PDA

View Full Version : which board for Killington?

sleevez
December 7th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Im heading out to Killington this wkend :lurk: !!!! i think they are projection 50+ runs with 14 lifts this wkend :D

just want some suggestions on which board i should take up to killington VT

164 burton factory prime with scr of 11 i think.
or
183 nidecker gs with scr 13,

how open are the runs up in killington (never been), would the 183 gs be too big for it?

thanks.

Velveeta
December 7th, 2005, 01:38 PM
If you're the type who can get on the first chair, the Nidecker will serve you well for much of the morning. You can switch to the FP later in the day when your legs are rubber and the hordes descend. However, if you're the type who rolls into the parting lot at about 10 AM, stick with the FP.

Depending on what's groomed and where you're comfortable, there are definitely options to let the 183 rip!

Hope this helps.

Eddie

tex1230
December 7th, 2005, 01:42 PM
take both - ride the big one in the morning then if(when) it gets too crowded switch - i forget the names of the runs - bu here's a lift-line run over by where the kids ski school meets that's a nice relatively wide rolling blue that has good grooming and usually holds up most of the day (Sunnyside area?)

sleevez
December 7th, 2005, 02:00 PM
yeah i think we should be there for the 1st chair up. the only thing is.. im already taking a softbootsetup for sunday.. i don't know if i will have that much room to bring all 3 of them up. althought i would loveeeee to have that 183 rip down there...... hummmm.. !!! and also i will have to leave the board in the car !! :confused:

jdgang
December 7th, 2005, 02:01 PM
take both - ride the big one in the morning then if(when) it gets too crowded switch - i forget the names of the runs - bu here's a lift-line run over by where the kids ski school meets that's a nice relatively wide rolling blue that has good grooming and usually holds up most of the day (Sunnyside area?)

I beleive that would be the center run on Ram's Head dont remember the name of it though

durace
December 7th, 2005, 02:11 PM
I talked to someone that was there on friday and said not much open. Only one way down for the most part and Superstar wasn't even all open. The big K is liberal with what they call a trail, check the maps and see if 50 is more than 3 ways down and if they connect.

bobdea
December 7th, 2005, 02:49 PM
gun but just be careful where trails intersect, killington is a great place to carve at decent speed its just that between the people that ski there and the trail layout LOTS of accidents can happen.

sometimes though the grooming is not so hot and its crouded

snow|3oarder
December 7th, 2005, 06:17 PM
that center run on rams head or sunnyside, i cant remember the name, is where i learned how to carve and decided to go all the way with alpine equipment. great run.

sleevez
December 7th, 2005, 09:52 PM
sweet thanks for all the suggestions, my other question is.. is there even of a base at this time of the year ? don't really wanna messup the base of the beast so early in the season. !!! :confused:

jbb
December 8th, 2005, 05:21 AM
The run under Ram Head Quad is pretty good if you want a beginners slope, nice and wide, not real crowded, uphill capacity of lift is low. However always look uphill exiting a heel side turn, plenty of out-of-control beginners bombing the hill. I was stabbed by a ski pole here, the only thing that saved me was my wallet in chest pocket. Still have hole in my jacket. My favorites are at Bear Mt...both Wildfire and Bear Claw are sweet, steeper but they get bumped up pretty fast. Favorite is under Skye Peak lift, wide, moderate pitch, couple of drop aways at trail crossings, and if your laying good lines, the lifts will hoot. Base on open runs is usually good, there is plenty of 'packed powder' know the world over as ice, which does not get skied off quickly.