Page 54 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 2653

Thread: Loon/WV Opening Days

You friggen Australians are so touchy!
    new here? check out the Welcome Center and FAQs

Coriolis effect in the bowl?

As you can see, the arrangement of that T-bar with regard to the slope could be seen as 'Antipodal'.
    Australians, et al, have to put up with a lot of 'upside down' jokes and references; thus the umbrage?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Michaud View Post
    Cool, when did the T-bar go in?
    ??? Isn't this Tuckerman's Ravine? When did it have the lift like that? I rode there from spring of 98/99 to 02 every year and nothing like that was exist.

Quote Originally Posted by piusthedrcarve View Post
    ??? Isn't this Tuckerman's Ravine? When did it have the lift like that? I rode there from spring of 98/99 to 02 every year and nothing like that was exist.
    they put it in in '03, you just missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by trailertrash View Post
    they put it in in '03, you just missed it!
    Great..Just Great.. I spent good 2 hours to climb up and took me 30 seconds to get down. Even though it's only bottom half of the bowl (upper half of the bowl was actually too steep for me to do anything except sucking up the air and praying for no avalanch ), I'll take 2 min. ride on that thing and enjoy 20 seconds of riding.

pius, thanks for the red indy boots they are teh bomb....AND IM NOT KIDDING YOU

Quote Originally Posted by piusthedrcarve View Post
    Great..Just Great.. I spent good 2 hours to climb up and took me 30 seconds to get down. Even though it's only bottom half of the bowl (upper half of the bowl was actually too steep for me to do anything except sucking up the air and praying for no avalanch ), I'll take 2 min. ride on that thing and enjoy 20 seconds of riding.

yeah it saves a ton of time but man, on the nice days the line is back to the starbucks hut!

Since Boyne owns Tux, I heard rumors that they're gonna take the Spillway double from Sugarloaf & replace that with a fixed grip quad. Then there are plans to recycle that double chair for a lift up Left Gully. I've been searching on www.sugarloaftoday.com but can't find any leads. I just wish they'd put a lift up the Sherburne Trail. The hike up to Hojos is the one that tires me out. When I'm up in the bowl...it's all adrenaline. I never ride the lift while up there. I like earning my turns.

Quote Originally Posted by trailertrash View Post
    yeah it saves a ton of time but man, on the nice days the line is back to the starbucks hut!
    Dang... then it would be 20 min. waiting for 20 seconds of fame but still way better than 2 hours of climbing 70 degree upright cliff.

Stevo: You're welcome. You wouldn't got the Indy if it was Mondo 28

Although snowboarding down from head-wall to bottom of the bowl is one of memorable experience, if I look back, I was more stoked to take a trail (can't remember the name and too lazy to look up) down to Pinkam's Notch. It was about good 30 min. riding with few stops. Although it was little narrow and bumpy, where could anyone get off-piste snow and backcountry type of run down in East Coast?

Yesterday Mammoth got 2' snow but Yeah we have Tuckerman's Ravine and the trail. Let's not get depressed.
    Last edited by piusthedrcarve; April 22nd, 2010 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    Since Boyne owns Tux, I heard rumors that they're gonna take the Spillway double from Sugarloaf & replace that with a fixed grip quad. Then there are plans to recycle that double chair for a lift up Left Gully. I've been searching on www.sugarloaftoday.com but can't find any leads. I just wish they'd put a lift up the Sherburne Trail. The hike up to Hojos is the one that tires me out. When I'm up in the bowl...it's all adrenaline. I never ride the lift while up there. I like earning my turns.
    Thanks.. Sherburne Trail is what I was talking about!

Jack get your geography right its Austrian you friggn' Mainard

T32, I want to apologize for polluting your private thread with "Non-T32" junk

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffV View Post
    Jack get your geography right its Austrian you friggn' Mainard
    whatever, say hi to Crocodile Dundee for me, mate! throw some shrimp on the barbie!
    new here? check out the Welcome Center and FAQs

Gullible's travels...

Quote Originally Posted by piusthedrcarve
    Yeah we have Tuckerman's Ravine
    No, you don't. Read close, look closer. The appellation 'Tuckerman's', like the T-bar, is a fallacy.
    (Sorry, TT)

Stevo, what's the story on your mid-season boot swappage? Wardrobe/topsheet conflict or what?

cmon EB what doesnt go with black on black on black??? those candyass canes were way too soft for a clyde...im luvin the stiffer old reds. come to think of it enzo is out of uniform................again

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Michaud View Post
    whatever, say hi to Crocodile Dundee for me, mate! throw some shrimp on the barbie!
    polaris and i were yuckin this up last night right after he got done kickin my ass all ova the live free or DIE state.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqVzRD_nWLQ

meat head !

so after chappy dragged me around the woods for about 2.5 hrs today! the meat head starts pumpin iron in front of the mirror, shirt off and all! this mf is for real, i hope everyone else takes this off season as serious as him.

DONT FHUKK WITH US MA$$HOLES !!!!

have a nice weekend and GFY'S.......................
    DON'T HANG EM UP...............LACE EM UP !!!!!

Friday we rode Bruce and Tom's in Gloucester. The Hucking Hero (aka BD6, JD) was 1 for 3 (three jumps 1 landing and even that one was sketchy). On Saturday he landed 4 out of 4, he was an animal on the new ride. The planning is under way for a guy mountain bike weekend. Most likely in VT, ride at Killington, Pittsfield trails and maybe a trip to the Kingdom trails. Let me know if you are interested and I will keep you in the loop. Got to go, it is Monday and I need to hit the gym. Purchased the Loon pass last week, so I need to get ready to hang with the big boys.

I'M BLEEDIN, BLACK AND GOLD !

RECC'S FOR M.V.P !

I know it's all a moot point, but some guy just posted up on T4T that he hiked Cannon today...he's reporting 2 feet of dense fresh with 3 - 4 foot drifts!!!!

I feel dirty rooting for Montreal tonight, but it would be great for the Bruins to get home ice for the next series!!

lets go enzoo not moot!! i miss oar tongue baths and tickle fights....gOoN gots 4' w 9' driffs off watchatch pow

massage cent frum my iFone GuY

Send Two

Nice shot! I hope he hit em square in the diaper.
    -Shutting the %$#@ Up and Riding Since '86

Ninety-nine percent of snowboarders are good people enjoying a clean sport, and it is only one percent who are antisocial barbarians.

Nice!! Since when did you start reading The Sun??

I love this quote:

They were firing on the troop commander - I gave them the good news. They didn't f****** like it."

top shelf, where mamma keeps the peanut butta

listen to this whole thing, coors light + decca = "the big scary man guy"

i think this is one of my customers. i'm not kidding.

tuuka time song at the end.

http://cbswbz.files.wordpress.com/20...ry-man-guy.mp3
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MR. JOHN DEERE !; May 4th, 2010 at 05:09 AM. Reason: makin it look mean

jd rx dbol hgh pbr pt cp asap...heal fast be a goon

CCW gOoNs saw this tech shirt in action the otha day tho im pretty sure jd would go thigh holster in plain view- also great for holding backup when pants down on tree stand

put the biscuit in the basket!!

big scary man guy !

enzo thats the same interview as the one from the radio show.

these guys better get their $hit together, and quick ! the injury to the # 47 car is going to be a tough one to replace. FUHKK the # 16 car, euro trash job stealing scab. go back to europe you pu$$y !

i just wish hockey was a numbers game like baseball stats. there have only been two, 0 games to 3 combacks since the 1947 season

my title faked you out

Jd click the link and read the article. Its about flying projectiles aimed at Philly fans during game 5 at the. STD Garden.

BSMG/Peanut butta guy is so last week.

apples and banana's

guy,

you should see my fhukkin tricepts with all the crutching ive been doing. the back of my arms look like i have a couple banana's sticking out the back of them. then my left calf looks like an apple on hgh, so gfy!

you better start thinking about tonight's tilt, you know the philly fans will be going bazerk. that reminds me, the otha day i was a dick's getting ma something for mothas day, so instead of a cute little yoga outfit, i picked up a bruins t-shirt with lucic on the back. she loves it!

Stevo and Polaris Bike Repair

Me and Stevo just realized that we have top-notch bike repair skills. Send us your bikes and we'll fix 'em up. Chain and drivetrain repairs are our specialty.

Enzo: Are you healed up yet?
    -Shutting the %$#@ Up and Riding Since '86

Ninety-nine percent of snowboarders are good people enjoying a clean sport, and it is only one percent who are antisocial barbarians.

Thread Information