Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst ... 286869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 2640

Thread: Loon/WV Opening Days

Quote Originally Posted by Beckmann AG View Post
    This is one of those "What I built on my summer vacation" projects.
    It's top heavy, and has no brakes, so it's not yet suited for any real distance.
    ultimate shade tree tinker mech...mig, tig, stick, lathes, bridgeports, hardboot manifesto, bikes, etc etc......nice work erik all of it
    1%er

DR.B,

Im about 70% done, so I will guestimate about a 18 wheeler sized load. Diameter of the logs that Im not burning are in the 6"-12", everything smaller I will burn along with all the brush. As far as the feces of the tree's I have allot of white oak and Elm tree's, and some pine trees.

Location is Wesport MA, Just east of Newport RI and Little Compton RI.

Putting something on Craigslist tonight.

GFY's

LOVE JMFD!

Quote Originally Posted by Beckmann AG View Post
    MJD!
    What, you don't recognize me without my toque, Oakleys, and beard?

This is one of those "What I built on my summer vacation" projects.
    It's top heavy, and has no brakes, so it's not yet suited for any real distance.

Where are the logs? I might be interested in a bulk purchase, depending on location, diameter, and species.
    DON'T HANG EM UP...............LACE EM UP !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MJD!
    Location is Wesport MA, Just east of Newport RI and Little Compton RI.

Putting something on Craigslist tonight.
    A bit further than I would send the Western Star @6mpg.
    (To be safe, I usually figure ~12cd yield from Tri-axle and pup.)

---

Thanks Stevo. Just trying to be/feel useful.

Adding more video as time permits.

I have a friend in Nottingham who would love to check out that rig (me too of course).

-Ken
    -Shutting the %$#@ Up and Riding Since '86

Ninety-nine percent of snowboarders are good people enjoying a clean sport, and it is only one percent who are antisocial barbarians.

^
    You're welcome to spectate, so long as you can keep your lunch hooks clear of the danger zones. I'll be starting up as soon as 'The King of Spring', (aka 'the champ of damp') shuts down for the season.

Is that your facility i can see from route 4 by UNH?

Ninety-nine percent of snowboarders are good people enjoying a clean sport, and it is only one percent who are antisocial barbarians.

^
    Not mine. Though the most recent videos were shot on that site, working up a supply for the outdoor boiler.
    That firewood operation is on rented ground. He's running a Multitek, I think it's an older 2020?
    I'm working on a much smaller scale.

The property itself is owned by a friend of mine. I do some mechanical work for his logging operation.

this season will be interesting huh BobbyV
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1%er

Name:  551663833.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  60.4 KB

1%er

Name:  t32.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  52.5 KB
    That's a t32 beard right there!

Wonder what's in the box?!
    Last edited by lonbordin; April 4th, 2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: wondering...

congrats 5-3-1 and P90X yous fcukin studs
    1%er

Ppoke the bear.....!!!!!!!!!!!

Name:  milan lucic sleeping.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  46.1 KB
    1%er

going green in westport

Enough about lucic, let's talk about me!
    Actually let me tell you GoOns, a good GoOn story.
    So about three weeks ago I'm clearing some land to build a house. My team and I were running like a heavily modified cummins. Like shock and awe bombing, it was shock and awe logging. It was a blast and was on pace to finish a week ahead of schedule. Until..............my wifes cousin shows up one Day to "help out"
    So the GUY shows up like he's ready to go pump some weights with a brand spakin new pair of work boots on. The 1st thing he asks me is were are the chainsaws......? I thought to myself who the fuhck with half a brain is dying to run a chainsaw????????????? I replied, listen GUY I dropped and bucked about 18 trees the previous in the pouring rain and was hoping to get caught up on the brush burning. His second comment was why I only had one 12' brush fire going???????? So I tried to expla
    GFYS

WOW THAT WAS WEIRD, I tried posting that about two weeks ago and it posted by itself, well at least half of it. I guess I'll finish the story.

explain how much work one 15' brush fire is, especially with one guy around. SO he tells me hes gonna show me how to start a real fire. He goes over to my truck and pulls out 5 gallons of 93 octane. As he's dumping 5 gallons of gas on top of a 20' high brush pile, he tells me this is how he used to burn down houses and cars back in the day. throws, or should i say trows a match on top of it, then ignition !!!!! a huge explosion, so he start walking back to my truck and says thats how you start a fire.................... well by the time " my cousin vinny" gets back to my truck the fuel had burned off, and the fire was out. he was stunned, and said "wow thats some stubborn brush you have there ". He then tells me to start a second fire, while he would keep an eye on the fire that was already going, and all i had to do was feed it a couple grapple fulls of brush every 20 minutes or so. Know Im running around like an idiot basically entertaining this guy like he was a house guest. he wanted two fires so he got two fires. basically for me twice the work, going from fire to fire, piling on the brush. know back to the chainsaw, i finally give in, this guy must have asked me 10 time if we were going to drop a tree. I give in, i bring him over to a tree and spray paint out the notch that he need to cut out. I told him to get started with the notch, and i would be there in 20 minutes to push the tree over after the notch was done, and some back cutting. i should have got the drift as he just started pulling on the pull cord or the saw, with even knowing what a choke lever is. So fire up teh saw and give him the saw............shame on me, im thinking this guy thought that a chainsaw would just start up, especially it being 45 degrees out. crawl the excavator across the yard to the fire and start filing on brush to the fires. i turn around and i see smoke coming from the tree, know im like what the fuhhk could he be doing now!!!!!! as i get closer i see that the bar is purple, and the chain is smoking......... i get closer and tap him on the should and asking him wtf are you doing. he was basically trying to burn his way through the tree, or should i say tru da tree. in the 20 minutes i left him alone, he was running my saw full throttle with the chain barely touching the tree. Like a violinist playing his instrument, politely caressing the tree gently with a chainsaw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his reply to me asking wtf he was doing " where gettin there, what a stubborn tree " i was ready to kill him, so i take it you've never run a chainsaw before? No but it was fun he replies. Then the saw dies, i figured, good the saw ran out of fuel. he says back to me, no it already ran out of fuel and i filled it up with that red can over there, im know thinking how the hell he started the saw back up, but anything was possible this day. then it hits me, which ready can GUY.................??????????????? that big one, i used what was left in the red can that i went thru to try and start the fire. So you ran straight gas in the saw, he looks at and smiles, "yeah you dip**** what else would i use, oil..................???????????" I then check the bar and and chain fluid, bone dry. Needless to say that saw was FUUHHHHHHHHHKED UP, ruined, wrecked, etc, etc. 3 weeks old, trashed. Thanks for coming, come back soon............................ I look back, and think im lucky im still alive !!!!

Sounds like its lucky he is still alive, what a douche nozzle.

i like stories....sounds lik he jest won edward 40 hands

Name:  ed40.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  34.0 KB
    1%er

More like "my cousin vinny" but instead of being in a court room, picture this. A dark blue adidas two piece wind breaker suit and a brand new pair of work boots, white ribbed tank top, a huge gold horn, and about a gallon of deer lure spread thickly from head to toe. the funniest part is that the town fire chief lives about 400 yards away down wind from me, the gasoline explosions would have been enough to pull my burning permit with about a 1/2 acre left to clear !! OH I forgot to mention he brought a tire that he wanted to get rid of, and when i wasn't looking he threw that on one of the fires.......................... my house must have looked like Saudi arabia during the gulf war, approaching Logan.

For the record, I want the Kings to Win the cup, Quickie would be the 1st Alum to have his name on the Lord Stanley !!!!!

"No hat, no stick, no pipe, not even a pocket handkerchief. How can one survive? "

Going Green !

T32,
    I wanted to inform the club, that my bias has changed once again. Picked up a 6.6L oil burner this afternoon, fhukkin pumped !!!! Getting 18mpg already with only 118 miles on the odometer. Not going to miss getting 13mpg @ 60,000 miles per year. Do the math............and GFY !!!!!
    When is the next T32 get together ??????
    GFY's !
    Big Duke 6

A T32 get together sounds good to me. If you guys want to do a mountain bike and grill, I would be happy to have it in Beverly or Campton. Let me know.

smooth sailing with the cnc software, movement

I like the sounds of that Robert! If I am guessing correctly...

161cm, 8.4m scr, 14cm waist, carbon/glass,...?

That sounds even better!!! Easy Jungle-ish, I want one!!!!

Yeah so i watch GOON last night with the boys. They have a much deeper respect for their step father now...................................great movie !
    GFY'S

Hey Robert, have any pics your creations?

Photo of the Day

Name:  kayakshark.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  11.3 KB

Nauset Beach, Cape Cod

The bigger question is why the lady on the SUP is wearing a wetsuit and booties? It must have been 90 and the water over 65.

Just picked up a new Starboard Widepoint 9.5. Thanks for the addiction Stevo!

Name:  starboard_82__95_widepoint1.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  60.5 KB

here fishy fishy

Quote Originally Posted by polaris View Post
    Name:  kayakshark.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  11.3 KB

Nauset Beach, Cape Cod

The bigger question is why the lady on the SUP is wearing a wetsuit and booties? It must have been 90 and the water over 65.

Just picked up a new Starboard Widepoint 9.5. Thanks for the addiction Stevo!

Name:  starboard_82__95_widepoint1.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  60.5 KB

nice ride guy! can i try that in the next hericane?? sharks at rye beech two...prob never git the wiffer in the water again
    1%er

F the Sharks

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    nice ride guy! can i try that in the next hericane?? sharks at rye beech two...prob never git the wiffer in the water again
    Prolly just seals. My neighbor and I saw something big swim by on Sunday. We paddled after it but didn't see it again. We assumed it was a seal, but could have been a sand shark.

Thread Information