mask are removable. Lenses are polycarbonate. Very reasonable cost, but I had to modify my helmet a little to make them fit.

Riding in these is a new experience. It's much easier to see incoming traffic mid-carve and inspires more confidence when carving on busy slopes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cool,

did you say fire?

Fire.

Thanks Jason.

"No really, those are cool. All black carbon fiber would be really cool"

Quote Originally Posted by Trip43065
    Riding in these is a new experience. It's much easier to see incoming traffic mid-carve and inspires more confidence when carving on busy slopes.
    Not to mention frightening small children to tears!

Perfect accessory would be a large shiny sharp thing.

Pair this with a knarly helmet and you've really got something, something like.......

have you actually tried these in variable weather? They vented? If not...fogging problems?

I found their site:

http://www.jtusa.com/

but the model you mention isnt listed. Those paintball masks are some crazy lookin mfers tho.

imagine seein one of our kind smoking down the hill with this on:

thats just evil looking.

I got the "thermal" goggle. It has a dual lens like ski goggles. Excellent venting and no fogging issues. The only issue is snow coming in thru the top vents, but that was only when riding during some very heavy snow. Rain may also prove to be an issue.

http://www.amazon.com/JT-Spectra-The.../dp/B0000BXIOY

oldsnowboards: I scare more small children with the mask off!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

haha.. may have to get some for next season. all i'll need then is a cape and a lightsaber.

Saw a childs helmet of "Darth Vader" once, has a sound system in it, speaker on the outside!

Could load it with saying about alpine boards , or good come back for the usual alpine comments. Using the Darth Vader voice. Good fun!

Cool face masks, I have used one from a motorcross google years ago. It was excellent for the biting high winds with sleet storms.

thats funny, I play paintball when I'm not snowboarding but I never would've thought of using my goggles for snowboarding.

if you want to see some cool looking masks, check these out
    Last edited by sharples; March 18th, 2007 at 05:01 PM.

I was blown away by all the options and some were hard to resist, but I went the conservative route and found one that would work with my lid. I could always make a bolder statement next year.

By all means, try the google. And the mask for that matter. Nice to have on those subzero windchill days.

One other note on the google. Changing the lenses was a bitch. The fit between the tabs of the lens and the slots in the goggle frame is very tight. I did a little grinding on the tabs to make things easier.

Thread Information