PDA

View Full Version : can you buy VIST parts?

evnewsphoto
March 29th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I stripped a few of the instert holes on a vist plate- the aluiminum plate that you mount the bindingd to, does anyone know if you can buy that part seperatly from the whole plate? I looked on thier website (VIST) and it's very basic and just has one pic of the plate and no info. Thanks, Everett

jp1
March 29th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I'm not familiar with the Vist Plate system, but if it is Aluminum, I'd think Heli-Coils would be the ticket.

piusthedrcarve
March 29th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Try Hardbooter.com. I remember VIST installation Video from there.

Bordy
March 29th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I stripped a few of the instert holes on a vist plate- the aluiminum plate that you mount the bindingd to, does anyone know if you can buy that part seperatly from the whole plate? I looked on thier website (VIST) and it's very basic and just has one pic of the plate and no info. Thanks, Everett

Use longer bolts and a locking nut or lock washer n nut, you can get a wrench under the plate, Just dont go to long that you hit the top sheet.... If not you can retap to 1/4-20 and get new stainless screws.

BB

lowrider
March 29th, 2012, 05:19 PM
If you are handy the heli coil for sure ! Alternatively local mechanic or engine rebuild shop should have lots of experience with stripped aluminum. You probably have room underneath for a nut on a longer screw. Or screw up from bottom with nut on top.