Page 37 of 89 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2661

Thread: Loon/WV Opening Days

Denva via the lower east section of new jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by john deere View Post
    big mario,

Your guys still riding out there? The only riding I'm doing on my Mtn Bike, and thats becoming an issue with the wif!

dtmfhguy
    JD
    Last weekend @ lovey coming up, then next weekend at the basin. I am ready for the season to be ova, had to bitch slap a jibber who grazed me while I spotting a run for the crew, an intervention by DT prolly kept me out of police custody. I'll break out the heckler soon, and work on gettin' my mellow back on
    mario
    I'm all about the subtlety

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    (")_(")

Thumbs up Sweet Vid

Very nice vid with some great riding. Keep it up and hope to see you in 09-10.

Ink
    LCI Freakcarve...
    Seriously having Fun!

09-10 I'll start scheeming in mid summa, and keep you posted.

I gotta move back to CO, fhuck this place, its a dump! speaking of dumps im in Long Island this weekend. what a $hit hole!

big duke 6

TR: North Peak 5/16/09

After suffering for several weeks with a severe case of withdrawal syndrome, I headed up to Loon for a little hiking excursion. I flew up Brookway to Camp III and then meandered through the grass up along Lower Walking Boss to Haulback. I was surprised to see a couple of small patches of snow on LWB & Haulback considering the last real snow was back in February. I then saw some ice and I felt right at home again. There were no switchbacks on the headwall of Upper Boss and it looked pretty rough to go up so I made my way around to Sunset and booted straight up the mf. Total time to the summit 1hr flat from the Bunyan Room deck. Got some good views of the big ol' Rock Pile from the top. I then made my way down Bear Claw on a maintenance road. I had the whole mtn to myself and the black flies were nonexistent.
    Total time B2T2B 2 hrs.

I'm counting down the days til November......
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Joe Gongshow !

I agree 100%, I'm a mess, I need to find a hobby or get back on the snow soon. I've been a absolute catastrophy since the tucks trip, its called the Joe Gongshow! its a 24hr a day nightmare.

Peetas Barge Room

i luv that bah......hey ya'll

wtf are you trying to tell us....you got morning sickness???

there's still snow up in Tux. let's go!!

June Stoke

Well, I was partially serious in my previous post, but I guess there were no takers?? After reading some favorable TR's recently on T4T and finally catching a break with the weather, I made a last minute decision to head up to Tux. I pulled all my gear out, got all my tinkering done and hit the road by 6:30am. By 10am I made it up to Tux and was on snow.

Lower Sluice is the longest run right now with about 500 vert and a run out to the floor of the ravine. Snow conditions were surprisingly spectacular with a couple inches of velvety corn on top of a firm base. All of the rain this week smoothed things out nicely so it actually had better grooming than what we see typically see @ gOoN. There were only 5 other people up there taking runs.

Things were so good I'm thinking about a return trip on either Friday or Saturday of this coming week. Put down the Bud Limes, get off the beach and let's go T32!!
    dtmfh

Here are some pics:
    Obligatory shot from Hojos.

Sluice

Looking down.

Looking across the Headwall. The snow in the foreground shows the steepness of Sluice.
    Last edited by Enzo; June 16th, 2009 at 04:10 PM.

the 4 c's

guy i would go with you, but i've been training for the Cape Cod Calf Competition. its tough work, i start drinking everyday at 10am, and i stay up as late as i can until i barely half enough strenght to choke down 4 benadryl's. then its lights out .

gfy!

enzo, let it friggin go guy

i'm not ready to put down the BLL- but i'll drive
    Attached Images Attached Images  

nice one stevo

didn't know you had coconuts & palm trees on Hampton Beach.

Just saw the movie Hangover last night. Funniest flick I've seen in a few years. Go see it!!

Tomorrow's looking to be the nicest day of the week so I'm headed back up to Tux. I'm hoping for an early start so I should be making turns by 9am guy.

STFUARMF

fuhkan anemaal

eh, not for nutin guy, but you rode deeper into da season than the girls from the LCI! this is where the real snow is anyways, "the east is the beast " just ask all the euro trash on the detroit red wings!

you should have seen chappy's calfs in action yesterday.

training started monday a 6am for next season:

7- keto serving 8. 25mgs per day
    CLS extreme serving 4. 50mgs per day
    hydroxycut serving 4 50mgs per day
    diet coke serving 4 cans a day
    skoal mint serving 1/4 can per day
    pure protien serving 50grams per day
    tyllenol pm serving 4 before bed time

I'll see you on the hill in novemba!

My First Day of Summer Vacation...

It was an epic bluebird day up in the bowl. The snow was a perfect blend of corn and cream cheese. I took 6 fantastic runs on Lower Sluice. The snow is melting fast and there is a lot of undermining going on from the streams underneath so it's getting a little sketchy in some parts. But, there will probably still be enough snow to make some turns for another few weeks. I think my season is officially done R.I.P.--Nov 22 to June 17th. Not too shabby for the East. Just 5 months 'til the lifts start turning again. I can't wait!!

Hard Core

Nice shots guy! Glad to see someone stepping up their game!

Bonnaroo was crazy. MGMT killed it. Phish's first set on Sunday was unbelievable, and then Bruce came out and almost ruined it. Luckily they nailed Glory days with an unbelievable jam out at the end.

17 hour drive on Monday. Now I'm sick. Go figure.
    -Shutting the %$#@ Up and Riding Since '86

Ninety-nine percent of snowboarders are good people enjoying a clean sport, and it is only one percent who are antisocial barbarians.

Who else did you see at Bonnaroo? The lineup of bands was absolutely mind boggling.

Let me know if you want any shows from the current Phish tour. I have almost all of em. Camden is SICK!!!

The List

Alberta Cross, Chairlift, Zak Brown Band, Gomez, Animal Collective, Galactic, Phish, Booker T and the Drive by Truckers, Govt Mule, Wilco, MGMT, Moe, Citizen Cope, Erykah Badu, Andrew Bird, Band of horses, Phish.

Should have seen: Of Montreal, tv on the radio, and several others.

What a crazy place. The kids next to us were there for the drugs and not the music. They bought shrooms, acid, pot, gooballs, ganga muffins and everything else they could get their hands on. They kept buying "acid" because it all turned out to be worthless little pieces of paper. Nice kids, as far as camping neighbors go.

I saw an old friend of mine from Ashland that I hadn't seen in 18 or 19 years.

Pretty well run place.

How was Greeat Woods??
    Last edited by polaris; June 18th, 2009 at 05:34 PM.

Ninety-nine percent of snowboarders are good people enjoying a clean sport, and it is only one percent who are antisocial barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by polaris View Post

What a crazy place. The kids next to us were there for the drugs and not the music. They bought shrooms, acid, pot, gooballs, ganga muffins and everything else they could get their hands on. They kept buying "acid" because it all turned out to be worthless little pieces of paper. Nice kids, as far as camping neighbors go.
    I didn't know you went to Bonnaroo with Gleb??!?!?

Great Woods was fun. Hung out with my old college buds so it was a total flashback to all the old GW shows from the 90's. They didn't play anything mindblowing, but it was still a solid show with the highlight being a stellar Fluffhead in the 2nd set. You need to check out Camden. So far it's the best show of the tour.

Some Viddy

Glory Daze from Ken Boivin on Vimeo.

I'll take any shows you want to send my way. You have FTP access?

Gleb was there! I'm sure of it.

Nice vid!!

check your work email. I sent you links for the first 2 weeks of tour: 5/31 Fenway -->6/12 Bonnaroo.

eh, not for nutin guy, but you rode deeper into da season than the girls from the LCI! this is where the real snow is anyways, "the east is the beast " just ask all the euro trash on the detroit red wings!
    True JD. We did howeva have one riding up until two weeks ago. He was hikin' all ova CO for it. As for the rest of the LCI it is bikin time. Oh yeah, we have prospects JustK and JohnC. hedin' for urup next month and they are makin plans to slide on glaciers ova there.

Enzo,
    Nice shots and good job ridin the summer. Keep it up.

Any T32 plans to visit CO again yet? Keep us informed if you are comin.

Ink
    LCI Freakcarve...
    Seriously having Fun!

i'll be local 7/10-7/12

t32 i'll be at the bitta end bah friday p.m having a couple cold ones. just wondering if you guys are going to be in the area for an adult beverage or 15. then saturday its off to story land with mini me and her chipped tooth. let me know!

big duke 6!

gfy's

July Turns???

We're cruising ova to Portland for the weekend, but might be around Fri night. Keep me posted on your eta.

If you're headed all the way up to Story Land, you should hit Tux. Strap on the board and the baby bjorn for the mini-me. There's still a white line sliver of snow up there that a few crack addicts won't let go of.

Weekend

We are at Moody Beach Friday and Saturday. I plan to hike in your area on Sunday, but you'll probably be down the road by the time I could swing by. Let me know if you want to join the hike.

-Ken

s h i t g u y i need a fix.....but i'll be working a double to pay for coilers and chrome. let me know when you'll be up next

schleevo

i'll be up around 7 ish. around 10 ill be !

ova!

dtmfh and bring some phukkin hot dogs!!

JD,

Here is a quick vid of KarverKai trying out slalom skateboarding at the US Nationals last weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zh5g1eDBGw

Next season he will be carving as well as most on the forum.

Hopefully he can join us this season if T32 makes another stop here on their national tour.

Ink
    LCI Freakcarve...
    Seriously having Fun!

T32,

i will at the bitter end bar saturday afternoon thru sunday. just seeing if you guys are going to be in the area. stop by and have a couple frosties!

let me know.

BD6

T32,

i will at the bitter end bar saturday afternoon thru sunday. just seeing if you guys are going to be in the area. stop by and have a couple frosties!

let me know.

BD6
    Should I bring up my board & boots for some drunken indian carpet carving?? I might have a family thing going on in the late afternoon, so I'm hoping to up in Linkin' around 7 or 8pm for some frosties. Time to plan the T32 strategy for the assault of the 2009-2010 season.

Polaris/Stevo...are you guys headed up??

this w/e i will be drunk on rattlesnake island trying to stop a ski boat with one arm......

the wiffer says i need a t32 assault meeting ASAP we're and hard! one of the next few weekends coming up??

Thread Information