PDA

View Full Version : Finding the right size for a UPZ RC 10

Christian
December 10th, 2009, 02:52 AM
I don't have very good heel hold in my Raichle AF600. That's why I want to buy a new UPZ RC 10 (the one from Virus).

Currently I ride an M26 Raichle/Deeluxe with Thermoflex Liners. My left foot is 26.3cm long and my right 25.8cm.

So my question is, what UPZ size should I take? (I think the M26, but I'm not completely sure)

Thanks for your help

Christian

Hans
December 10th, 2009, 03:03 AM
Buy new boots because you have no good heelhold? That's a pitty. Why don't you buy new custom foamed liners then? For instance Strolz, about EUR 250.--.

Christian
December 10th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Hans, your are right, but why do you have every year a few more boards? You have Tinkler, Coiler, some Virusboards and I think a few more. I know the answer: Because you like to try different toys (and you have the money). So its the same (more or less) reason for me. I like to tweak my setup, I like to try new stuff. So I thought I can buy new boots (my AF600 are 8 years old).

But maybe I should try a new Strolz-Liner. Can you (or anyone else) recommend a good strolz bootfitter in the european alps?Preferably in south-tirol (because I think I'm going there next week).

Do you think my heel hold will be much better in some strolz-liners? (in my AF600 I can lift my heel maybe 1-2cm)

Christian

Hans
December 10th, 2009, 05:17 AM
Yeah, most of the time I buy one new toy each year.

If your boots are 8 years old then you are permitted to buy new boots :lol:

Just call Frank from Virus aboutthe new UPZ's.

I have let them make overhere (Strolz). Went to them in the afternoon without making an appointment. After one night of harding out the foam, I was ready to go the next morning:
http://www.sport-hauser.at/start.htm

I don't want anything else in my hardboots anymore. Always the same fit, incredible heelhold.

Ernie00
December 10th, 2009, 05:25 AM
I had AF600 also and just switch to UPZ-RC .. you can read my first impression on BOL... I posted it monday night.

I am the same size in my AF600 as the UPZ.. both 27

hope this helps

Allee
December 10th, 2009, 07:55 AM
I'm a 26.5 in my Tracks and went to the same size in the UPZ's, and they fit fine.

Thor VonRippington
December 10th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I went from a 28 Raichle to 27 UPZ RC10... same liner molded in each boot. MUCH better fit

queequeg
December 10th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I went from a 28 Raichle to 27 UPZ RC10... same liner molded in each boot. MUCH better fit

This jives somewhat with my experience - I went from a 26 Head to a 26 UPZ and whereas the Head 26 just barely accommodated the length of my foot there is a tiny bit more room with the UPZ 26. Probably a byproduct of the higher heel placement in the UPZ?